DEPARTMENT ADVISORY BOARD
THE DEPARTMENT ADVISORY BOARD MEETING (2017-2018)
DAB Meeting was successfully conducted on 28.04.2018. Thirteen members attended the meeting. Three new members joined the department advisory board.The main discussion was on problems like attitude of the students, lack of employability in core areas & the need for a new outlook in training students.
THE DEPARTMENT ADVISORY BOARD MEETING (2016-2017)
DAB Meeting was successfully conducted on 11.03.2017. Eighteen members attended the meeting. Three new members joined the department advisory board. The members of the DAB gave valuable suggestions to bridge the industry-academia gap.
THE DEPARTMENT ADVISORY BOARD MEETING (2015-2016)
HOD introduced the two new members - Er. Sunoj Michael, consultant, SAP CCS Technologies, Kottayam & Er. Sudheesh A.N, SDE, BSNL, Kottayam.
- Re defining the PEOs & defining PSOs (Program specific Objectives) as per the new SAR. Suggestions from stakeholders were collected & draft PEOs and PSOs were framed by the Dept. UG Coordinator circulated the draft proposal for discussions.
- Comments from NBA Experts . Detailed discussions on the deficiencies, Weaknesses & concerns were requested & suggestions for improvement are needed.
- Activity Report presented.
- discussions as a whole was very effective & all members contributed in it. Detailed discussion on ‘teaching - learning process, means to improve Industry interaction, IPR cells, knowledge enhancement etc.. were taken place. Some of the suggestions that popped-up are,
- Organize programmes to bring out the skills in students. Periodic skill up gradation with reference to R & D work at industries are essential.
- Teach in such a way that basic concepts are made clear. Teachers must concentrate on quality more than a pass%.
- While preparing students as good professionals, make sure to train them as good persons also. Try to instill “ commitment to society” in students. For this, spare some time during normal class time to ‘ introduce great personalities ‘ to students.
- Try for some collaboration with IPR cell with CUSAT and NPOL. Try to form a sub-cell of Prime Minister’s Karshik Vikas (PMKV) skill development Programme. IETE Cochin Unit is planning to start a programme similar to PMKV in Cochin. Dr M V Rajesh promised to consider our institution as part of that programme.
- Students must be directed to be part of open source programmes by Google.
THE DEPARTMENT ADVISORY BOARD MEETING (2014-2015)
HOD proposed an introductory talk stressing ‘ the points that the dept. focused more during last year & new ideas proposed for coming year’. She started her talk with comments on the recently conducted IE Accreditation on 09-02-2015. The feedback from the IE experts were,
- Strategic planning committee is not formed in the dept. (Advised to form immediately).
- SWOT Analysis file not found. Advised to keep SWOT analysis file & do the analysis on an yearly basis.
- Citation in UG project report – minimum 6 needed.-only 4 was present in UG reports.
- Consolidate faculty presentations. (like student’s project consolidations)
- Dept. Publications – well appreciated.
- Add-on Courses in each semester – commented as a very good practice.
- Social relevant projects & social activities- appreciated & advised to go for funded projects of social relevance..
- RIGs – appreciated the functioning of Research Interest Groups
- FET (Faculty Enhancement Talks)series. VLSI (11), Embedded systems & advanced computing(5), Signal processing & Communication(6)
- Tech. talks.- to inculcate research culture in the dept.
- Software training for faculty as well as students – (Mentor Graphics – backend tools training for faculty conducted by other faculty of the dept.)