Saintgits College of Engineering prides itself on its global education perspective that’s in harmony with the fast-changing scenario in technology. With a 1:10 teacher-student ratio, SEC’s top-quality faculty nurtures the students into young achievers with a wholesome set of values. The emphasis is not only on academic excellence but the development of the overall personality of a student. We take special care to ensure that new ideas are not merely discussed here but executed well, keeping us steadfast on the path of innovation.
Prof. Dr. M C Philipose
Associate Director (Academics)
Saintgits College of Engineering is ranked high among India’s leading educational institutions providing quality education to students from all strata of society. Our technology-driven pedagogical approach, delivered by well-qualified and dedicated faculty, ensures that the students who graduate from SCE are a class apart from the rest. The activities of various campus clubs and Nakshatra, the intercollege fest, ensure that the SCE family is dynamic and well versed in social and event management skills.
Our world-class infrastructure, facilities, social programmes and life skills education help the students to develop an open, enquiring mind. You will also find opportunities to take part in research that might result in new innovations, and work with faculty and students from great institutions overseas.
I welcome you to explore the endless learning possibilities with SEC, and build the firm foundation of a successful career.
Dr. M D Mathew
Welcome to Saintgits College of Engineering. The college is affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU). We offer B.Tech. Degree courses in (i) Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, (ii) Chemical Engineering, (iii) Civil Engineering, (iv) Computer Science and Engineering, (v) Electronics and Communication Engineering, (vi) Electrical and Electronics Engineering, (vii) Food Technology and (viii) Mechanical Engineering. M.Tech. Degree courses are offered in (i) Computer Science and Systems Engineering, (ii) Geomechanics and Structures, (iii) Machine Design, (iv) Power Systems, (v) Robotics and Automation vi) Structural Engineering and Construction Management, (vii) Telecommunications Engineering and (viii) VLSI and Embedded Systems. The college is a recognized Research Centre of KTU for carrying out research in engineering and technology areas leading to the award of the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D).
In a short span of 15 years since inception in the year 2002, Saintgits College of Engineering has emerged as one of the top five self-financing engineering colleges of Kerala. We are the only self-financing engineering college in Kerala which has five B.Tech. programmes accredited by the National Board of Accreditation.
At Saintgits College of Engineering, we remain focused on providing high-quality, innovative education in order to develop and realize the full potential of our students. We aim at holistic growth of the students and therefore, offer a variety of opportunities and experiences outside the University curriculum. In order to transform the student engineers to industry-ready practising professionals, we combine outcome-based learning with research, innovation, industry exposure and doing-engineering. Saintgits College of Engineering takes pride in its faculty which is highly qualified, competent and fully committed to the cause of developing the students into most successful engineers to face global challenges.
Dr. M.D. Mathew
Lt. Col. John Jacob
COO & Associate Provost
MESSAGE FROM CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER & ASSOCIATE PROVOST
1. Founders: SAINTGITS started its journey in 2002 with the opening up of self-financing education sector in Kerala. It was started by a group of highly educated, well respected, experienced and widely travelled personalities who have a high level of value systems and commitment to the society at large. They started this as a "Charitable Society" with the intention and vision of providing and bringing world class education to this part of the region.
2. Initial Phase: SAINTGITS College of Engineering (SCE), initially started with just three branches (Civil, Mechanical and Electrical) having only 180 students. Since then, the college has the august presence of highly esteemed teachers and guidance from educational gurus, to set its foundations well and deep-rooted.
3. Journey So Far:
(a) Engineering: With the great support and blessings of the satisfied students, parents, industry and blessings of almighty, the Institution has grown today to a level of having 3000 plus students with 1200 hostelries (both boys and girls). Today Engineering College has grown to have six sought after branches and six MTech courses to choose from.
(b) Management: In 2005, SAINTGITS stated its MBA (SAINTGITS Institute of Management - SIM) which offers specialization in HR, Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
(c) Applied Sciences: SAINTGITS College of Applied Sciences (SCAS) started in 2004 and today it is rated as one of the best and highly sought after institutions under Mahatma Gandhi University. College offer its students, the option of choosing BCom, MCom, BBA, BCA and BA (Corporate Economics - a special course offered only in SAINTGITS in Kerala, but is available in some of the elite group of colleges in different parts of India). (d) MCA: MCA started in 2004 and has both Regular and lateral courses with highly qualified faculties and well-equipped Infrastructure.
4. Cultural / Techno Cultural Festivals, All India Exhibitions, Showcasing Talents : SAINTGITS is very popular with its cultural festivals like "NAKSHATRA" Techno-cultural fest of Engineering College, "SAMYUKTHA" of MCA, "SIMTHESIS" of MBA and "GITSBLITZ" of Applied Sciences in which large number of students from across India participate. SAINTGITS is proud to conduct an all India Project Exhibition called "SRISHTI", which has grown to a stature of having participation from 17 states with registration of 1000 plus projects. SAINTGITS also has internal cultural festivals, separately for each institution, to showcase students talents.
5. Recognitions / Mile Stones: SAINTGITS is proud to be recognized by different agencies / achieved different milestones:
(a) Engineering College:
(aa) NBA certified BTech Courses in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Electrical & Communication and Computer Science and MCA (One among the two NBA accredited colleges in South India)
(ab) Institution of Engineers Accreditation.
(ac) ISO Certification
(ad) 57 University Ranks over the years
(aa) NBA Accredited
(ab) "2nd Best MBA Institute in Kerala 2013, 2014 & 2016 - By Hansa Week Survey
(ac) 43rd Best "B - School" in South India 2016 - By Hansa Week Survey
(ad) Gold Rated by AICTE - CII Survey 2015
(ae) A+++ Category B School by Business India Survey 2015
(c) Applied Sciences:
(aa) NAAC Accreditation
(ab) ISO Certification
(ab Ten University Ranks over the years
8. My Journey with SAINTGITS: I am an Alumni of "IIM Bangalore (Business Management)" and "NIT Nagpur (Civil Engineering). I also possess Masters in Personnel Management (Pune University) and Applied Psychology (Annamalai University). It is my privilege to be associated with SAINTGITS since 2013, after my stint with Entrepreneurial Venture, my Long Defence Service and Corporate life.
9. Commitment: SAINTGITS is committed to provide "Genuine Care" to students and to all its stakeholders and has been working continuously on improving its strong mentoring systems and other institutional systems and will continue to work relentlessly.
10. Gratitude: We are thankful to all Our Alumni, Students, Parents, Faculty, Staff, Industry, Well Wishers and People of Pathamuttom for their wholehearted support in taking SAINTGITS to the World's Educational Map and let us continue to strive hard to become one of the most sought-after institutions in the world.
Let God guide each one of us further through this journey.
With Best Wishes,
Lt Col John Jacob
Chief Operating Officer & Associate Provost
SAINTGITS Group of Institutions
Event & Activity
FDP on Machine Learning
Introduction to Machine...Read More
Graduation Day Ceremony of Saintgits Group of Professional...Read More
47th ISTE National Annual Convention
Facilitating the generation of employable graduates is one of the...Read More