Faculty development programme by Fr. Cyriac Kottayarukil held on April. 4, 2019 at Saintgits Institute of Management.
Congratulations! Saintgits SAE BAJA team wins 1st prize of Rs. 60,000/- in the Rock Crawl competition held at IIT Ropar.
Dr Girilal M
Designation: Asst Professor Sr
Education: M.Sc, Ph. D
Teaching : 2 years
Research : 5 years
Industry : 2 years
Ph.D : Bionanotechnology
- M. Girilal, A. Mohammed Fayaz, L. K. Elumalai, A. Sathiyaseelan, J. Gandhiyappan and P. T. Kalaichelvan. (2018). Comparative stress physiology analysis of biologically and chemically synthesized silver nanoparticles on Solanum lycopersicumL. Colloid and Interface Science Communications. 24, 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colcom. 2018.02.005.
- Girilal. M, A. Mohammed Fayaz, Somasunder SS and P. T. Kalaichelvan. (2017) ‘A comparative in-vitro cytotoxicity study of biogenic and chemically synthesized metal (Ag and Au) nanoparticles’ in Advances in Biotechnology, Chapter 5, Vol 1 Wilmington, DE, USA. 1-16. ISBN: 978-81-935757-0-3.
- Alan Thomas S, Misha N and Girilal M(2017) ‘Synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles from the leaf extract of Epipremnum aureum (Linden & Andre) G. S Bunting and antibacterial activity of AgNPs treated polypropylene sheets’ in Plant Science technology for Sustainable Development (Eds) S.K Jain and Sons, 1-9. ISBN: 978-93-82845-00-3.
- A. Sathiyaseelan, A. Shajahan, M. Girilal, R. Ramachandran, V. Kaviyarasan, P. T. Kalaichelvan (2017). Synthesis, characterization and biological applications of mycosynthesized silver nanoparticles. 3 Biotech. 7: 333. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205-017-0961-9. Impact factor – 1.5.
- Alan Thomas and Girilal M. (2016) Synthesis and optimization of silver nanoparticles from leaf extract of Merremia vitifolia Hallier f. Proceedings of National Seminar on Plant Science Technology for Sustainable World. (Eds) NIPST, 15-18. ISBN: 978-81-930000-8-3.
- M. Girilal, V. Krishnakumar, P. Poornima, A. Mohammed Fayaz and P. T. Kalaichelvan. (2015) A comparative study on biologically and chemically synthesized silver nanoparticles induced heat shock proteins on fresh water fish Oreochromis niloticus. Chemosphere.139, 461-468. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2015.08.005. Impact factor – 4.43.
- M. Girilal, Abraham Varghese, V. Krishnakumar, and P. T. Kalaichelvan. (2015) Adsorption of textile dyes using biogenic silver nanoparticles modified yeast cells. ENVIS Newsletter. 13(2), 1-5.
- Rajarathinam Manjumeena, Dhanapal Duraibabu, M. Girilal, Joseph Sudha, P. T Kalaichelvan. (2014) Imparting potential antibacterial and antifungal activities to water based interior paint using nanoparticles of silver as an additive- An ecofriendly approach. Advanced Science Engineering and Medicine. 6(6), 676-682. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1166/asem.2014.1550.
- M. Girilal, A. Mohammed Fayaz, P. Mohan Balaji and P. T. Kalaichelvan (2013) Augmentation of PCR efficiency using highly thermostable gold nanoparticles synthesised from a thermophilic bacterium, Geobacillus stearothermophilus. Colloids and Surface B: Biointerface. 106, 165 – 169. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2012. 12.038. Impact factor – 3.89.
- R. Manjumeena, M. Girilal, P. Mahesh, P. T. Kalaichelvan. (2013) Augmenting potential antifungal activity of Gandhaka rasayana (A sidhha compound) using green synthesized silver nanoparticles from Couroupita guianensis leaf extract against selected pathogenic strains. Int. Res. J. Pharm. 4(6), 234- 239. Doi: 10.7897/2230-8407.04653.
- A. Mohammed Fayaz, Z. Ao, M. Girilal, L. Chen, X. Xiao, P.T. Kalaichelvan, X. Yao. (2012) Inactivation of microbial infectiousness by silver nanoparticles-coated condom: A new approach to inhibit HIV- and HSV- transmitted infection. International Journal of Nanomedicine 2012:7, 5007–5018. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S34973. Impact factor – 4.38.
- A. Mohammed Fayaz, M. Girilal, R. Venkatesan and P. T. Kalaichelvan. (2011) Biosynthesis of anisotropic gold nanoparticles using Madhuca longifolia extract and their potential in infrared absorption. Colloids and Surface B: Biointerface. 88, 287–291. DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2011.07. 003. Impact factor – 3.89.
- A. Mohammed Fayaz, M. Girilal, Mashihur Rahman, R. Venkatesan and P. T. Kalaichelvan.(2011) Biosynthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles using thermophilic bacterium Geobacillus stearothermophilus. Process Biochemistry. 46, 1958–1962. DOI: 10.1016/j.procbio.2011.07. 003. Impact factor – 2.62.
- A Mohammed Fayaz, M. Girilal, Saba. A. Mahdy, S. S. Somsundar, R. Venkatesan and P. T. Kalaichelvan. (2011) Vancomycin bound biogenic gold nanoparticles: A different perspective for development of anti VRSA agents. Process biochemistry. 46, 636–641. DOI: 10.1016/j.procbio. 2010.11.001. Impact factor – 2.62.
- Thiagarajan V, R. Revathi, K. Aparanjini, P. Sivamani, M. Girilal, C. S. Priya and P. T. Kalaichelvan. (2011) Extra cellular chitinase production by Streptomyces sp. PTK19 in submerged fermentation and its lytic activity on Fusarium oxysporum PTK2 cell wall. Int J Curr Sci. 1, 30-44.
- A. Mohamed Fayaz, K. Balaji, M Girilal, Ruchi Yadav, P.T. Kalaichelvan and R. Venkatasen (2010). Biogenic synthesis of silver nanoparticles and their synergistic effect with antibiotics: A study against Gram-positive and Gram- negative bacteria. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, biology and medicine. 6, 1, 103-109. DOI: 10.1016/j.nano.2009.04.006. Impact factor- 6.5.
- A. Mohammed Fayaz, K. Balaji, M Girilal, P. T. Kalaichelvan and R. Venkatesan. (2009) Mycobased synthesis of silver nanoparticles and their incorporation into sodium alginate films for vegetable and fruit preservation. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. 57, 6246–6252. DOI: 10.1021/jf900337h.Impact factor – 3.41.
- Consultant at Moon Food, Vinzi Sperri, Tamilnadu
- Enzyme technology
- UGC Research Fellowship in Science for Meritorious Students
- Member, Board of Studies in Microbiology, St. Berchmans College, Changanacherry, Kerala
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Bacteria Research, Verizona publishers, London and Journal of Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine Research, Chicago
- Aggregate impact factor – 33.1; Total citations – 1294; H index – 8
- Article featured in Science Direct top 25 lists in the year 2014.
- Won Third position in State level competition ‘Yuva Master Mind’ in the year 2014 for guiding a project on ‘Waste degradation and Microbial Fuel cells’