Food Technology Department
Appert Lecture Series
- A flagship program of FT department inaugurated in the year 2018 by Sri. M G Rajamanickam IAS, Former Food Safety Commissioner. The objective of the appert lecture series is to provide a platform to interact, and exchange findings and views between academicians, researchers, and entrepreneurs with our students.
- Central Farm Bill and It’s Impact On Food Processing Sector – Prof. Dr. P Sudheer Babu, Dean, College of Dairy Science and Technology, Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Mannuthy, Thrissur.
- Hurdle Technology in Food Processing- Prof.Dr.Mohammad Shafiur Rahman,College of agricultural and marine sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, Sultanate of Oman.Oman.
- Importance of Shelf Life Study in Food Products – Dr.Baby K.C,Vice president CVJ Creative Centre,Synthite industries Pvt.Ltd ,Ernakulam ,Kerala
Faculty Development Programmes (FDP)
Five-day online faculty development program on “Recent Trends and Developments in Food Technology” from 10 to 14 August 2020 was organized by Department of Food Technology, Saintgits College of Engineering in association with Association of Food Scientists & Technologists (India), Cochin chapter. AFSTI extended a liberal grant INR 20, 500 and over the course of these five days, we had the honour of hosting 10 renowned keynote speakers from various fields of interest speaking on the following subject.
Dr. T.K. Srinivasa Gopal (Former Director, ICAR-CIFT, Cochin)- Recent Developments in Different Systems of Food Packaging, Dr. Satish Chandra Kushwaha (Centre for Food Research and Analysis, NIFTEM, Haryana)- Current Scenario and Challenges in Food Analysis, Mr. Sanjay Dave (Former Chairperson, Codex Alimentarius Commission and Advisor to FSSAI)-Introduction to CODEX, Dr. Dadasaheb D. Wadikar (Scientist & Head GST, Division DFRL and Former Honorary Secretary-AFSTi)- Developments in Food Processing, Dr. V R Sinija (Professor and Head, Food Processing Business Incubation Centre, IIFPT, Tanjore) – Tanjo Scope and Opportunities in Micro Food Processing Enterprises, Dr. Sanu Jacob (Director, FSSAI, Govt. of India)- Developments in Post-Harvest Technology of Fruits and Vegetables , Dr. M. S. Sajeev (Principal, Scientist and Head, CTCRI, Trivandrum)- Novel Technologies for Processing and Value Addition in Tuber Crops and way forward for Rural Agri Entrepreneurship, Ms. Sivapriya Balagopal (Head-Product Development, R&D, Eastern Condiments Pvt. Ltd.)-Current Trends in Innovation in Food Industry ,Prof. (Dr.) D. D Nambudiri (Adjunct Professor KUFOS)-Recent Advancements in Food Flavours and Colours , Dr. K Ashok Kumar Fl (Principal Scientist and Head, ICAR-CIFT, Cochin)-Food Safety and Quality.
- Alina Mary Kuruvila, Ann Maria Johny, Aravind Biju, Emlyn Susan Alexander and Reeba Jacob of S4 participated in ‘Reboot Kerala Hackathon’ on theme ‘Food’ conducted by Government of Kerala in association with ASAP on 28, 29 February and 1 March 2020.
- Vivek Biju Varghese of S6 bagged 3 rd prize in pencil drawing DAKSHA 2020 at CEP, Poonjar.
- Vivek Biju Varghese and Tony Thomas of S6 won first prize in ‘Cryptics’ (quiz) at PRATITYA 2020.
- Sandra Mohan of S6 and Ann Jospeh of S2 were part of the KTU C Zone table tennis team who were first runners-up.
- Ansu Mary Varghese, Minsu Mary Varghese, Naeema Basheer, Mariya Mathew of S6 and Sneha Karayil Santhosh of S4 were a part of the winning team of KTU C Zone chess championship (women).
- Gowripriya Madhusoodhanan, Neha Haris, Rajendhu I , Megha Raj Jayarajan and RS Akhila Rajan of S4 won first Prize for Food Adulteration Competition organized by Sri Sakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore on 7th February 2020.
- Diya Sarah Paul of S4 secured third place for Theme show conducted during ‘RASAM’, Cultural fest organized by Providence College of Engineering, Chengannur on 7 th and 8 th February 2020
- Avanthika V of S4 secured second prize for Face Painting Competition organized as part of RAGAM, cultural fest organized by NIT, Calicut on 12 th January 2020
- Ann Maria Johny, Avanthika V and Joyal Jose of S4 secured third position for basketball competition during Vidyut Sports and Cultural Fest organized by Amrita School of Engineering, Kollam during 24 th to 27 th January 2020.
- Ann Maria Johny , Avanthika V Sheethal P. Sethu and Joyal Jose of S4 and Haritha K V of S2 secured Second Position for C zone women basketball Tournament held at Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kottayam on 02.10.2019.
- Ann Maria Johny, Avanthika V, Emlyn Susan Alexander, Joyal Jose and Reeba Jacob of S4 secured First Position in Kabadi C zone championship organized by KTU at St.Joseph’s College of Engineering, Pala on13 th October 2019.
- Abitha Baby, Parvathi, Riya K Biju ad Urmi B of S2 secured runner up position for KTU C zone competition.
- Haniel Boby of S2 secured 1 st place for rock bank at KE college, Mannanam and second prize at Providence college of engineering, Alappuzha.
- 38 students from the Department have completed NPTEL courses in the last academic year.
- Dr. Girlal M published a research article on Metal nanoparticles induced stress physiology analysis on freshwater fish and plant system. Journal of Nutrition and Obesity. 2019; 2(1): 63. Doi: 10.18875/2639-1252.C2.2019.
- Dr. Girilal M is Invited as speaker at National Conference in ‘Exploring Bionanoscience in Pharma, Agri, Food Science and Industrial Microbiology’ at Centre for Bio science and Nano science Research, Coimbatore during 30 and 31 st August 2019.
- Dr. Girilal M is Invited as speaker for SCON ‘Food Science Conference 2019:International Conference on Food Science, Nutrition and Public Health’ held during June 27th and 28th 2019 at Singapore.
- Dr. Elsa Cherian published a research article on Production of biodiesel from pork fat using alumina-doped calcium oxide nanocomposite as heterogeneous catalyst. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects (2019). DOI: 10.1080/15567036.2019.1637971.
- Dr. Elsa Cherian published a book chapter on Immobilized Biocatalysts in Bioethanol Production: Scale-up Opportunities for Commercialization" was published in Horizons in Bioprocess Engineering, R.Pokagu(ed) by Springer Nature Switzerland. 2019. 241-262.
- Dr. Elsa Cherian published a book chapter on Biofuel Production from Agricultural Waste—An Economical Approach.2020. Alternative Fuels and Their Utilization Strategies in Internal Combustion Engines. 65-80. Springer, Singapore
- Dr. Lakshmi Mohan awarded PhD from National Institute of Technology Calicut, Kerala for the thesis titled, “Studies on the anticancer activities of selected traditional medicinal plants with a detailed cytotoxic mechanism of indirubin” on September 29, 2019.
- Er. Sony George College coordinated for the Reboot Kerala Hackathon conducted by Government of Kerala in association with ASAP,2019-2020 in the college level.
- Er. Sony George presented a paper on ‘Standardization of physical, chemical and organoleptic properties of an extruded crunch from Fenneropenaeus indicus (shrimp)’ at the International Conference on Sustainable Development, which will be held during 18- 20 December 2019 at Kalasalingam Global Conference organized by Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Foundation
- Dr. Lakhmi Mohan and Dr. Elsa Cherian participated “International Lecture on Cell Cycle and Cell Death” on the 10th and 11th of October,2019 organized by EMBO at MACFAST, Thiruvalla.
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170 Email: email@example.com For Admission please contact: Quick Facts © 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170
For Admission please contact:
© 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions