Ms Ambily Merlin Kuruvilla
Designation: Assistant Professor (Special Grade) & Head of Computer Applications Department.
Qualification: MCA, M.Phil, Ph.D (Pursuing)
Ambily Merlin Kuruvilla is pursuing her research in Computer Science in the area of “Machine Learning” from, Karpagam Academy of Higher Education, Coimbatore. She holds a master degree in Computer applications from Sri Ramakrishna College affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, and M.Phil from Vinayaka Missions University, Salem. She has more than 18 years of graduate teaching experience and has published research papers in Journals and Proceedings of International repute.
M.Phil, Vinayaka Mission University, Salem 2009.
MCA, Bharathiar University Coimbatore, 2002
B.Sc. Physics, MG University, 1999
RESEARCH / FUNDED PROJECTS
- Pursuing Ph.D, Karpagam Academy of Higher Education, Coimbatore.
WORK EXPERIENCE (RESEARCH /TEACHING)
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Applications, Saintgits College of Applied Sciences from January 2007- till date.
Lecturer, Mangalam College of engineering.
Lecturer, Holy Cross College of management and Technology, puttady, Idukki.
AREA OF INTEREST (RESEARCH /TEACHING)
Data Mining, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
- “A Review and Analysis on Data Mining Algorithms to Predict Diabetes”, Journal of Information and Computational Science.
- “Predicting Diabetes Mellitus using Feature Selection and Classification Techniques in Machine Learning Algorithms”, Karpagam JCS, Vol 13, 2019.
- “Application of Artificial intelligence in educational scenario: Computer Assisted Instructions (CAI)-a tool for improving teaching learning process”, International Journal of Science & Engineering Development Research.
National / International Conference
- Presented a paper, entitled “Heart Disease Prediction System using Correlation Based Feature Selection with Multilayer Perceptron Approach”, in the AICTE Sponsored Annual International Conference on Emerging Research areas (AICERA 2020), Conducted by Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally, Kottayam, Kerala.
- Presented a paper, entitled “Presented and published a paper, entitled “security of website” in the National Conference on “Recent Trends and Advances in the Field of Information and Technology (NCIT’19)”, conducted by Karpagam Academy of Higher Education on 27th September 2019.
- Presented and published a paper, entitled “Computer Assisted Instructions (CAI)-a tool for improving teaching learning process”, A New Approach in the field of Education” in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Computer Assisted Instructions”, conducted by Bharata Mata College on 4th– 6th December2017.
- Presented and published a paper, entitled “security of website” in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Cyber Criminology”, conducted by Baselios Paulose II Catholicos College, Piravom on 3rd -4th March 2011.
WORKSHOPS / TRAINING / WEBINAR ATTENDED
- Attended a 10 Day “NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PREDICTIVE ANALYSIS”, AICTE sponsored National Conference on Predictive Analysis October 2019.
- Attended a 2 Day National Workshop organized by the Department of Computer Sciences, BCM College, Kottayam in Data Analytics with Python.
- Participated in the International Webinar on Cloud and Bigdata organised by the department of Computer Applications MES College Marampally , Aluva, May 16, 2020.
- Participated in the National Webinar on “National Education Policy”, organised by the IQAC, Bishop Speechly College for Advanced Studies(BISCFAS), Pallom, Kottayam on 7th August 2020.
- Successfully Completed Machine Learning Algorithms, Software’s, Deep Learning Online Course of Kaushik Vadali April 16.2019.
- Completed “A Gentle Introduction to Machine Learning Using SciKit Learn online Course of Mike West October 31,2019.
- Completed “Machine Learning: Making Computers to Think” by Ubaid Usmani October28,2019.
- IQAC Coordinator for the academic year 2016-17 and 2017-18.
- Member of College Development Council 2017 to 2021.
- Member of IQAC 2015-2021
- Member of Student Grievance / Anti-Ragging Committee 2018 to 2021.
- Member of SC/St Monitoring/Ethics Committee 2018 to 2021.
- Member of Admission Committee 2012 to 2020.
- Member of Staff Council 2015 to 2021.
- Convener of Computer Lab 2012-2021.
- College Nodal officer 2016 to 2021.
- Faculty in-charge for “he-for-she” club for the academic year 2017-18.
- Faculty in charge of the Arts Club for the year 2019-20.
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF APPLIED SCIENCES
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Tel: +91 481 2433787, +91 9544327772
© 2020 Saintgits Group of Institutions