Smart Energy Program of Energy management centre
Energy Management Centre - Kerala (EMC) is the State designated agency to enforce the Energy Conservation Act 2OOI. Energy education is one of the focal areas of EMC. Smart Energy Programme (SEP) is the flagship project of EMC, which was formed to spark off an initiative for curbing energy wastage through active measures and also popularizing the importance of energy conservation and energy efficiency measures among students. Two faculty members, 11 UG students and 9 PG students are enrolled in Smart Energy program of EMC in July 2016
Various activities under SEP
1. Er. Arun Sebastian attended a one day workshop on energy conservation was conduction on EMC Trivandrum on 20th July 2016.
2. An external talk was taken by Er. Shahil M , Deputy manager projects(KMML) on the topic “A simple Awareness on Energy Management and Energy Management System” on 5th October 2016.
3. A one day training on energy auditing was attended by Er. Arun Sebastian and 10 UG students.
4. An international seminar on Power India impacts of climate change and imperatives for rapid transition was attended by Er. Rachel Rose on 14th and 15th November 2016 at EMC campus Thiruvanathapuram.
5. Er. Ancy Sara Varghese and Er. Arun Sebastian attended two day training program of Energy Management and audit at EMC campus thiruvanathapuram conducted on 14th and 15th December 2016.