Er Roshni Oommen
Designation: Asst. Professor
Education: M Tech
Teaching : 4 years
Research : 1 year
UG : Electronics & Communication Engineering
PG :VLSI & Embedded Systems
- Roshni Oommen, J.Sivapriya, Linsu Joseph, Merin George, Steffi Job, ” Performance analysis of CMOS and GDI comparators”, International Journal of Emerging Technology & Advanced Engineering, April 2018.
- Roshni Oommen, Sharon Joseph,” A comparative study on logic gates based on CMOS, GDI and MTCMOS techniques”, Journal of Science, Technology and Management, March 2018.
- Roshni Oommen, Sharon Joseph,” A survey on low power LFSR architectures”, International Journal of Recent trends in Engineering & Research, March 2018.
- Sharon Joseph, Roshni Oommen, ” A study on GaN HEMT”, Journal of Science, Technology and Management, September 2017.
- Roshni Oommen, Sharon Joseph,” Equivalent circuit modeling and characterisation of GaN HEMT”, National Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology, April 2017.
- Roshni Oommen, John Jose,“Congestion management in adaptive NoC routers using cost-effective selection strategies” was accepted for presentation, poster presentation in the 20th IEEE Annual International Conference on High Performance Computing(HiPC) Student Research symposium, Dec 2013.
- Roshni Oommen, “Congestion management in Network-on-Chip(NoC) using efficient selection strategies“ was accepted in IEEE SSCS sponsored conference on Solid State Circuits, Aug 2014.
- Workshop on “Analog Circuits” at Saintgits College of Engineering.( 18/4/2018 to 24/4/2018).
- 47th ISTE National Annual Convention at Saintgits College of Engineering.(27-29th Jan,2018)
- Workshop on ” Research Methodolgy, Writing Practices, Language & Soft Skills”, at Saintgits College of Engineering.(18-19th Jan, 2018).
- Workshop on “ANSYS Tools for High frequency simulation and analysis”, at Saintgits College of Engineering.(17/8/18 to 19/8/17).
- Short term course on “MOSFETs and Beyond”, at Indian Institute of Technology Madras.( 10/7/17 to 15/7/17).
- Workshop on “CMOS, Mixed Signal and Radio Frequency VLSI Design”, at Saintgits College of Engineering, Kottayam organized by IIT Kharagpur(31/1/17 to 4/2/17).
- Workshop on “Patent rules, Patent Drafting and IPR Development”, at Saintgits College of Engineering, Kottayam jointly organized by PIC-Kerala/ KSCSTE & Saintgits College(Jan 21st, 2017).
- Workshop on “Role of VLSI & Embedded Systems in Next Generation Wireless Technologies”, at Saintgits College of Engineering, Kottayam (28/11/16 to 4/12/16).
- Workshop on “Advanced Nano-Scale Device Design using TCAD” at College of Engineering,Chengannur from Dec 28th, 2015 to Jan 1st,2016.
- Workshop on “Tanner EDA Software”at College of Engineering, Chengannur, November 2014.
- Participated in Conference on Solid State Circuits at Saintgits College of Engineering, Kottayam, Kerala, August 29-30, 2014.
- Participated in the Master’s Student Thesis Contest conducted as a part of IEEE International Conference on ‘Current Techniques in Medical Image Analysis’ and presented the paper titled ‘Congestion Management in 2D Mesh Network-on-Chip (NoC) using cost-effective selection strategies’, at Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kalady, Kerala, August 6-9, 2014.
- Participated in 20th Annual International Conference on High Performance Computing, Bengaluru, December 18-21, 2013.
- Workshop on ‘Recent Trends in Computer Architecture’,December 2012 at IIT Madras.
- National Workshop on “VLSI Signal Processing” at Musaliar College of Engineering and Technology, Pathanamthitta at March 2012.
- Attended International Conference on VLSI, Communication and Instrumentation (ICVCI), April 2011.
- Attended “The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) Student Technical Paper Contest, October 2010.
- Attended Equinox’09, National Level Technical Symposium at St.Josephs College of Engineering and Technology, Kerala, March 2009.
- ISTE Life-time member
R & D Projects
- “Intelligent Energy meter with Theft Detection for Smart Homes”-Funded by KSCSTE approved on Dec 21, 2016
- VLSI, Semiconductor devices, Interconnection networks for multi-core architectures, Network-on-Chip.
- M.Tech Second Rank holder of Mahatma Gandhi University in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) with specialization in „ VLSI and Embedded Systems for the academic year 2011-2013.
- B.Tech First Rank holder and Gold Medalist in „Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) from Mahatma Gandhi University for the academic year 2007-2011.
- Overall topper among all branches from Saintgits College of Engineering for the academic year 2007-2011.
- Obtained NPTEL Online Certification with Elite medal on the course,” Introduction to Research” conducted during Jan- Mar 2017.
- Obtained QEEE certification for the course ” Electromagnetic waves”, conducted during Aug-Nov 2017.
- Obtained NPTEL Online Certification with Elite medal on the course ‘Introduction to Modern Application Developement” conducted during July, 2016 to November, 2016.
- Got KSCSTE funding for student project titled “Intelligent Energy meter with Theft Detection for Smart Homes” on Dec 21st, 2016.
- Completed my internship under the guidance of Dr.Madhu Mutyam on the research project titled ‘Congestion Management in 2D mesh Network-on-Chip (NoC) using cost-effective selection strategies’ from 1st Dec, 2012 to 30th July, 2013 in Programming Languages, Architecture, and Compilers Education (PACE ) Lab, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- Our team came first in the paper presentation contest organized by IETE, Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers for the paper „CORBO, coconut harvesting device.
- Award for the best outgoing student (2007-11 batch) of ECE Dept, Saintgits College of Engineering.
- College topper from Semester 1 to Semester 8 in ECE Dept
Mobile : +91 9447195807
Email : email@example.com