Dr. Elsa Cherian
Designation: Asst. Professor (Special)
Education: M.Tech. Ph. D
Teaching: 11 years
PG: Industrial Biotechnology
Ph. D: Optimized production of cellulase and its application in bioethanol production
- Production of bio-diesel from pork fat using alumina-doped calcium oxide nano-composite as heterogeneous catalyst. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, 1-10, 2019
- Immobilization of Cellulase on Cobalt Oxide Nano-particles for Efficient Bio-ethanol Production by Simultaneous Saccharification and Fermentation. International Journal of Modern Science and Technology 2(12),397-403,2017
- Immobilization of cellulase onto MnO2 nanoparticles for bioethanol production by enhanced hydrolysis of agricultural waste. Chinese Journal of Catalysis 36 (8), 1223-1229, 2015
- Synthesis of manganese dioxide nanoparticles using co-precipitation method and its antimicrobial activity. International Journal of Modern Science and Technology 1 (1), 17-22, 2016
- Production and optimization of cellulase from agricultural waste and its application in bioethanol production by simultaneous saccharification and fermentation. Management of Environmental Quality: An International Journal 27 (1), 22-35, 2016
- Biosynthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles using Aspergillus fumigatus JCF and its antibacterial activity. International Journal of Modern Science and Technology1(2), 52-57, 2016.
- Characterization of newly isolated strain Aspergillus fumigatus JCF from spoiled jackfruit and optimization of cellulase for bioethanol production using fruit waste. Journal of Environmental Biology 36 (5), 1229, 2015
- Producton of cellulase by Aspergillus fumigatus JCF using agro-based cellulosic waste and its usage in bioethanol synthesis. International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy 11 (3), 294-302, 2015
- Optimized production of cellulase using fruit waste and its application in bioethanol production. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 6 (2), 2015
- Cellulosic Bioethanol Production by Sequential Fermentation using Agricultural Waste. International Journal of ChemTech Research 6 (14), 5653-5660, 2014
- Recent advances in pollution abatement, November 26-30, 2018 conducted by SSN College of Engineering, Chennai
- Advanced Techniques & Innovative Applications in Biotechnology & Chemical Engineering/ 16th – 22nd July, 2016, conducted by Jeppiaar Engineering College.
- Instrumental methods of analysis, December 7th -14th , 2014, conducted by AC Tech, Anna University
Conferences and workshops
- Production of biodegradable bioplastic using jackfruit (Atrocarpus heterophyllus) perianth. 4th Int.Conf.on Bioenergy, Environment and Sustainable Technologies (BEST 2019), organized by Arunai Eng. College, Tiruvannamalai during 28th – 30th January, 2019.
- Application of immobilized cellulase on manganese ferrite nanoparticles for bioethanol production by enhanced hydrolysis of pineapple leaf. International conference on mathematical methods, modelling and simulation in chemical sciences, ICMMS 2018 organized by SSN college of Engineering from 6th -8th December 2018.
- Biodiesel Production from Animal Fat using Al2O3⋅CaO Nanocatalyst , International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering for development of Agriculture, Energy and Environment- SPICE’18, Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur, March 6-7, 2018.
- Biodiesel – Solution for Energy Crisis, International Conference on Energy, Environment and Industrial Safety (ICEEIS), SALVATIO ‘18, Department of Applied Science and Technology, AC Tech, Anna University, Chennai, February 22- 23, 2018
- Photocatalytic Degradation Of Industrial Dyes By Manganese Dioxide Nanoparticles Synthesized From Pineapple Peel, DST Sponsored National Level Conference On Current & Future Trends In Food Waste Management & Its Valorization – An Interdisciplinary Approach, Centre For Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai, January 23- 24, 2018
- Photocatalytic Activity of Iron Nanoparticles Using Saccharomyces Cerevesiae. Bioenergy, Environment and Sustainable Technologies: BEST – 2017, Department of Biotechnology, Arunai Engineering College, Tiruvannamalai, 23-25th January, 2017
- Synthesis of selenium nanobiocomposite of fungal L-asparaginase for anticancer applications. Chemical Engineering towards Sustainable Development, CHEMCON-2016, A.C. Tech, Anna University, Chennai, Dec 27-30, 2016.
- Bioethanol production from pretreated cotton seed and miscanthus leaves by simultaneous saccharification and fermentation , was presented in International Conference on New Horizons in Biotechnology (NHBT-2015) and 11th Annual Convention, organized by the Biotech Research Society-India and CSIR-NIIST Trivandrum, during 22-25th November 2015.
- Synthesis and characterization of manganese dioxide nanoparticles and its antimicrobial activity, International conference on converging biotechnology innovations for health , food and environmental welfare organized by Karunya University, Dec 2nd to 4th 2015
- Biosynthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of zinc oxide nanoparticles, International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering, NIIT Suratkal, 20-22nd December 2015
- Immobilization of cellulase onto MnFe2O4 for bioethanol production by enhanced hydrolysis of pineapple waste. International conference on Macromolecules: Synthesis, Morphology, Processing, Structure, Properties and Applications (ICM–2016) , Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, during 13-15 May 2016.
- Production of bioethanol using cellulose from agricultural waste2ndInt.Conf.on Bioenergy, Environment and Sustainable Technologies (BEST 2015), organized by Arunai Eng. College, Tiruvannamalai during 28th – 31st January, 2015.
- Immobilization of cellulase on Cobalt Oxide Nanoparticles for efficient hydrolysis of Agricultural waste, Madha Engineering College, 6th March, 2015.
- Immobilization of cellulase onto manganese dioxide nanoparticles. International Conference on Energy and Environmental Engineering organized by Department of Petrochemical Technology, Anna University-BIT Campus, Tiruchirappalli during 6th&7th November 2014.
- Optimization of cellulase production and its application for Bioethanol production in National conference on Biotechnology organized by Arunai Engineering College, Tiruvannamalai during 21st & 22nd March 2014.
- Enhanced production of cellulase and its applications in National seminar on Recent trends in Advanced Fermentation Technology organized by Department of Biotechnology, Veltech Hightech Dr.Rengarajan Dr.Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai during 14th& 15th March 2013.
Professional Society Membership:
Life member of Biotech Research Society of India (BRSI).
Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
Life Member of Association of Food Scientists & Technologists India (AFSTi)
- Biofuel production
- Environmental Engineering
- New product development
- Bio nanotechnology
- Bioethanol Production From Agricultural Wastes: An Overview, DBT sponsored National Workshop on Bio-fuels and Bio-energy on 02.09.2016.
- Bio-ethanol – Importance and Production Strategies, National Workshop on Bio-fuels and Bio-energy 03.09.2015 & 04.09.2015 Sponsored by Department of Biotechnology Ministry of Science and Technology Government of India.
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170 Email: email@example.com For Admission please contact: Quick Facts © 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170
For Admission please contact:
© 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions