Mr. Veerapandi Loganathan
Designation: Assistant Professor
M.Tech Food Technology (Anna University)
B.Tech Biotechnology (Rajalakshmi Engineering College)
Teaching: 2 years and 6 Months
Research: 3 Months
Microbiology, New product development, Waste utilization and value addition & Molecular Modelling
- Won 2nd prize in Educators and Researchers category of the Fight Corona Ideathon – 2020 organized by MHRD’s Innovation cell, AICTE.
- Best Paper Presentation award from AMET University, Chennai.
- Certificate of training in HALAL Compliances in Food Audit 2020, HALAL India Pvt Ltd, Chennai.
- Won 1st place in the e-poster competition on “Food Safety Our Responsibility – 2020” (Research), jointly organized by the NSI & NetProFaN-Chennai Chapter.
1.Patent title: “In-Silico Analysis of Inhibitory Action of Beta Sitosterol from Plant Source against Phospholipase A2”
Applicant: Veerapandi L
Inventor: Veerapandi L, Nivetha T & Sinthiya R
Application number & date: 201941051524 and 12-12-2019
2.Patent title: “TOMATO SAUCE ENRICHED WITH ANCHOVY FISH AND A PROCESS FOR PREPARING THE SAME”
Applicant: Veerapandi L
Inventor: Veerapandi L, Nivetha T, Sinthiya R, K.P. AISHWARIYAA & GAYATHIRI G
Application number & date: 202041011432 and 17-03-2020
3.Patent title: “DEVELOPMENT OF ICE CREAM INCORPORATED WITH MONK FRUIT POWDER”
Inventor: Pravin.J.K , Veerapandi L, Siddharth S & Buvanesh P
Application number & date: 202141007312 and 22-02-2021
- Veerapandi L, Nivetha T, Sinthiya R, Karunyah Amirthadharshini., 2021, “Evaluation and Comparative Study of Antimicrobial Activity of Anthocyanins Derived from Various Natural Sources”, Solid State Technology, Volume-64, Issue-2, pp. 4107-4113.
- Veerapandi L, Nivetha T, Sinthiya R, Karunyah Amirthadharshini., 2019, “Development of Value-Added Millet Products Incorporated with Musa Acuminata”, Journal of Science and Technology, Volume-4, Issue-6, pp. 32-36.
- Nivetha T, Veerapandi L, Sinthiya R, Karunyah Amirthadharshini., 2021, “Development of Herbal Tea Infused with the Dried Psidium Guajava Leaf Powder”, Volume-64, Solid State Technology, Issue-2, pp. 4360-4368.
- Nivetha T, Veerapandi L, Sinthiya R, Karunyah Amirthadharshini., 2021, “Physiochemical and Sensory Attributes of Therapeutic RTS Beverage Prepared from the Blends of Aloe Vera, Ginger and Honey”, Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Natural Science Edition), Volume-50, Issue-3, pp. 1-6.
- Sinthiya R, Veerapandi L, Nivetha T, Karunyah Amirthadharshini., 2021, “OPTIMIZATION OF COMPOSITE MILK PANEER”, Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Natural Science Edition), Volume-50, Issue-3, pp. 1-7.
- Veerapandi L, Karthickumar P, Balasundari S, 2019, “Exploring the Possibilities of Production of Value-Added Fish Products”, Magazine of Food & Beverages Processing, Volume-5, Issue-9, pp. 20-22.
- Veerapandi L, Aishwarya R., 2020, “INHIBITING THE GROWTH OF FERMENTATIVE BACTERIA IN NEERA USING GENE MODIFICATION”, Compendium of “RESEARCH INSIGHTS OF LIFE SCIENCE STUDENTS” (ISBN: 978-81-947154-5-0), Volume-2, Chapter-192, pp. 479-481
- Veerapandi L, Bumaasri., 2020, “COLD PLASMA: EMERGING AS THE NEW STANDARD IN FOOD SAFETY”, Compendium of “RESEARCH INSIGHTS OF LIFE SCIENCE STUDENTS” (ISBN: 978-81-947154-5-0), Volume-2, Chapter-158, pp. 389-391.
- Attended Faculty Development programme on “Two days capacity building workshop for teachers of higher education on CADD” to be held between Feb 3rd &4th, 2020 organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, A.C.Tech Campus, Anna University.
- Attended Faculty Development programme on “CH6701 – Chemical Reaction Engineering II” from 27.05.19 to 31.05.2019 organized by M S University, Tirunelveli.333q
Conferences and workshops
- Presented a paper in National Conference on Research and Innovation in Aquatic Foods and fishing Vessel Technology, conducted by AMET University (2020).
- Presented a poster in National Conference on “Biological Process – issues, Challenges &opportunities”, conducted by MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi (2018).
- Presented a poster in “EMERGINGTRENDS INFOOD TECHNOLOGY- conducted by Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Sivakasi (2015).
- Attended an Animal care & handling workshop organized by Department of Biotechnology, REC & Jc Ed – Institute for Science Scholars Enrichment, Chennai & Society of Biological Chemists, India, REC.
- Attended an Workshop on Poster Making For Research Presentation – Nutrition Society of India, Chennai & Centre For Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai.
- New product development
- Food quality
- Computer aided Drug designing
- Value addition and waste utilization
- Lead optimization of biomolecules
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For Admission please contact: Quick Facts © 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions
SAINTGITS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170
For Admission please contact:
© 2019 Saintgits Group of Institutions