1. In association with the IETE Students’ Forum, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering conducted a talk on “Importance of Value Education in Technical Education” for the 2016-2020 Batch students (S5) on 29th September, 2018 as part of the Engineers’ Day Celebration. The resource person for the talk was Dr. Riboy Cheriyan, HOD, Department of ECE, Saintgits College of Engineering.
2.IETE students' forum in association with Department of ECE conducted a technical talk on "Digital Camera Challenges: A mobile Perspective" by Er. Sigu Joseph, Senior Staff Manager, Qualcomm, Hyderabad for the S5 (2016-2020 Batch) & S7 (2015-2019 Batch) students of ECE on 11th October, 2018.
3.IETE students' forum in association with Department of ECE conducted a training program on Arduino for S3 students (2017-2021 Batch) by S7 students (2015-2019 Batch) on 27th October, 2018.
4.IETE students' forum in association with Department of ECE conducted a training program on Raspberry Pi for S5 students (2016-2020 Batch) by Sandeep B Kadam (S3 Mtech VE (2017-2019 Batch)) on 27th October, 2018.
5 .IETE Students' Forum in association with Department of ECE conducted a Big Idea Competition at Intercollegiate level on 27th November, 2018.
6. Department of ECE in association with IETE & ASGEC, conducted a counselling session by Dr. Anvar Sadath V, AP, Psychiatric Social Work, IMHANS, Kozhikode on the topic "Positive Mental Health and Personality Development" for the students of S6(2016-2020 Batch) and S8(2015-2019 Batch) on 2nd February, 2019 from 9.00am to 10.30am. Coordinator – Er. Rekha Subash
7. Department of ECE in association with IETE & ASGEC, conducted a counselling session by Dr. Anvar Sadath V, AP, Psychiatric Social Work, IMHANS, Kozhikode on the topic "How to face difficult situations in student's life" for the students of S2(2018-2022 Batch) and S4(2017-2021Batch) on 2nd February, 2019 from 11.00am to 12.30pm. Coordinator – Er. Rekha Subash
1. IETE Students Forum(ISF) unit at Saintgits College of Engineering got the Prof. M N Namboodiripad endowment award 2017 for the best performing ISF consisting of Rs 10,000/- and a memento. The award distribution was conducted on 5th August, 2017 at Hotel BTH Sarovaram, Ernakulam.
2. IETE Students’ Forum (ISF) in association with Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering conducted a Quiz competition in connection with the Engineer’s Day Celebration on 27th October, 2017 (Prelims conducted on 13th October, 2017).
1st Prize : Herlin Mary Jose & Elizabeth Pothen of S5 Civil Engineering Department
2nd Prize : James M Chacko & Joshua Siby of S5 Electronics & Communication Engineering
3rd Prize : Justin Mathew & Amal Babus of S5 Computer Science Engineering.
3. Conducted a workshop on "Fast and Effective Embedded Systems Design" for S5 (2015-2019 Batch) and S7 (2014-2018 Batch) students in association with IETE Students' Forum(ISF) Livewire Kottayam. 60 students participated.
4. In association with IETE Students’ Forum conducted a higher studies guidance by IMS Kottayam (talk by external faculty) for S6 (2015-2019 Batch) students on 5th January, 2018.
5. KSCSTE funded 2 day workshop on "Research Methodology, Writing Practices, Language and soft skills" to equip Women Researchers (Women in Science) in association with IETE was conducted on 18th & 19th January, 2018. A fund of Rs 40,000/- got sanctioned from KSCSTE dated 28/10/2017.
Workshop Coordinator – Er. Sreekala K S
Co-coordinators – Er. Anu Raj & Er. Preena Prasad
6. In association with the IETE Students’ Forum, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, SAINTGITS College of Engineering organized a talk on “Ethics & Scruples of a Professional” for the first year students (2017-21 Batch) on 8th March, 2018. Dr. Riboy Cheriyan, HOD, Department of ECE, SAINTGITS College of Engineering delivered the talk.
7. Conducted a workshop on "Introduction to IoT using Raspberry Pi" organized by IETE Students' Forum in association with Saintgits IoT Club and Department of ECE, Saintgits College of Engineering on 7th & 8th April, 2018. Coordinator – Er. Abraham K Thomas, IETE Coordinator – Dr. Riboy Cheriyan
Resource Persons :- Experts from Neo Green Labs, Kochi
Total number of participants:- 28 [ECE students – 12(2016-2020 Batch – 10, 2015-2019 Batch – 2), EEE students – 9, AEI students- 7]
1. In association with IETE students forum, conducted a “Workshop on Arduino” for S6 students in the microprocessor lab on 22nd March, 2017 from 9.00AM to 4.20PM.
2. Three Day Workshop on “EDA Tools - Or CAD'' for Technical Staff in Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation branches conducted from 9th to 11th January, 2017 in association with IETE.
3. Department (EC) level Soldering Competition in association with IETE Students Forum (ISF) conducted on 10th November, 2016 at 4.00pm. Screening Aptitude test for the same conducted on 8th November, 2016.
1st Prize: Keerthy Samji & team(S7 EC)
2nd Prize: Reuben George Mathai(S1 EC)
3. A department (EC) level Project Competition in association with IETE Students Forum (ISF) successfully conducted on 30th September, 2016. 8 batches presented the projects– 1 from S1 & 7 from S7. Prizes were distributed on 4th October, 2016.
1st Prize: Jenita Ann Mathew, Lidiya Daley, Jily Varghese, Jisha Raju of S7 ECE– Project: “Power Meter Billing System using GSM”
2nd Prize: Rijoe Chacko Mathew, Gautham J, Amal Raj of S7 ECE– Project: “RFID based Student Security System”
4. In association with IETE, a talk on “Raspberry Pi” by our alumnus, Mr. Jibin K John was conducted for S5 & S7 EC students on 3rd October, 2016.
1. An Inter College PAPER PRESENTATION COMPETITION for students of Electronics and Communication, Applied Electronics and Instrumentation, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Branches conducted on 12th February 2016.
2. Organized a TWO DAY TRAINING PROGRAM (SHIKSHYA - 2016) for the Higher Secondary students during the last week of February 2016 for developing their interest in the field of Electronics.