Dr Jacob T Varghese
JACOB T VARGHESE
Designation: Professor and Head, Mechanical Engineering.
Education: B.E, M Tech, Ph.D
Teaching : 22+ years
Industry : 1.5 years
Research: Since 2009
UG : Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Industrial and Production Engineering, Department of Mechanical and IP Engineering, Mangalore University, Mangalore.
PG : Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Manufacturing Technology, Department of Mechanical Engineering. REC-Calicut, (NITC), Calicut.
PhD: Mass and Energy transfer in high rise Green facade structures, School of Mechanical Engineering, VIT University, Vellore.
- International Journals (Research Interest)
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese et.al (2020). The projected deposition and removal of particulate matter by green facade drapes: a case study at SAINTGITS, IOP Science: Earth and Environmental Science, Vol. 489 (2020) 012034. doi:10.1088/1755-1315/489/1/012034
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese, Sajan Thomas and Joselin Herbert (2019). A sustainable green facade retrofit for an iconic built structure: a case study at Saintgits; Springer Singapore, ISBN 978-981-13-9748-6, pp 419 – 432; doi: 10.1007/978-981-13-9749-3.
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese, Sajan Thomas and Joselin Herbert (2019); Energy Analyses and Projected Attributes of Sustainable Retrofits: a case Study at Saintgits; IEEE Xplore doi: 10.1109/R10-HTC.2018.8629844.
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese et.al (2018). Turbulent mixing and generation of short lived climate forcers from an Asian Mega City: The Soot and Black Carbon Conundrum, Book of Abstracts – Cambridge Particle Meeting 2018; (University of Cambridge, United Kingdom)
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese et.al (2018). The Projected Thermal Attributes and Energy Saving Potential of Green Facade Draped Multi-Storied Cuboid Buildings At Major Indian Cities: An Ecotect Analysis, World Journal of Modelling and Simulation, Vol. 14 (2018) No. 1, pp. 12-20.
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese and Sat Ghosh (2016). Trace species and air pollutant transport in Green Facades: A Vernonia elaeagnifolia case study for a built environment, Frontiers in Heat and Mass transfer (FHMT) 7, 34, pp. 1 7.
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese et. al (2015), Evaluating the cleansing efficiency of an extended living facade draped with Vernonia elaeagnifolia. Journal of Green Building, Vol 10(2), pp. 157 177.
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese, Balamuralikrishna, C and Sat Ghosh (2011), Role of green facades in creating sustainable environments: Comparing chemical analyses and SEM images to quantify the atmospheric cleansing by green creepers, PIC- Ecosystem Conservation and Sustainable Development, Vol. 77, pp. 1320-1323.
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese, Balamuralikrishna, C and Sat Ghosh (2010), Use of green facades in sustainable building environments: Quantifying the uptake rates of air pollutants by facades draped with tropical creepers, PIC-Sustainable Built Environments, Vol. 1, pp. 363 372.
- International Journals (Teaching Interest)
- Venkateshwaralu, B and Jacob Thottathil Varghese (2020). Effect of Critical Plasma Spray Parameter on the Characteristics of Nano-structured Alumina-Titania Coatings, Elsevier: Materials Today Proceedings; Volume 22, Part 4, Pages 3364-3371.
- Sandeep Sarma K.L.N., Krishna Vamsi S, Jacob Thottathil Varghese and Venkateshwaralu, B. (2018). Design and flow analysis of a 2MW wind turbine, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Vol 9(7), pp. 1143 1151.
- Sandeep Sarma K.L.N., Venkateshwaralu, B. and Jacob Thottathil Varghese (2017). Analysis of stress distribution on different sections under different loading and machining conditions, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Vol 8(7), pp. 897 908.
Publications under review
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese and Sharun, P.B. Experimental and FEM analysis of machining induced residual stresses in aerospace metals, Production Engineering (Under review: status updated as on 1st Feb 2021).
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese et.al. Nano Enhanced PCM for Thermal Comfort in Riding Helmets, Energy, Ecology and Environment (Under review: status updated as on 1st Feb 2021).
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese et.al. Airborne acoustic transmission and terrain topography at Saintgits amphitheatre: an analyses of outdoor auditory perception and comparison of contour plots (Under review: status updated as on 1st Feb 2021).
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese et.al. Terrain dependent vehicular emission and projected removal of soot and black carbon by sustainable green drapes: a theoretical case study of a prominent road route to Saintgits
Books and book chapters
- Jacob T. Varghese, Mass and energy transfer process in high rise green facade structures, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Berlin, Germany. ISSN – 9783659519949
International Conference attended abroad
- 15th International Conference on Atmospheric Sciences and Applications to Air Quality (ASAAQ-15), 28th-30th of October 2019, organized by the University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus, co-organized by the Universiti Teknologi MARA and National University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 9th International Conference on Sustainable Built Environment (ICSBE 2018), University of Peradeniya, 13th-15th of December 2018, Kandy, Colombo
- IEEE Region 10 Humanitarian Technology Conference 2018 – Sustainable Technologies for Humanity (6th IEEE-R10HTC), 6th-8th of December 2018, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Malabe Colombo.
- Cambridge Particle Meeting 2018, University of Cambridge, June 2018, University of Cambridge, Department of Engineering, Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1PZ, UK; 15th June 2018
- International Conference on Ecosystem Conservation and Sustainable Development (ICESCSD-2011), 24th-26th of June 2011, Paris, France.
- International Conference on Sustainable Built Environment (ICSBE 2010), University of Peradeniya, 10th-15th of December 2010, Kandy, Colombo
R & D Projects and Grants:
- Project title: Energy Efficient Green Structures”; Amount sanctioned: Rs. 1.25 Lakhs. Sanctioning authority: Centre for Engineering Research and Development under the Research Seed Money scheme (CERD-RSM 2018 No. ME02 KTU/Research 2/3894/2018) of A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala State, India
Professional Society Membership
- ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ASA – Acoustical Society of America
- ASHRAE – American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and AC Engineers
- SAEINDIA – Society of Automotive Engineers – India
- IAENG – International Association of Engineers
- ISTE – Indian Society for Technical Education
- Mass and energy transfer in high rise green structures – including (a) the modelling and simulation of indoor thermal attributes using CFD and (b) acoustic analyses, Sustainable Engineering initiatives for absorbing hazardous emissions from line sources (vehicular traffic), Energy efficient Green HVAC using sustainable Green Facades (novel technology)
- Production and manufacturing (including metrology), Industrial process planning and optimization, Fluid mechanics, Aerodynamics (particularly aerofoils in aerodynamic structures), Architectural Acoustics, Sustainable Energy Processes, Basic courses in Engineering
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170 Email: email@example.com For Admission please contact: Quick Facts © 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170
For Admission please contact:
© 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions