Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering Department
Instrumentation Engineers Techno Innovative Association (INERTIA)
To mould eminent instrument engineers with creative minds, innovative ideas and practical skills, the Department founded its own association in 2009, Instrumentation Engineers Techno-Innovative Association (INERTIA). INERTIA mitigates inaction and dormancy, provides ample momentum to the students of the department to subjugate all their technical hardships. Since its inception in 2009, it has hosted a number of events-providing budding engineers from various colleges, a platform for honing their technical as well as cultural skills. INERTIA has outstretched its arms by bringing the student chapters of International Society of Automation (ISA) and Instrument Society of India (ISoI) to Saintgits.
Inertia under the banner of ISA and ISOI presents the majestic ‘SFERICS’ – a national level technical symposium. It provides a platform for instrumentation engineers to display their academic, practical, and extra-curricular qualities.
The industrial collaborations of the department mainly focus on the development of students through practical exposure to industry-oriented activities.
On-Going Activities of Industry – Institute cell
- LabVIEW Academy laboratory by National Instruments: Funded laboratory by National Instruments with licensed LabVIEW software and hardware. This laboratory helps students to prepare for CLAD exams which are conducting by the National Instruments
- FAB Lab by Kerala Technological University: A Fabrication Laboratory (FabLab) is a technical prototyping platform for innovation and invention which aims at providing stimulus for local entrepreneurship and serves as a platform for learning and innovation.
- Industrial Visits and Industrial Training programs to various core industries in India: For every semester the department organizes industrial visits to various industries.
- Interaction programs with industrial persons: Interaction with people from different industries help students to know current industrial scenarios.
- Alumni-Academic Interactions: Department provides time for students to interact with the alumni, those who are placed in the core industrial areas.
CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMMES
With the rapid pace of growth in science & technology Continuing Education for working professionals as well as students is a vital need. The Continuing Education Programme has been set up to meet the training and knowledge up gradation. It widens their knowledge and improves the skills. We make them globally competitive and be at the cutting edge of technology by providing training and expertise in critical areas.
List of continuing education programmes offered by the department
1. LabVIEW For Engineering Applications
Objective: To train the participants how to develop basic applications in the LabVIEW graphical programming environment, to create applications using a state machine design pattern, to create LabVIEW programs for data acquisition and control.
Contents: LabVIEW Environment, creating, editing and debugging virtual instruments, grouping data, plotting, data logging, iterative data transfer, data acquisition and control, image acquisition, Sensor and actuator interface.
2. Programmable Logic Controllers
Objective: To provide fundamental knowledge of the operations and functions of programmable logic controllers and the interfacing concepts for industrial applications.
Contents: Different PLC Brand software and Hardware Introduction, Programming Instructions, HMI/MMI introduction, Screen development and data configuration, PLC interfacing.
3. MATLAB for Engineering Design
Objective: This course provides an aggressively gentle introduction to MATLAB. It is designed to give students fluency in MATLAB, including popular toolboxes. The course consists of interactive lectures with students doing sample MATLAB problems in real time. Problem-based MATLAB assignments are given which require significant time on MATLAB.
Contents: Variables, scripts, and operations, Visualization and programming, Solving equations and curve fitting, Advanced methods, Symbolics, Simulink, file I/O, building GUIs
4. The IoT (Internet of Things)
Objective: This course gives an introduction to Internet of Things. The course is designed as hands-on training on Arduino Uno board. By attending the course, students will get familiar with the working, ports and tools used in it.
Contents: Obstacle Detection using IR and Ultrasonic Sensors, Automatic Street light using LDR, using the Android app to control devices
Our students are trained in different industries to expose them to the actual working environment and enhance their knowledge and skill from what they have learned in the college. The industries providing training for our students are:
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Cochin Shipyard Ltd
- O/E/N India Limited
- Robert Bosch
- Kerala Minerals and Metals Ltd (KMML)
- Instrumentation Ltd
- Fluid Control Research Institute (FCRI)
- National Instruments (NI)
- Travancore Cements Ltd
- NTPC Kayamkulam
- Prudent Solutions
- Clarion Engineering & Steel Works LLC
- Rana Sugars Ltd
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170 Email: email@example.com For Admission please contact: Quick Facts © 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170
For Admission please contact:
© 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions