Dr Soosan George T
Teaching: 34 years
Research: 14 years
UG: B. Sc. (Engg.) in Civil Engineering ( Kerala University – M A College of Engg. Kothamangalam)
PG: M. Tech in Transportation Engineering (IIT Madras)
Ph.D.: Pavement Design
- Soosan George, “Travel Survey instrument Design Integrating Residential Location Characteristics and Survey Administration for Kochi City, India”, International Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, Aug 2018.
- T. G Soosan, A. Sridharan, Babu T Jose and B M Abraham, ”utilization of Quarry Dust to Improve the Geotechnical Properties of Soils”, ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol 28, Number 4, July 2005, Pa 391-400.
- A. Sridharan, T. G Soosan, Babu T Jose and B M Abraham, ”Shear strength Studies of Soil-Quarry Dust Mixes”, Geotechnical and Geological Engineering Journal, Springer volume 24, Number 5, 2006, pa 1163-1179.
- Soosan George T, Alice TV, and Mini M I, “Improvement of Kaolinite Clay Subgrade Using Coir Fiber Waste” International Journal of Emerging Technology & Advanced Engineering, ISSN 2250-2459, Volume 3, Issue 3, March 2013, Pa 988-995.
- Mini M I, Soosan George T, Rema Devi M“Estimation of Travel Demand from the city Commuter region of Muvattupuzha Municipal Area” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, ISSN2319-8753, Volume 2, Issue 3, March 2013, Pa 624-628.
- Milimol Philip, Sreelatha T, Soosan George T, “An Activity-Based Characteristic Study on travel behavior of Middle Class” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 7, July 2013.
- Milimol Philip, Sreelatha T, Soosan George T,” Modelling on Mode Choice Behavior of Rural Middle-Class Residents – An Activity-Based Approach”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Website: www.ijetae.com (ISSN 2250-2459, ISO 9001:2008 Certified Journal, Volume 3, Issue 7, July 2013.
- Soosan George T, Krishnapriya M G, MilimolPhilip,” Activity-Based Modelling for Mode Choice Analysis of Towns- A Case Study in Kerala” International Journal of Civil Engineering, IJCE, (ISSN 2278-9987, ISSN(E)2278-9995, Volume 3, Issue 1, JAN 2014, 1-6.
- Soosan George T, Farhan M C, Vandana R. N, Swetima R., Hura B.” Activity-Based Trip Generation Model”, International Review of Applied Engineering Research, (ISSN 2248-9967, Volume 4, Issue 2, 121-126
- Soosan George T, Ansiya T. A., Ubina C. K., Riyamole v., Vishnu k. S. .”Impact Analysis of Kochi Metro rail project”, International Review of Applied Engineering Research, (ISSN 2248-9967, Volume 4, Issue 2,107-112
- Eldhose C, Dr.Soosan T G,” Studies on Scrap Tyre Added Concrete for Rigid Pavements”, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology,(ISSN:2277-1581), Volume No.3, Issue No. 12, pp:1414-1417.
- Krishnapriya Molath Gopi, Soosan George Thanelimalil, MathaVenkata Lakshmi RangaAnjaneyulu, “Travel survey instrument design integrating residential location characteristics and survey administration for Kochi, India”, International Journal for Traffic and Transport Engineering, 2018, 8(2): 198 – 212
- Reddy, M S, Soosan T G, Anand V V,” Train operations and platform Utility” Journal of Institution of Engineers, Vol 79, December 1998.
- Soosan George T, Babu T Jose, Benny Mathews Abraham,” Strength Behaviour of Lateritic soil- Quarry Dust Mixes”, Journal of New Building Materials and Construction World, August 2001, pg 46-52.
- Priya PM, Alice TV, Soosan George T, “ Effect of Superstructures on Seismic Load Analysis”, e-Journal of New Building Materials and Construction World, August 2010 pg 178-184.
- Soosan George T, Babu T Jose,” Growth of Vehicle Population and Traffic Safety”, Proceedings of International Conference in Safety and Fire Engineering”, CUSAT, November 1999, pg 305-313.
- Soosan George T, Babu T Jose, Benny Mathews Abraham,” Use of Quarry Dust in Embankment and Pavement Constructions”, Proceeding of the New Millenium Conference, IGC 2001, December 2001, pg 274-277.
- Soosan George T, Babu T Jose, Benny Mathews Abraham,” Improvement of Ground and Highway Sub- Bases using quarry waste”, Proceeding of the International Conference in Civil Engineering, IISc Bangalore, Vol 2, July 2001, pg 730-737.
- Soosan George T, Babu T Jose, Benny Mathews Abraham,” A study of the influence of Compaction Moisture content on CBR”, Proceeding of the International Conference in Civil Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, Vol 2, January 2002, Vol 2, July 2001, pg 799-802.
- Organized ISTE short term Training Programme on “Transportation System Management and Operations”-November 17-21, 2014
- Organized Workshop on “Research and Consultancy-26-6-2015
- Organized Workshop on Tilting foundations and remedial measures -12-08-2015 under Scholars-in-Residence Programme of KSHEC in collaboration with Division of Civil Engineering, CUSAT
- Life Member of Indian Society of Technical Education(ISTE) – LM 8833
- Life Member of Indian Geotechnical Society(IGS) – KL 138
- Life Member of Institute for Exploring Advances in Engineering(IEAE) – IEAE2017773
R & D Projects
- Activity-based travel demand Modelling integrating residential location characteristics funded by KSCSTE
- Activity-based travel demand Modelling integrating residential location characteristics funded by KSCSTE-10 lakhs.
- Awarded a MODROBS project for the Modernization of Transportation Engineering Laboratory of Rs. 10 Lakhs (2010)
- Pavement Design
- Transportation Engineering
- IEAE award for the Best Principal of the year 2017 (Kerala Region)
Devaraj memorial award for the Best Outgoing Student of Transportation Engineering Division from IIT Madras -1994
- Lecturer in Civil Engineering, M. A. College of Engineering, Kothamangalam(1984 -1992)
- Senior Lecturer (1992 -1997)
- Selection Grade Lecturer (1997-2006)
- Associate Professor (2006-2009)
- Professor in Civil Engineering (2009-2015)
- Principal, M. A. College of Engineering, Kothamangalam (2015–18)
- Professor and Dean in Civil Engineering, Saintgits College of Engineering (2018 onwards)
Awards/ Distinctions/ Honours:
- IEAE award for the Best Principal of the year 2017 (Kerala Region) awarded in recognition of valuable contribution to the academic community and students.
- DEVARAJ MEMORIAL AWARD for the Best Outgoing Student of Transportation Engineering Division from IIT Madras -1994 (CGPA-9.65)
- Approved Research Supervisor of M. G. University and APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University(Guiding 3 Ph. D scholars)
- Lab in Charge: Transportation Engg. Laboratory from 2000 to 2013
- Staff in charge of M G University research center, M A College of Engineering
- Member of AICTE approval inspection committee
- Consultancy Centre in Charge: 2013-2015
- AICTE compliance report preparation overall charge 2004 to 2010
- MACE alumni Executive member 1997-2000 and involved in the formation “MACE FORT”- a housing project of MACE Alumni.
- Doctoral Committee member: M G University- Civil Engineering.2012-13,2013-14
- Doctoral Committee member of KTU, since 2018
- Chief Warden, M. A. College of Engineering Hostel 2015-2018
- Convener, Ernakulam Cluster II, 2015-2018
- Chairperson: Zone III M G University from 2010 -2015
- Member of Inspection Committee for Research Centre- M G University
- Member of Selection Committee- Spices Board India-2011.
- Question paper setter, CUSAT and Calicut university
- External Examiner UG and Ph. D level- Cochin University 2000 onwards
- As a staff in charge of Women’s cell, M A College of Engineering
- Technical Advisor and Reviewer-International Conference on 9-5-2013 and 10-5-2013 at SCMS, Karukutty, Muthoot Institute of Science and Technology, 2019
- Evaluator for Ernakulum Revenue District Science fair: 1/12/2011,28/1/12,2/12/2012,12/11/2013
- Chairman of the Project Evaluation committee-Civil Engg. Dept-2013-14
- Member, Publication Committee – Textbook on Basic Civil Engg-Published by Dept. of Civil Engg. M A College of Engg. Kothamangalam
- As staff in Charge of Civil Engg. Association
- Convener of Editorial Board for Civil Engg. Department Technical Magazine and News Letter 2011,2012,2013.
- Staff in charge of College magazine 2011
- Convener, student welfare committee, Saintgits College of Engg.
Phone : +91 9995120393
Email : email@example.com
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For Admission please contact: Quick Facts © 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170
For Admission please contact:
© 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions