Dr Jacob T Varghese
Designation : Professor & HOD
Education : B.E, M.Tech, Ph.D
Professional Experience :
Teaching : 18 Years
Research : 8 Years
Industry : 2 years (Reliance Refinery, Jamnagar, Gujarat)
UG : B.E (Industrial and Production Engineering, Mangalore University)
PG : M.Tech (Manufacturing Technology, NIT, Calicut)
Ph.D : Mass and Energy transfer in high rise green structures (VIT University)
Industrial Experience :
2 years (Reliance Refinery, Jamnagar, Gujarat)
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese et.al (2017). The projected thermal attributes and energy saving potential of Green Façade draped multi-storied cuboid buildings at major Indian cities: an Ecotect analysis, World Journal of Modelling and Simulation (In press: status updated as on July 2017).
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese and Sat Ghosh (2016). Trace species and air pollutant transport in Green Facades: A Vernoniaelaeagnifolia case study for a built environment, Frontiers in Heat and Mass transfer (FHMT) 7, 34, pp. 1 – 7.
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese et. al (2015), Evaluating the cleansing efficiency of an extended living façade draped with Vernoniaelaeagnifolia. Journal of Green Building, V10 (2), pp. 157 – 177
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese, Balamuralikrishna, C and Sat Ghosh (2011 – PIC Paris, France), Role of green facades in creating sustainable environments: Comparing chemical analyses and SEM images to quantify the atmospheric cleansing by green creepers,Ecosystem Conservation and Sustainable Development, Vol. 77, pp. 1320-1323
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese, Balamuralikrishna, C and Sat Ghosh(2010 – PIC Kandy, Colombo), Use of green facades in sustainable building environments: Quantifying the uptake rates of air pollutants by facades draped with tropical creepers, Sustainable Built Environments, Vol. 1, pp. 363 – 372.
Publications under review :
- Jacob Thottathil Varghese and Sharun, P.B. Experimental and FEM analysis of machining induced residual stresses in aerospace metals, Production Engineering (Under review: status updated as on July 2017).
- Venkateshwaralu, B and Jacob Thottathil Varghese. Effect of critical plasma spray parameters on the characteristics of nanostructured Alumina Titanium coating, Materials Today (Under review: status updated as on July 2017)
- Played a lead in conducting QCMs for the coveted ABET and NAAC re-accreditation process at VIT University.
- Global Congress in Manufacturing Management – a biennial conference organized at different countries by VIT University and Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- International Conference on Materials Manufacturing and Modelling – an yearly conference organized by the School of Mechanical Engineering, VIT University and State University of New York, Binghamton, United States in association with American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), VIT University.
ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers;
ASA – Acoustical Society of America;
SAEINDIA – Society of Automotive Engineers India;
IEEE-EdSoc – IEEE Education Society;
IAENG – International Association of Engineers;
ISTE – Indian Society for Technical Education;
Manuscript editor (Technical) to the Principal Investigators of DST-SERB and FIST projects.
- Mass and energy transfer in high rise green structures – including (a) the modelling and simulation of indoor thermal attributes using CFD and (b) acoustic analyses.
- Sustainable Engineering initiatives for absorbing hazardous emissions from line sources (vehicular traffic)
- Energy efficient Green HVAC using sustainable Green Façades (novel technology)
- Production and manufacturing (including metrology)
- Industrial process planning and optimization
- Honours in Master of Technology from NITC
- Collaboration with peer research communitiesat Indian and Foreign Universities.
- Ex-officio member in the group of reviewers for a few renowned foreign publishers.