Eligibility for Government Quota Admissions
Eligibility for admission to the B Tech, programme, admission policy and procedure shall be decided from time to time by following the guidelines issued by the Government of Kerala and the Government of India and other statutory body such as AICTE.
Admission to B Tech, shall be based on the guidelines given by the State and Central Governments on reservation. Candidates for admission to B Tech, programme shall have passed the Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or 12th Standard V.H.S.E., C.B.S.E., I.S.C or any other examination considered equivalent to the above mentioned ones. Other eligibility criteria for admission is currently prescribed by the Government of Kerala through Government orders which is basedon the entrance examination conducted by the Commission for Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala and the marks in the qualifying examination subject to the relaxations allowed for backward classes and other communities as specified from time to time.
Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% of marks in Mathematics separately, and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for Govt allotments.
Eligibility for Management Quota Admission
Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 45% of marks in Mathematics separately, and 45% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for Management seat allotments.
- He/She shall be qualified in Kerala Engineering Entrance Exam 2018 for all seats other than NRI Quota. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC (Socially and Educationally Backward Classes) with a total annual income not exceeding Rs 6 lakhs, will have a relaxation of 5% marks.
- Reservation of seats shall be as per rules prescribed in the relevant rules by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Kerala.
- 50% of the seats will be allotted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE), Government of Kerala.
Eligibility for NRI Quota Admissions
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM), put together are eligible for NRI Quota admission. However excellent marks for PCM in qualifying examination is desirable.
- KEAM (Kerala Entrance Exam ) rank is not mandatory to apply under this quota.
- An NRI can sponsor the children or dependents* and he/she will have to give an undertaking in the prescribed format. Also he should provide copy of Passport, copy of VISA and copy of Employment Certificate, all self-attested.
- For definition of dependents please refer to GO (MS) No. 243/2014/H&FWD dated 6.8.2014. As per this order, dependent is defined as ‘who depends upon his/her father/mother/brothers and sisters (inclusive of first cousins) husband/wife/brothers and sisters (inclusive of first cousins) of father or mother/half-brother/half-sister/adopted father or adopted mother working abroad’
Admission Procedure – Management Quota
Admission is strictly on the basis of merit. 50% of the total seats in B Tech Course are set apart for centralized allotment by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. 15% of seats within sanctioned intake is provided for NRI Category and given on the basis of marks obtained for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th Standard. For the remaining 35% seats rank list is prepared on basis of index marks obtained by combining the percentage marks of Mathematics and Physics at the Plus Two level and the percentage score obtained in the Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination with 75% and 25% weightage respectively. The marks obtained in the State Board/CBSE/ICSE for each subject are normalized with reference to the highest marks obtained by applicants from the respective Board. There is no capitation or any other monetary consideration for admission. We have not authorized any agent or agency for admission.
Merit list for the admission will be published in the website/College notice board. Selection will be in the order of Merit through Open Counseling for the seats set apart for candidates from Christian Community and for the candidates in the General Category. The date of counseling will be published in the website and college notice board. Individual intimation for the open counseling will not be sent to the applicant. Please see website for details regarding documents, D/D to be furnished at the time of counseling.
Admission Procedure – Government Quota
For getting allotment through Government Quota the students have to go through the centralized allotment process and enter their options in the Institution Code MGP on the date specified by Commissioner of Entrance Examination.
Candidates allotted in Saintgits College of Engineering through the Centralized Allotment process are requested to bring the following Documents/Payment at the time of joining the college on the dates notified by the Controller for Entrance Examination.
|Government Quota||Management Quota||NRI Quota|
|Tution Fee||Rs.50,000/- year||Rs.95,000/- year||Rs.1,50,000/ year|
|Special Fees||Rs.25,000/ year|
Includes Uniform, University Fees, Add on course Fees, Library Fees etc..
Please contact office for details
Documents to be furnished at the time of admission :- (For their later use, candidates are advised to take sufficient photo copies of certificates submitted.)
1. Admit card of Entrance Examination 2018
2. Print out of last Phase of Allotment Memo received from CEE Website. (Applicable for Govt. allotted candidates)
3. Fee receipt of Rs.10,000/- to Controller for Entrance Examination. (Applicable for Govt. allotted candidates)
4. Plus Two Exam Mark List and Pass Certificate (where applicable) in original
5. Tenth level Examination certificate in original for proof of age.
7. Transfer Certificate (TC) in original from the Institution last studied
8. Conduct certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied
9. Candidate Mark Data sheet of the Entrance Examination 2018
11. Four passport size (colour) photographs
12. Physical Fitness Certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner in the relevant format given in Annexure XVII (b)-Page 89 of the KEAM Prospectus 2016
13. Community and Income Certificate in original for candidates allotted by Commissioner for Entrance Examination in SC/ST/OEC categories
14. Fee to be paid by Demand Draft favouring SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING payable at Kottayam or Cash payments at SIB counter at the College Campus on the day of admission.
15. Additional one Photostat of 10th, 12th Mark list and Candidate CEE Mark Data sheet.
Documents kept by students for APJAKTU Website Uploading (in scanned format)
- Photo (JPEG Format) (Size: 170 X 150 pixels, Less than 35 KB)
- Signature (JPEG Format) (Size: 250 X 150 pixels, Less than 35 KB)
- 10th Mark list (PDF Format)
- 12th Mark list (PDF Format)
- Entrance Mark Data Sheet (PDF Format)
- NRI / PIO Documents (Applicable for students admitted under NRI / PIO Quota) (PDF Format)
- Caste, Income Certificate (Applicable for students admitted under SC/ST/OEC Quota) (PDF Format)
Saintgits scholarship scheme was introduced to address the issue of affordability of education for meritorious students. Scholarship worth Rs 2.75 Crores is distributed under this scheme. This is purely based on merit cum means.
The following are saintgits B. Tech. scholarships schemes for the year:
- Those who have secured 500 and above score in kerala entrance exam and admitted under management quota are eligible for Government Engineering colleges fee only.
- Scholarship of Rs.25,000/- per year for students scoring 80% and above aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for CBSE/ICSE and 85% and above marks for state board
- Scholarships of Rs.50,000/- per year for management quota students scoring more than 90% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for CBSE, ICSE and state board examinations
- Full Tution Fee waiver scholarship for Kerala Entrance Exam Rank upto 7500 and for students with 95% and above marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for CBSE . ICSE and state board.
- Merit-cum-means scholarship upto Rs.50,000/- in deserving cases.
Procedure: Duly filled in application in the prescribed form obtained from corporate office or downloaded from the link below, recommended by the Head of the institution and is to be submitted to our corporate office before the stipulated date. Intending applicants for engineering courses during particular academic year may apply and obtain provisional sanction which will become effective only after joining the respective institution.
Please click here to download B.TECH SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Please note, for continuation of scholarship in the remaining years of the course, the student should have passed all University Examinations in the first attempt itself.
Tuition Fee Waiver
Aim: AICTE has formulated this scheme to promote technical education for Economically backward , women, Physically handicapped, meritorious students in technical institutions.
Eligibility: Sons & daughters of parents whose annual income is less than Rs. 4.50 Lakhs from all sources are only be eligible for seats under this scheme. The waiver is limited to the tuition fee as approved by state level fee committee for self financing institutions. All other fee except tuition fee will have to be paid by the beneficiary.
Procedure: Under this scheme 5 % of the seats in each Branch of B Tech admissions shall be available for these admissions. The authority to effect these admissions is State Government/Controller for Entrance Examinations based on their Entrance Rank.
Under this scheme the beneficiary student shall not be allowed to change the institution/course in any circumstances.
Aim: The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
Eligibility: Students belongs to minority communities who got admission to the Professional college having not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level and Minority Students admitted on the basis of a competitive examination are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
30% scholarship will be reserved for girls of each minority community.
A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
Procedure: Applications in the prescribed format may be submitted to the Secretary of the, deptt. of the concerned State Govt/UT administration, dealing with minority welfare, through the institutions where the students are pursuing technical/professional courses. The student must submit their applications to the state which he/she belongs to and not to the state where the institution where he/she is studying, is located .The application has to be filled through online and furnish hard copy to state govt along with the required enclosures through the institution before the specified time. For more details visit the website www.momascholarship.gov.in
Aim: To provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families to meet day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Allocation of scholarships: The Ministry of Human Resources Development,department of Higher Education, Government of India has introduced a scholarship scheme titled “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students”. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the results of Senior Secondary Examination (class XII) of 10+2 pattern or equivalent.82000 fresh scholarships per annum (41000 for boys and 41000 for girls) will be awarded for graduate / postgraduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses such as Medical, Engineering etc. The total number of scholarships will be divided amongst the State Boards based on the State’s population in the age group of 18-25 years, after segregating share of CBSE and ICSE on the basis of number of students passing out from various Boards in the country. Within the specified quota, the selection shall be made on merit.
Eligibility: Students securing a minimum of 80% of marks in class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent and not availing of any other scholarship scheme, would be eligible for consideration this Scheme. Parental income (Both Father and Mother) should not exceed Rs. 4 1/2 lakhs per annum.
The scholarship once awarded will continue and it will be renewed from year to year till the completion of the course for which the award has been made. The renewal will depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 60% or more marks in aggregate in the semester/annual examination which determines his promotion to the next class. It will also be subject to discipline and maintenance of attendance by the scholar. Complaints against these scholars regarding indiscipline including any complaints of having indulged in ragging would lead to forfeiture of scholarship.
How to Apply : The detailed guidelines along with the application form regarding “Scheme of Scholarship” and “Instructions for CBSE Candidates” of this scholarship scheme may be seen in the Board’s website www.cbse.nic.in
The detailed guidelines and “Instructions for HSE Candidates of Kerala ” of this scholarship scheme may be seen in the website http://dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in
Rate of Scholarship: Rs.1000/- per month for the first three years (Subject toa Maximum of Rs. 10,000/- for an academic year) and Rs. 2000/- per month for the 4th and 5th years of study (Subject to a maximum of Rs. 20,000/- for an academic year).
Payment of Scholarship: Scholarship will be paid to the selected students directly by the Central Government through a Bank Account opened by them for the purpose in a designated Bank.
For Admission and further information
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
III Floor, Unity Buildings
K K Road, Kottayam 686 002
Tel/Fax +91 481 2584330, +91 481 2300365