Er Polly Thomas
Designation : Assistant Professor
Education : M.Tech, Pursuing PhD
Teaching : 6 years 6 months
Research : 2 years 6 months
Industry : 1 year 3 months
UG : B. Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (St. Joseph’s College of Engineering & Technology, Palai)
PG : M. Tech in Power Systems (Saintgits College of Engineering)
Ph.D : Pursuing PhD in Power Systems
- Polly Thomas, Fossy Mary Chacko(2013). Electric Vehicle Integration to distribution grid ensuring quality power exchange. International Conference on Computer Applications in Electrical Engineering – recent advances” , CERA-13, IIT Roorkee.
- Polly Thomas, Fossy Mary Chacko(2013). Electric Vehicle Integration to Distribution Grid ensuring Quality Power Exchange. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE) vol.3, Special Issue1, 403-412.
- Polly Thomas, Fossy Mary Chacko(2014). Electric Vehicle Integration to Distribution Grid ensuring Quality Power Exchange. Proceedings of International Conference on Power Signals, Controls and Computation (EPSCICON 2014), Vidya Academy of Science & Technology, Thrissur.
- Ganesh M, Anju R.K, Polly Thomas, Deepu E Koshy(2014). A novel Technique for shaping source current waveform using electronic circuit. IEEE International Conference On Magnetics, Machines & Drives (ICMMD), Amal Jyothi College Of Engineering.
- Polly Thomas, Ganesh M,Darsanam Nair (2015). Design, Simulation and comparison of single phase bidirectional converters for V2G and G2V applications. International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol-4, isuue-4, 1-8.
- Sumi Soman, Polly Thomas, John George (2015). A novel Adaptive Forecasting Technique for forced Islanding Scheme. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering,(IJAREEIE), Vol-4, Issue -11, 8833-8843.
- Polly Thomas, Ganesh M (2015). Comparison of configurations of bi-directional converters suitable for V2G technology. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering,(IJAREEIE), Vol-4, Issue -8,7124-7130.
- Polly Thomas, Sumi Soman. Blackout Prevention by an Effective Forced Islanding Scheme. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, Volume 4, Issue 08, 755-759.
- Polly Thomas, Sreekanth P K, Ganesh M (2015). Design, simulation and comparison of single phase bidirectional converters for V2G and G2V applications. Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), Banglore.
- Job Sebastian, Tijit T Mathew, Jitty James, Rithumole Joseph, Polly Thomas, Ganesh M (2016). Smart EV Station Aiding Better Demand Side Management. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE), Volume 5, Special Issue 3, . (Published as part of National Conference on Recent Advances in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (NCREEE’16)).
- Ganesh M, Polly Thomas, Sreekanth P K(2015). An Active and Reactive Power Based Current Controlled Transformer Less Converter for Two Way Power Transfer Applications. International Journal of Electronics, Electrical and Computational System (IJEECS), Volume 4, Special Issue.
- Sumi Soman, Polly Thomas, John George (2015). Prevention of blackout by an effective forced islanding and restoration scheme. International Conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology (ICERECT), Mandya, India .
- Sumi Soman, Sherin Tom, Polly Thomas, John George (2015). Forced islanding and restoration scheme to prevent blackout for improving power system security. IEEE Innovative on Smart Grid Technologies – Asia (ISGT ASIA), Bangkok, Thailand.#S31.4.
- Sumi Soman, Polly Thomas, Pooja Maria James, John George (2015). An effective forced islanding and load shedding scheme to prevent blackout. IEEE International Conference on Power, Instrumentation, Control and Computing (PICC). Government Engineering College, Trichur.
- Polly Thomas, Shiny K George (2016). Performance Analysis of Bang-Bang and d – q Reference Frame Control Schemes for Power Quality Improvement of Grid Connected Wind Energy System. International Journal of Computer Applications – IJCA, volume 145 – No.8, 39-44.
- Ashok Thomas Aby, S.Prabhakar Karthikeyan, Polly Thomas, Emil Ninan skariah(2016). Sensitivity Assessment on Locational Marginal Price under Deregulated Electricity Market. IEEE TENCON 2016- Technologies for Smart Nation, Singapore.
- Ashok Thomas Aby, Polly Thomas, Emil Ninan skariah, S.Prabhakar Karthikeyan(2016). Determination of Market Clearing Price Using PSO Based Approach Considering System Losses and Reactive Power Constraints Under Pool Market. International Conference on Current research topics in Power, Nuclear,Fuel and Energy (ICRTEST 2016),Hyderabad.
- Sreelal N, Polly Thomas, Emil Ninan skariah, S.Prabhakar Karthikeyan(2016). A method to locate bad data in large power system Using distributed approach. Journal of Electrical Engineering (Accepted. In the process of publishing.)
- Sreelal N, Polly Thomas, Emil Ninan skariah, S.Prabhakar Karthikeyan(2016). Challenges and Issues in Operation of Competitive Electricity Markets. Journal of CPRI. (Accepted. In the process of publishing.)
- Industrial training at Cochin Shipyard Limited
- Industrial training at Travancore Cements Limited
- Industrial training at Bhrahmapuram Diesel Power Plant
- Industrial training at 220kV substation, Pallom
- Industrial Training at Lower Periyar Power Station, KSEB
- International Conference ICGITS 2013 Saintgits
- Workshop on “Electrical machines and Electromagnetics” at Saintgits
- First Indian IEEE-IAS SB Chapter Workshop at RIT Pampady
- One day ISTE e-Workshop on “Creative Teaching” at Saintgits
- Induction programme at Saintgits
- One day workshop on “Reserch methodology” at Vellapally Natesan College of Engineering
- Faculty Development Programme on “Advances in Smart GRID-INTEGRATIONS” at Saintgits
- MHRD Sponsered Faculty Development Programme on “Research, Innovations and Technologies for Smart Grid” at NIT Calicut
- Workshop on “ Soft Computing Techniques in Advanced Power System Analysis” at Saintgits
- ISTE STTP on Pedagogy for Effective use of ICT in Engineering Education at Saintgits
- Faculty Development Programme on “Power System Stability and Protection” at Saintgits
- A course in “PLC & SCADA OVERVIEW” by Technical School of Yokogawa India Ltd. At Saintgits
- One week FDP on FPGA Based Induction Motor Control & Introduction to ANSYS at Saintgits
- Workshop on Industrial Automation Using PLC SCADA at Saintgits
- IEEE – IAS Region 10 International Congress at Madrid, Spain
- International Conference CERA 2013 at IIT Roorkee
- International Conference EPSCICON 2014 at Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Thrissur
- IEEE TENCON 2016 , Singapore
R & D Projects
- A Novel Technique for Shaping Source Current Waveform Using Electronic Circuit
- Design and Control Algorithm For Self Adaptive Electric Vehicle for Efficient Grid Integration
- An Effective Forced Islanding Scheme and Restoration Technique
- Demand Side Management Using Flexible Load to Facilitate Electricity De-regulation
- Improving the reliability of smart distribution system
- Detection of bad data in phasor measurement units using distributed approach
- Impact of DG on Locational Marginal Price Under Multi Constrained Environment
- Multi-Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Feeder Inter Area Fault Location Identification and Service Wire Backflow Protection for KSEB
- Smart station for EV charging
- Power & Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Electric Vehicle
- Best mentor award from Robo Species Technologies, India
- Represented IEEE IAS Region 8 at IEEE IAS Region 10 International Congress at Madrid, Spain.
- Project titled “Feeder Inter Area Fault Location Identification and Service Wire Back Flow Protection” was selected as th e best project in KTU- KSCSTE Techfest, 2017
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For Admission please contact: Quick Facts © 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170
For Admission please contact:
© 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions