Civil Engineering Department
Department of Civil Engineering was established way back in 2004 when only few colleges were offering Civil Engineering. We offer three programmes, one bachelor and two sought-after masters programmes, affiliated to Kerala Technological University (KTU) and APJ Abdulkalam Technological University B Tech Civil Engineering programme offered by Department is accredited by NBA (National Board of Accreditations) as a recognition of the continuous efforts of Department towards maintaining quality standards in education. Department is one among the only six in Kerala that offers NBA accredited B Tech programme in Civil Engineering. Additionally, accreditation by the Institution of Engineers (India) is an acknowledgment of our commitment to keeping high professional standards in education.
On behalf of my entire Department, I welcome you to the Department of Civil Engineering. We are one among the only six engineering colleges that offers NBA accredited bachelor’s programme in Civil Engineering. The programme is also accredited by Institute of Engineers India and certified by ISO 9002:2001.
We focus to blend academics with research and innovation. We maintain active research groups in Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Water resources Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Engineering. This research culture that we maintain has always inspired many of our students who could embrace higher studies in premier institutes of the world.
Qualities of team work and professional ethics are introduced to students by various activities conducted by Professional body chapters ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education), ICI (Indian Concrete Institute), IE (Institute of Engineers) and Association of Civil Engineering Students (ACES). We ensure personalised mentoring of students. I am supported by a group of well experienced faculty, who cares and guides our students. Each student is assigned with a faculty mentor who guides and cares the student from his time of inception to graduation.
Right from the beginning, we were leaping forward and within these 15 years, the department has grown to a large tree with about 450 on campus undergraduate students, about 100 postgraduate students, 40 faculty, more than fifty thousand square feet of built up area with smart class rooms, Well equipped labs, 2 research labs, more than 50 research publications per year and well placed alumni serving the society.
Dr Reebu Zachariah Koshy
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Er Jithin K Andrews and Dr Reebu Z Koshy – “Distress identification and estimation in flexible pavements using image processing” funded by CERD 2018
- Alen Mathew, Amal Chandra, Alfy Ann Joseph, Anagha V (S7 CE students) and Er Jithin K Andrews – “Automated Pothole Sealer” funded by CERD 2018
- Er Milu Mary Jacob- “Structural response of composite metal deck and concrete filled slabs at floor diaphragms and shear walls: An experimental study” funded by CERD, 2017
- Er Hari G and Er Arun G Sankar – “Design of a low-cost rainwater Harvesting storage tank in a wetland region” Obama Singh Initiative 21st Century Knowledge Initiative.
- Er Cherian C K – “Impact of pedestrian skywalk in Kottayam” funded by CERD (2017)
- Er Vivek Philip- “Study of partial replacement of concrete of slab by bubbles” funded by CERD (2017)
Dr Reebu Zachariah Koshy
Professor & HOD
Department of Civil Engineering
Ph: +91 481 2436169 ext 301, mob: +91 9847875555