NSS TECH CELL
The motto of NSS is to evoke in every individual the feeling of ‘Not me, But you’ and involve college youth in social service. The NSS Tech unit of our college actively engages in various social service activities in and around the college. They organize festival celebrations, Blood donation camps, medical awareness camps, distribution of clothes, books etc. The overall objective of the scheme is educational and service to the community and is aimed at developing the overall personality of the students in such a way so that the students emerge as responsible individuals encompassing the virtues of life. NSS volunteers are an asset to society. It underlines that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society on the whole. Our NSS unit is acting as a catalyst to build up the right type of leadership in an Institution.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Understand themselves in relation to their community and ensure student participation in community service
- Organize events to increase awareness among community members and involve them in social work so that they can work hand-in-glove with students
Flood Relief Programmes in August 2018
The activities are mainly conducted at various flood affected areas of Panachikad and Puthupally panchayath. We have distributed kits which consists of four items: Towel, Bed sheets, Soaps, Nighty (women) and Lungi (men). We moved in two groups one to Panachikad area and one to the Puthupally area. In addition to the dress kits we have provided 185 food packets for the campers at Choorachira Government L P School. A large number of staff and students helped in arranging these food packets.
The Rehabilitation Survey in August 2018
The NSS units of our college actively participated in the post flood rehabilitation programmes. The programmes were conducted under the guidelines of DTE, KTU and NSS State cell. The team was asked to conduct the programmes at Madapally block Panchayath. The programmes include rehabilitation survey, assessment of loss and estimation.