Saintgits College of Engineering prides itself on its global education perspective that’s in harmony with the fast-changing scenario in technology. With a 1:10 teacher-student ratio, Saintgits College of Engineering’s top-quality faculty nurtures the students into young achievers with a wholesome set of values.
The emphasis is not only on academic excellence but the development of the overall personality of a student. We take special care to ensure that new ideas are not merely discussed here but executed well, keep us steadfast on the path of innovation.
Shri Thomas T John
Saintgits started its journey in 2002 with the opening of self-financing education sector in Kerala. It was started by a group of highly educated, well respected, experienced and widely travelled personalities who have a high level of value systems and commitment to the society at large. They started this as a “Charitable Society” with the intention and vision of providing and bringing world class education to this part of the region.
Initial Phase: Saintgits College of Engineering, initially started with just three branches (Civil, Mechanical and Electrical) having only 180 students. Since then, the college has grown manifold and has the august presence of highly esteemed teachers and guidance from educational gurus.
Journey So Far:
- Engineering: With the great support and blessings of the satisfied students, parents, industry and blessings of almighty, the Institution has grown today to a level of having 3000 plus students with 1200 residential students (both boys and girls). Today Engineering College has grown to have nine sought after branches and six MTech courses to choose from.
- Management: In 2005, Saintgits started offering its MBA (Saintgits Institute of Management) which offers specialization in HR, Marketing, Finance, and Operations. It is affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technology University, Trivandrum.
- Applied Sciences: Saintgits College of Applied Sciences started in 2004 and today it is rated as one of the best and highly sought-after institutions under Mahatma Gandhi University. College offer its students, the option of choosing BCom, MCom, BBA, BCA and BA (Corporate Economics – a special course offered only by Saintgits in Kerala).
- MCA: MCA was started in 2004 and has both Regular and Lateral courses with highly qualified faculty and well-equipped Infrastructure.
Cultural / Techno Cultural Festivals, All India Exhibitions, Showcasing Talents: Saintgits cultural festivals are very popular across several states of India and large number of students participate from across India.
The major fests include: “Nakshatra” Techno-cultural fest of Engineering College, “Samyuktha” of MCA, “Simthesis” of MBA and “Gitsblitz” of Applied Sciences. Saintgits is proud to conduct an all India Project Exhibition called “SRISHTI”, which has grown to a stature of having participation from 17 states with registration of 1000 plus projects. Saintgits also has internal cultural festivals, separately for each institution, to showcase students’ talents.
Recognitions / Mile Stones: Saintgits is proud to be recognized by different organizations / achieved different milestones:
(a) Engineering College:
- NBA certified B Tech Courses in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Electrical & Communication and Computer Science and MCA (One among the two NBA accredited colleges in South India)
- Institution of Engineers Accreditation.
- ISO Certification
- 57 University Ranks over the years
- NBA Accredited
- “2nd Best MBA Institute in Kerala 2013, 2014 & 2016 – By Hansa Week Survey
- 43rd Best “B – School” in South India 2016 – By Hansa Week Survey
- Gold Rated by AICTE – CII Survey 2015
- A+++ Category B School by Business India Survey 2015
(c) Applied Sciences:
- NAAC Accreditation
- ISO Certification
- Ten University Ranks over the years
My Journey with Saintgits: I am an Alumni of “IIM Bangalore (Business Management)” and “NIT Nagpur (Civil Engineering). I also possess Masters in Personnel Management (Pune University) and Applied Psychology (Annamalai University). It is my privilege to be associated with Saintgits since 2013, after my stint with Entrepreneurial Venture, my long stint in the Defence Services and Corporate life.
Saintgits is committed to providing “Genuine Care” to students and to all its stakeholders and has been working continuously on improving its strong mentoring systems and other institutional systems and will continue to work relentlessly.
We are thankful to all our Alumni, Students, Parents, Faculty, Staff, Industry, Well Wishers and People of Pathamuttom for their wholehearted support in taking Saintgits to the World’s Educational Map. We will continue to strive hard to become one of the most sought-after institutions in the world.
Let God guide each one of us further through this journey.
Lt Col John Jacob