Last Date for submitting B Tech application – 28th May 2019. Open counseling for allotment starts on 1st June 2019.
Faculty development programme by Fr. Cyriac Kottayarukil held on April. 4, 2019 at Saintgits Institute of Management.
Congratulations! Saintgits SAE BAJA team wins 1st prize of Rs. 60,000/- in the Rock Crawl competition held at IIT Ropar.
Dr Jaimol Thomas
Designation: Professor & HOD
Education: Ph D
Teaching : 34 years
Research : 7 years
UG : Electrical Engineering
PG : Instrumentation and Control
Ph.D :Energy Systems
- Saranya Sasi S,Dr. Jaimol Thomas, “Operation Of Doubly Fed Induction Generator With Integrated Active Filter Capabilities Using Grid Side Converter And Pv” , International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology (IJIRT), Volume 3, Issue 3, August 2016.ISSN:2349-6002.pp203-207
- Pooja Maria James, Dr. Jaimol Thomas, and Ganesh M, “Variation of output voltage THD for R and RL Loads for an efficient developed cascaded multilevel configuration with less number of switches”, International Journal of Recent Advances in Multidisciplinary Research, Vol. 02, Issue 10, pp. 0817-0821, October 2015.ISSN:2350-0743
- Pooja Maria James, Jaimol Thomas, Ganesh Mahadevan, Simulation of an Efficient Cascaded Inverter with Reduced Number of Switches and Comparison of THD For Various Voltage Levels, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Volume 4, Issue 09, pp. 7682-7688, September 2015.ISSN:2278-8875
- Sherin Tom, Jaimol Thomas, “A new fault identification method for HVDC Transmission Line”, International Journal of Science and Research, Vol.4, Issue 11, November 2015. ISSN (Online): 2319-7064
- Sherin Tom, Jaimol Thomas, “A Transient Scheme for the Identification of Fault in HVDC Transmission Line, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE), Vol. 4, issue. 10, pp. 8373-8379, October 2015.ISSN:2278-8875.
- Sherin Tom, Jaimol Thomas, Ganesh M, “ A Novel Algorithm for Fault location and Identification in HVDC Transmission Lines based on Transients”, IEEE International Conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science & Technology (ICERECT-2015) at PES College of Engineering, Mandya, December 2015
- Sherin Tom, Jaimol Thomas, “HVDC Transmission Line Protection based on Transient Power”, Global Colloquium in Recent Advancement and Efficient Researches in Engineering Science & Technology (RAEREST-2016, SJCET Palai, Kerala, April 2016.
- Jaimol Thomas, Ashok.S, T.L Jose, “A Pricing Model For Biomass-Based Electricity”,Energy sources, part b: economics, planning and policy, taylor and francis.ISSN (online): 15567257,DOI:10.1080/15567249.2010.511513. August 2014.
- Siji Chacko, Jaimol Thomas, “Modeling of an Eleven Level Advanced H-Bridge Type Multi Level Inverter and Comparison of THD with Different Levels”, Second IRF International Conference, Cochin. ISBN: 978-93-84209-43-8, August 2014.
- Parvathy Suresh, Jaimol Thomas, “Performance Analysis of Stand Alone PV Systems Using PVSYST”, Second IRF International Conference, Cochin. ISBN: 978-93-84209-43-8, August 2014.
- Siji Chacko, Dr.Jaimol Thomas, “Application of Single Phase Nine Level Reversing Voltage Type Multilevel Inverter in Stand-Alone PV System”, National Conference on Emerging Electrical Trends at Indira Gandhi Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women,Kothamangalam, October 2014.
- Siji Chacko, Dr.Jaimol Thomas, “THD Analysis of Multilevel Inverter with different loads”, International journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE) vol.3, Special Issue 5, December 2014, ISSN (online):2278-8875, December 2014.
- Jaimol Thomas, S. Ashok, “Economics of Biomass Energy a Case Study”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (IJESIT) Volume 2, Issue 4, July 2013
- Seena Paul, Dr. Jaimol Thomas, “Maximum Power Point Tracking for solar PV system using GA-optimized ANN with fuzzy controller, INAAR, Prof. Ramakrishna MORE College of Arts, Commerce and Science., August 2013
- Seena Paul, Jaimol Thomas, “Intelligent Controller using GA-optimized ANN with fuzzy controller for tracking maximum power point in solar PV system”, National Conference on Power System and Energy Management PSEM 13,, Vijnan Institute of Science and Technology, October 2013
- Vineetha P Joseph, Jaimol Thomas, “Negative Sequence and Harmonic Mitigation of Grid Connected AC Railway Traction using PI and Fuzzy Controllers”,Proceedings of IET Chennai 4th International Conference on Sustainable Energy and intelligent System (SEISCON 2013), K.C.G College of Technology, TamilNadu, December 2013
- Vineetha P Joseph, Jaimol Thomas, “A Fuzzy Controller based Railway static Power Conditioners for AC Traction”, International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication systems , Sri Eswara college of engineering coimbatore. ISBN:978-1-4799-3506-2/13, December 2013
- Vineetha P Joseph, Jaimol Thomas, “Power Quality Improvement of AC Railway Traction Using Railway Static power conditioner in a Comparative Study”, Proceedings of International Conference on Power Signals, Controls and Computation (EPSCICON 2014), Vidya Academy of Science & Technology, Thrissur.Doi:10.1109/EPSCICON.2014.6887509, January 2014.
- Seena Paul, Dr. Jaimol Thomas, “Comparison of MPPT using GA Optimised ANN Employing PI Control for solar PV system with MPPT using Incremental Conductance”, Proceedings of International Conference on Power Signals, Controls and Computation (EPSCICON 2014), Vidya Academy of Science & Technology, Thrissur.Doi:10.1109/EPSCICON.2014.6887518, January 2014.
- Subhash Abraham Punnoose, Ranjith Abraham, Jaimol Thomas, “A study towards pedagogic renovation and rejuvenation for private engineering colleges in India”, IEEE International Conference on Engineering Education: Innovative Practices and Future Trends (AICERA), July 2012.
- T.Krishnakumari, Jaimol Thomas, “LVRT characteristics of PMSG with 2 level converter inverter, International Conference on Power and Energy Systems, Kalasalingam University, December 2012.
- Anna Baby, Jaimol Thomas, Tibin Joseph, “Analysis of Voltage Collapse in the Kerala Power Grids”, International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics, January 2013.
- Anna Baby, Jaimol Thomas, Tibin Joseph, “Analysis of voltage collapse in the Kerala power grids using SVC, UPFC & SSSC”, International Multi-Conference on Automation, Computing, Communication, Control and Compressed Sensing (iMac4s) , March 2013.
- Krishna Kumari T, Jaimol Thomas, “Transient Stability Analysis Of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator with Two Level Converter Inverter”, International Journal of Engineering science and Technology, vol5, no.04S, April 2013, e-ISSN: 0975-5462, April 2013.
- Krishna Kumari T, Jaimol Thomas, “ Analysis of Transient stability of a Permanenet Magnet Synchronous generator Connected to Grid”, International Conference for Global Innovations in technical and sciences (ICGITS 2013), Saintgits College of Engineering.
- Jaimol thomas.”THD Analysis of multilevel inverter with deifferent loads”International journel of advanced research in electrical,electronics and instrumentation engineering.Volume3,special issue5,decmber 2014,pp200-206
- Jaimol Thomas,Transient scheme for the identification of fault in HVDC Transmission line,International journel of advanced research in electrical,electronics and instrumentation engineering.(IJAREEIE),Volume 4,issue 10,october 2015,pp-8373-8379
- Jaimol Thoma”A new fault detection method for HVDC Transmission line”International journel of science and research,Volume4,issue 11,nov-2015,pp-729-734
- Jaimol Thomas,”Simulation of an efficient cascaded inverter with reduced number of switches and comparison of THD for various voltage levels,IJAREEIE,Vol-4,issue 9,sep-2015,pp-7682-7688
- Jaimol Thomas,”Operation of doubly fed Induction generator with integrated active filter capabilities,with using grid side converter and PV”,International journel of innovative research in technology(IJAIRT)Vol-3,issue 3,pp-203-207,august-2016
- ISTE Life Member
- The Institution of Engineers (India) Life Member
- Energy Conservation Society of Kerala Life Member