SAINTGITS IEEE SSCS Student Chapter in association with Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering organized a two day Workshop on “Modeling and Simulation of Micro Electro Mechanical Systems using IntelliSuite Software” sponsored by IEEE Solid State Circuit Society from 8th June 2017 to 9th June 2017. Er. Ajith Ravindran – Branch Advisor, SAINTGITS SSCS Student Chapter. Total number of Participants :- 22 ((External Participants :- 4(1 from Chenganoor Engineering College & 3 from Amrita University)), 12 PG students, 5 faculty members from ECE & 1 faculty member from EEE)
· Er. Ajith Ravindran (Chapter Advisor – SSCS Saintgits Student Chapter) – published an article on “IEEE SSCS Saintgits Chapter Hosts Tailor-Made Courses in IC Design” in ‘IEEE Solid State Circuits Magazine’ Spring 2017 on 21st June, 2017.
As part of IEEE SSCS "Distinguished Lecture Programme", a lecturer cum Interactive session by Dr. Yong Ping Xu, Professor, National University of Singapore (NUS) on the topic "MEMS Inertial Sensors", at AB Seminar Hall was conducted on 20th November, 2017.
1. To enhance the employability & to train students to meet industry requirements - “Tailor made courses” for PG (VLSI) & UG (VLSI, Embedded & Comm.) – Syllabus approved by Industry Experts – Funding from IEEE-SSCS – scheduled for 8th April, 2017. Inaugural function conducted on 13th March, 2017 by Mr. Harish Mysore, Director IEEE India Operations. He interacted with faculty members & students (PG & S6 ECE students) in an interactive session and also interacted with higher officials in another session. He also interacted with 23 students from various streams in Saintgits Group of Institutions in the session “Gyanikkoppam-Know the Genius”.
2. Er. Ajith Ravindran (Chapter Advisor – SSCS Saintgits Student Chapter) – published an article on “SSCS Saintgits Student Chapter Hosts Fourth Conference on Solid-State Circuits” in ‘IEEE Solid State Circuits Magazine’ winter 2017 on 23rd January, 2017.
3. Er. Ajith Ravindran (Chapter Advisor – SSCS Saintgits Student Chapter) – published an article on “SSCS Saintgits Student Chapter organizes Knowledge Enhancement Talk Series 2016 on Polymer MEMS” in ‘IEEE Solid State Circuits Magazine’ Summer2016, Vol. 8, No: 3 on 2nd September, 2016.
4. IEEE SSCS sponsored 4th Conference on Solid State Circuits successfully conducted on 25th and 26th August, 2016 – funding of USD 3500
Dr. Ganesh Shankar Samudra – National University of Singapore, Singapore
Dr. Ravishankar – IIT, Ropar
Dr. Murty N – IIT, Bhubaneswar
5. Saintgits IEEE SSCS Student Chapter & Electronics & Communication Engineering Department organized a presentation by Dr. K P Zacharia, Professor, Department of ECE, on “The Logic behind the Techniques used in Steady-State-Analysis of AC Circuits” for the faculty members of ECE, EEE, AEI Departments on 30/07/2016.
Organized a talk cum Interactive Session on “Polymer MEMS: an Emerging Technology for Nanomechanical Sensors”, as part of “Knowledge Enhancement Talk Series 2016” on 3rd May, 2016. Dr. Seena V, Department of Avionics, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Trivandrum handled the comprehension session and led the interactive session on the topic.