The Saintgits College of Applied Sciences(SCAS) Library functioning here as an information disseminating centre catering to the needs of students and staff community has a major role in paving the way for better academic excellence. The SCAS library has been providing specialized collections of Books, Journals, Magazines & Non-book materials. The Collection replete with 7004 Volumes of Books, 30 National and International Printed Journals. The Saintgits College of Applied Sciences Library has access to e-resources of DELNET (Library Networking). The OPAC uses kiosks for searching the library collections. The Library have collections of DVDs and back Volumes of Periodicals.
The SOUL software is used for Library Automation. SOUL Software which is an integrated multi-user management system that supports all in-house operations of the library. Bibliographic records of books available in the library can be accessed through the SOUL WEBOPAC. Period of loan for a book will be 10 days for students, three months for teaching staff and 20 days for non-teaching staff. Period of loan can be renewed once more after the first period of loan. The request of renewal should be received in the library on or before the due date of return. Renewal will not be granted if the book is under reservation. The Librarian has the right to cut short the loan period if a book is of special demand. The Librarian has the right to recall any book on loan and cancel any reservation at any time. Reference Books and Periodicals are not issued.
- Reference Services
- Document Delivery Services
- Current Awareness Services
Circulation Counter – Issue and Return Section
Reference Section – Reference Books
Current Periodicals & Newspapers – Reference
Back Volumes of Periodicals – Reference
e- Resources – DELNET (Library Networking)
Library Working Hours [Monday – Saturday]
Working Hours – 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Rules and Regulations:
- Strict Silence to be maintained in the Library.
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library.
- Enter your names and signature in the Gate Register kept at the entrance counter before entering Library.
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library.
- Combined Study and Group Discussion are not allowed within the library.
- Using Cell phones and audio instruments with or without speakers or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- The books and other materials are checked before they are taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- When books are issued, students must have entered the details of the book in the Issue Register kept in the issue section. At the time of issue, students and staff should check the pages of the issue books and if any pages are found missing, they should report the same to the librarian before leaving the counter.
- Books will be issued to the members only on producing the Identity Card/Membership Card.
- Students can reserve books at the circulation counter in the case they are already issued. Books in demand may not be renewed.
- The Library may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Reference books, Periodicals, Magazines and Newspapers should not be taken outside the Library.
- Students and staff are required to handle books and reading materials very carefully. Marking library books with pencil or ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously.
- The College Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate will be issued to the student only after he/she has returned all the library books and cleared all library dues.
DELNET (Library Networking)
DELNET is Library Network is an interconnected platform of some group of libraries with certain agreements that aims to satisfy and fulfil their user’s need. Each library performs sharing of resources to each other on demand basis. It is providing access to the following facilities:
1.Inter Library Loan – 2,20,00,000 (Books)
2.E-Journals – 5000 full Text E-Journals
3.Thesis/Dissertations – 1,00,000
Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2433787, +91 9544327772 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For Admission please contact: Quick Facts © 2020 Saintgits Group of Institutions
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF APPLIED SCIENCES
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2433787, +91 9544327772
For Admission please contact:
© 2020 Saintgits Group of Institutions