The Saintgits Institute of Management has established the Centre for Applied Finance (SCAF) with the objective of attracting the best students and provide a comprehensive platform based real-time learning experience. The Centre was established with the mission of offering research and consultancy in the Financial Services and Commodity markets space.
Bloomberg Finance Lab @ SCAF
The state of the art Bloomberg Finance Lab @ SCAF is equipped with 12 Bloomberg terminals, which is one of its kind in Kerala and one of the tree such facilities in South India. The Lab offers a platform that allows us to bring the real world experiences into the classroom and provides students with the same platform used by the world’s leading financial institutions, banks, corporations and government agencies. The terminals provide real-time and historical data, market moving news and analytics to help leading business and financial professionals make better informed investment decisions. The Bloomberg Lab will greatly enhance the academic skills of our students especially in finance, accounting, marketing, supply chain and management, and enhance their professional marketability. The Lab greatly enhances our ability to do research and offer consultancy services in this space.
Programmes offered SCAF
Saintgits had entered into an MoU with National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) allowing us to offer two co-branded certificate programmes in the Securities Trading and Wealth Management areas.
The NCCMP Certification in Securities Trading
The NCCMP Certification course on Securities Trading will cover the following 4 subjects as two modules
|Module I||Module II|
|Bloomberg Market Concepts||Securities Operations and Risk Management Certification|
|Securities Trading and Stock Exchanges||Equity Derivatives Certification|
The NCCMP Certification in Wealth Management
The NCCMP Certification course on Wealth Management will cover the following 4 subjects as two modules
|Module I||Module II|
|Bloomberg Market Concepts||Mutual Fund Distributions Certification|
|Securities Trading and Stock Exchanges||Investment Advisor Certification|
The maximum duration of the programme will be 5 Months. The programme will be for 100 hours duration. A student will be declared successful and awarded NCCMP joint certifications by National Institute of Securities Markets and Saintigts Institute of Management, based on the following criteria:
- Secure at least 50% marks in internal / term examination
- Submission of project wok and assignments of good quality
- Meeting attendance requirement as decided by Saintgits Institute of Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Wealth Management
Saintgits Institute Management is planning to offer a Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Wealth Management in Association with Geojit Financial Services from the 2019-21 batch onwards. We will be integrating the Bloomberg Terminal based hands on learning to provide the students a real-life simulation of the professional world.
The objective of the course will be as below
- Product Knowledge – Equity, Debt, Real Estate, Mutual Funds, Alternative Investments, Derivatives
- Understanding of Financial Markets and Competition – Conduct Equity Research, recommend investments, Manage client portfolio’s, manage cross border investment
- Business Understanding – Wealth Management, Financial Planning, Portfolio Management Services, Estate Planning, Investment Planning, Personal Taxation, Retirement
- Customer Management and Client Psychology – Develop, implement and review wealth plans, understand the client’s different behaviour towards investment
- Soft Skills and Selling Skills – To cater to HNI’s and Ultra HNI’s
The diploma programme is a 28 credit programme spread over the duration of the MBA programme four specialized courses of three credits each and two identified KTU elective courses of three credits each. The course will incorporate internships, workshops industry visits and projects.