Dr Mariam Ciby
Designation: Resource Person
Area: Human Resource & Law
Education: PhD Management, MHRM, B E
After completing a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering, Dr Mariam pursued master’s degree in Human Resource Management. She was a senior research fellow at Department of Management Studies, Pondicherry (Central) University, Pondicherry and was awarded PhD in Management. Her interest areas are Workplace Bullying, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, and Qualitative Research. She has both industry and teaching experience.
- PhD in Management (Full time UGC-SRF) from the Department of Management Studies, Pondicherry Central University, December 2016
- UGC NET, and JRF in the subject of Human Resource Management/ Personnel Management, November 2011
- UGC NET in the subject of Management, June 2011
- Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM)from Rajagiri School of Management, Cochin, Mahatma Gandhi University, 2007
- B E (Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering),Avinashilingam Deemed University, Coimbatore, 2005
- Adjunct Faculty, Saintgits Institute of Management, Pathamuttom, Kottayam, August 2017 till date
- Lecturer, St Antony’s Management & Technology, Kanjirapally, Kottayam, 2009-2011
- HR Executive, Resource Management Lead, Tata Consultancy Services, Chennai, 2007-2008
Areas of Interest
Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour
- ‘Workplace Bullying and Physical Ill-Health: Mediating Role of Negative Emotions and Moderating Role of Perceived Organizational Support’ presented in the seminar on ‘Indian Perspectives on Workplace Bullying and Mobbing’ held at IIM Ahmedabad in June 2017
- ‘Measuring Workplace Bullying in the Indian IT sector’ presented at Research Development Association Conference held at Pondicherry in December 2014
- ‘Exploring Victims’ Experiences of Workplace Bullying: a grounded theory approach’ presented at Indian Academy of Management Conference held at IIM Ahmedabad in December 2012
Publications / Chapters/ Cases/ Book Review
- Ciby, M, & Raya, R P (2014). Exploring Victims’ Experiences of Workplace Bullying: Grounded Theory Approach. Vikalpa, Sage Publications, 39(2), 69-82.
- Ciby, M, & Raya, R P (2015). Workplace Bullying: A Review of the Defining Features, Measurement Methods, and Prevalence across Continents. IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review, Sage Publications, 4(1), 38-47.
- Ciby, M & Raya, R P (2018). Workplace Bullying and Physical Health: Role of negative emotions and perceived organizational support. In D’Cruz, P & Noronha E, Indian Perspectives on Workplace Bullying. Springer Publications (In Press).
- Junior Research Fellow, Department of Management Studies, Pondicherry University, 2012-2014
- Senior Research Fellow, Department of Management Studies, Pondicherry University, 2014-2016
Phone: +91 9207462909