Ms Chasmi Maria Chacko
Designation: Assistant Professor, Department of Language
Qualification: Ph.D. (pursuing) M Phil, M.A
Ms. Chasmi holds masters in philosophy from Gandhigram Rural Institute-deemed-to-be University, Dindigul and Masters in English Language & Literature from St. Berchmans College, Changanacherry. She is pursuing Ph.D. from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. She has around 3 years of teaching experience and has published research papers in various Journals.
MPhil from GRI-deemed-to-be University,2019
MA English from St. Berchmans College, 2017
BA from Assumption College,2015
WORK EXPERIENCE (RESEARCH /TEACHING)
Assumption College- 2017-2018
Kristujyothi College- 2019-2020
AREA OF INTEREST (RESEARCH /TEACHING)
Cultural studies, Comic Studies, Film Studies, Disability Studies, Gender Studies
RESEARCH / FUNDED PROJECTS
- “Virtual Reality and Cognitive Development: Psychological Impact of Comics and Cartoons on Children” in the Kanpur Philosophers: International Journal of Humanities, Law and Social Sciences, vol. 8, No. 2 – 2348-8301
- “Reading Male Gaze: A Mulveyan Analysis of Super-Hero Comics” in the Journal of Oriental Research – vol. XCII- XVI, May 2021- The Kuppuswami Sastri Research Institute, Mylapore Madras ISSN – 0022-3301
International /Peer Reviewed Journals
- “Villainous Disability: Gazing the Deformed Bodies of Super Villains in Comics, in JETIR, Vol. 8, No. 6 – ISSN – 2349 – 5162
- “Queering the Queer in the Comic World: Breaking Up Social Constructivism” in the Baselious Researcher: A Journal of Interdisciplinary Study and Research; Published by Research Cell, Baselious College, Kottayam.
- “Sexed Glances: Politics of Representation in Superhero Comics” in International Journal of English Language, Literature in Humanities (IJELLH), vol.7, no.9, September 2019.
- Cultural Studies: The New Avant Garde – ISBN – 978-93-91314-89-7, Published by Authors Press, New Delhi
- “Verbal Curry: Chutnification of Past and Present in Salman Rushdie’s Midnight’s Children” in the National Conference conducted by Periyar University, Salem, Tamilnadu.
- “Textless Cognition: Thinking and Learning The Byju’s Way” in the National Conference organized by The Gandhigram Rural Institute-Deemed to be University, Dindigul, Tamilnadu.
- “Draupadi – The Cardinal Feminist Archetype: Reapproaching the Epic Storyline of Mahabharata in Chitra Divakaruni’s The Palace of Illusions” in UGC National Conference conducted by Jayaraj Annapackiam College for Women, Theni, Tamilnadu
- “The Dialectics of Diaspora: Geological & Cultural Displacement in Lahiri’s The Namesake” in the National Conference arranged by Lady Doak College, Madurai, Tamilnadu.
- “Queering the Queer in Comic World: Breaking Up Social Constructivism: A Case Study of Wonder Woman” in the National Conference organized by GTN Arts College, Dindigul, Tamilnadu
- NAME OF THE COURSE -Post-Colonial Literature, OFFERING INSTITUTION- IIT Kanpur, PERCENTAGE/GRADE AWARDED- 92% / ELITE Certificate
- NAME OF THE COURSE- American Literature and Culture, OFFERING INSTITUTION- IIT Madras, PERCENTAGE/GRADE AWARDED- 78%, SILVER MEDAL
- ELTAI (English Language Teachers Association of India)
- She also took up the role of an editor for an academic book.
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2433787, +91 9544327772 Email: email@example.com Quick Facts © 2020 Saintgits Group of Institutions
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF APPLIED SCIENCES
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2433787, +91 9544327772
© 2020 Saintgits Group of Institutions