1. Department of ECE in association with IE (I) conducted an aptitude test on 28th September, 2018. The winner was Sruthy Susa Varkey (S7 ECE, 2015-2019 Batch).
2. A technical paper was submitted by Sruthy Susa Varkey of S7 ECE (2015-2019 Batch) for the IE (I) convention 2018 at Ranchi.
3. Institution of Engineers (India) students’ chapter and Electronics and Communication (EC) engineering division jointly organized general aptitude test for second year students (2017-2021 Batch) of ECE department on 7th February, 2019 from 1.00 PM to 1.30 PM.
1st prize – Elcen Ninan
2nd prize – Samanta Cottackal
3rd prize – Ryan C Roy & Anjaly Treesa Varghese
4. Institution of Engineers (India) students’ chapter and Electronics and Communication (EC) Engineering division jointly projected technical film show on “PCB Design and Manufacturing Process” for final and third year students of ECE department(2015-2019 Batch & 2016-2020 batch) on 8th February, 2019 from 1.30 PM to 2.00 PM.
1.Conducted Aptitude test for the students of S1, S3 & S5 EC batches in association with IE (I), students’ chapter EC division on 10th October, 2017.
2. In connection with 50th Engineer’s day Celebration, IE (I), students’ chapter EC division is organizing a “Discrete Components Project competition” for all the circuit branches divisions (EC/EE/AEI). Completed projects must be submitted on 20th October, 2017.
3. Er. V Vijayachandran Nair, newly elected member of the National Council of IE(I) visited Saintgits College and interacted with the teaching faculty members of Saintgits on various schemes of the IE(I) for funding research work, organizing conferences etc. on 21st December, 2017. Er. Aravindhan A – IE(I) Coordinator
1. EC Department conducted a technical demonstration on “VLSI Hardware – Nexus 3 & 4” on 10th & 11th November, 2016. The event was conducted by Er. Jyothish Chandran G, Er. Aravindhan A & Dr. Ragesh G K.
2. Engineer’s day celebration conducted on 7th October, 2016 – Sruthy Susa Varkey (S3 EC) selected for the paper presentation to be conducted on 7th October, 2016.
3. The Students’ Chapter of Institution of Engineers (India) of Saintgits College of Engineering organized a paper presentation competition in the theme of “SKILL DEVELOPMENT FOR YOUNG ENGINEERS TO REFORM THE CORE SECTOR : VISION 2025” on 30th September 2016 in connection with the 49th Engineers’ Day which falls on 15th September, 2016.
4. Department level Aptitude Test conducted on 7th September, 2016.
5. Project report on the topic “InGaAs/GaAsSb Heterojunction TFET for the realization of Energy Efficient Complementary Logic” (Guide: Dr. Shajimon K John & Er. Ajith Ravindran) published in ‘Compendium on R&D Projects under IE (I) Grant-in-aid Scheme’ (Vol. 5) on September, 2016.
6.The IE (I) acknowledged with thanks the valuable services rendered by Er. Aravindhan A towards evaluating the article titled “Optimal Golomb Ruler Sequences Generation for optimal WDM Systems: A novel parallel Hybrid Multi-objective Bat Algorithm” submitted for publication in the Institution Journal which helps in maintaining the good standard of the Journal on 17th December, 2016.
7.· The Institution of Engineers Saintgits students’ chapter, Electronics & Communication Engineering division had organized a group discussion competition at SB Theater Class Room on 17-02-17, Friday. The group discussion was open to all batches of EC department and those ten people who registered first were eligible to participate. Eight students from the EC division participated in the event with enthusiasm and the topic for the discussion was “Electronic Industry Growth”.
1. Department paper presentation competition conducted on 8th April, 2016
2. Department soldering competition conducted on 6th April, 2016
3. Department quiz competition conducted on 1st April, 2016