Chemical Engineering Department
B TECH IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
It is the branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and operation of systems and plants that deal with mainly chemical reactions to solve practical problems or make useful products. The range of chemical engineering is evident since its principles are involved in the operation of large chemical refineries to artificial organs of the human body.
Chemical Engineering today occupies a unique position at the interface between Molecular Sciences and Engineering. With exposure to the fundamental science subjects, Chemical Engineers are able to work in close collaboration with fellow engineering disciplines like Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Civil engineering — Chemical engineering offers unmatched opportunities to do great things.
MAKE IN INDIA initiative of Government of India will contribute greatly to the Oil & Gas sector which is expected to enhance India’s Refining capacity to reach 256.55 MMTPA by 2019-20 after completion of projects undertaken by a number of refineries which are currently under various stages of implementation. With the current growth rate of 14% the specialty chemical production sector will be the shining star in the anticipated FDI opportunities in the coming years. Opportunities and prospects in Nanotechnology research coupled with energy infrastructure establishment over the globe indicate great future for chemical engineering graduates over the Globe.
What Do Chemical Engineers Do?
“Lead Society: American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)”
- Chemical Engineers improve food processing techniques, and methods of producing fertilizers, to increase the quantity and quality of available food.
- Chemical Engineers construct the synthetic fibres that make our clothes more comfortable and water resistant; they develop methods to mass-produce drugs, making them more affordable;
- Chemical Engineers create safer, more efficient methods of refining petroleum products, making energy and chemical sources more productive and cost effective.
- Chemical Engineers develop solutions to environmental problems, such as pollution control and remediation.
- Chemical Engineers process chemicals, which are used to make or improve just about everything you see around you.
- Chemical engineers face many of the same challenges that other professionals face, and they meet these challenges by applying their technical knowledge, communication and teamwork skills; the most up-to-date practices available; and hard work.
- Chemical Engineers sometimes are called “Universal engineers” in view of the broad spectrum of areas in which they contribute.
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170 Email: email@example.com For Admission please contact: Quick Facts
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170
For Admission please contact: