Ms. Priyanka Menon
Designation: Assistant Professor (Adjunct)
Education: Ph.D. Economics-Finance (Thesis Submitted)
Ms. Priyanka Menon has done her PhD in Economics-Finance (Thesis submitted) from the Institute for Financial Management and Research, Chennai (Now IFMR GSB). She pursued her Master of Sciences in Economics (M. Sc. 5-year integrated Economics) from Pondicherry University, Puducherry.
- D. in Economics-Finance (2015- till present) , Thesis Submitted in February 2020, Institute for Financial Management and Research (Now, IFMR GSB).
- Sc. Five-year integrated Economics (2010-2015), Pondicherry University
- Research assistant: Market-led Rural Development Approaches: A Systematic Training Review, funded by DFID, 2016-2017.
Areas of Interest
- Environmental Economics
- Development Economics
- Menon, P. (2019), The road to banking the unbanked: Financial inclusion and Financial inclusion 6th Annual Symposium of the Society for Economic Measurement, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany, 16th -18th August, 2019
- Menon P, (2019), Carbon emission, energy consumption, trade openness and financial development: An Indian Story 55th Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society, National Institute for Securities Market, Mumbai, India, 7th -10th January, 2019
- Menon P. (2018), Re investigation into the relation between financial development and investments in India 2nd International Conference on Economics and Finance, BITS Pilani, Goa Campus, 16th -17th February, 2018
- Menon, P. (2020) , Is the finance -growth relation non-linear? A panel study 2nd Rajagiri Conference on Economics and Finance, Virtual platform, 5th – 6th November, 2020
- Menon P. (2017), Link between Financial Development and Economic Growth 10th Doctoral Thesis IBS-IGIDR Conference, IBS Hyderabad, India , 20th– 22nd April, 2017
Publications / Chapters/ Cases/ Book Review
- Menon, P. (2018). The rise of the shadow economy: An Indian perspective. Journal of Public Affairs, e1880.
- Menon, P., & Kumar, L. (2018). Reinvestigation into the relation between financial development and investments in India. Asian Journal of Empirical Research, 8(8), 307-320.
- Menon, P. (2019). Financial inclusion, banking the unbanked: Concepts, issues, and policies for India. Journal of Public Affairs, e1911.
- Menon, P. (2019). An Indian story on carbon emission, energy consumption, trade openness, and financial development. Journal of Public Affairs, e1953.
- R-software at the 55th TIES Conference at National Institute for Securities Market, January 2019.
- Advanced Macroeconomics Thinking at Azim Premji University, August 2018.
- Research Methodology and Applied Econometrics workshop held at the Central University of Tamil Nadu in collaboration with The Indian Econometrics Society (TIES), March 2017.
- Panel data workshop at Institute for Financial Management and Research, January 2017.
- Frontiers of Development workshop at the Institute for Financial Management and Research, November 2016.
- Three-day Residential Training Workshop on Systematic Reviews and Evidence Summary organized by the ePPI Centre, LIRNE Asia and The UK aid at Colombo, Sri Lanka, April 2016.
- Diploma in Foreign Trade (2014-2015), Pondicherry University
- Diploma in Investment Management (2013-2014), Pondicherry University
- Certificate course in French (2011-2012), Pondicherry University
Mobile: +91 9747280360
SAINTGITS INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Tel: +91 481 2435960
For Admission please contact:
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585