Dr. Hena M.
Designation: Assistant Professor (Senior)
Education: PhD (Rural Marketing Management)
Dr. Hena. M has completed her PhD in Rural Marketing Management from Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur and her thesis work titled “Value Chain Analysis of Black Pepper in Kerala”. She has 8 years of teaching experience in UAE and in India. She worked as a faculty member in Emirates Institute of Banking and Financial Studies (EIBFS) Abu Dhabi, UAE and an Assistant Professor (contract) in College of Cooperation, Banking and Management, Thrissur. She has 9 years of forex and banking sector experience in UAE. Her core areas of interest are rural marketing, consumer behavior, global value chains and sustainability development. She has presented a paper in ICABML 2018 at Dubai Business School, University of Dubai, UAE and attended FDP on Research and Publication Strategy for Academic Career at Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIMK).
- PhD (Rural Marketing Management) 2016 – 20, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur. Area: Value Chain Analysis
- MBA (Finance) 2007-2010, IGNOU, New Delhi.
- MSc (Rural Marketing Management) 2000-02, College of Co-operation, Banking and Management, Thrissur.
- BSc (Cooperation and Banking) 1995- 00, College of Co-operation, Banking and Management, Thrissur.
- Assistant Professor (on Contract) at College of Cooperation, Banking and Management, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur. Aug.2015 to Sept.2016 and June to Dec. 2019.
- Lecturer in Emirates Institute of Banking and Financial Studies, Abu Dhabi, UAE, May 2014 to April 2015.
- Lecturer (Management) at Capital Educational Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Feb.2008 to June 2013.
- Full-time Research Scholar, 2016 – 2019. Doctoral research on “Value Chain Analysis of black pepper in Kerala”.
- Financial Performance of Union National Bank PJSC (Ratio Analysis), 2010, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Full-Time Research Scholar, 2000- 02, Thesis work on “SWOT Analysis of the agrochemical distribution system in Thrissur District”, Kerala.
- Analysis of Overdues in Pazhayakunnumel Service Cooperative Bank Ltd. 2000, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Compliance Officer, Operations, Retail Banking, National Bank of Fujairah, Abu Dhabi, UAE,
Dec.2013 to Jan. 2015.
- Compliance Officer, Operations, Retail Banking, Union National Bank, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Oct. 2007 to Nov. 2013
- Accounts Assistant, Al Ansari Exchange Co. Abu Dhabi, UAE, July 2003 to June 2006
- Hena, M & Ushadevi, K.N. (2018), Theorizing agriculture value chains: Integrating small holder producers to overcome hurdles, 2nd International Conference on Advances in Business, Management and Law (ICABML 2018), Dubai Business School, University of Dubai, UAE, 24th -25th November 2018.
- Hena, M.(2015), Consumer awareness towards green marketing, 1st UGC Sponsored International Conference on Emerging Trends in Finance and Management (ICETFM 2015), MES Asmabi College, Thrissur, Kerala, 26th -27th November, 2015.
- Hena, M. (2015), Prospects of green marketing and its strategies, International Conference on Current Trends in Management Research and its relevance to Indian Industry (PLACITUM 2015), Sree Narayana Gurukulam College of Engineering, Ernakulam, Kerala, 20th – 21st November 2015.
- Hena, M & Ushadevi, K.N. (2017), Fair Trade Alliance and Quality assurance of selected organic products, National Conference on New Paradigms in Business and Management (NCNPBM 2017) School of Management Studies, CUSAT, Kochi. 20th-21st April 2017.
- Hena, M. (2015), Role of agripreneurs in agriculture development, UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Emerging Dimensions in Entrepreneurship, Marthoma College for Women, Ernakulam, 3rd – 4th December 2015.
- Hena, M. (2015), Rural Tourism and Need for Rural Infrastructure, UGC sponsored National Seminar on Infrastructure and Economic Development: Present scenario challenges and future options, St. Mary’s College, Thrissur, 15th – 16th September 2015.
Research Articles in Refereed/ISBN/Indexed Journals
- Hena, M., & Ushadevi, K.N. (2020). Value chain governance: Formal and informal rules within black pepper value chain in India. SELP Journal of Social Science, XI (43), 36-42.
- Hena, M (2019). Theorizing agriculture value chains: integrating small holder producers to overcome hurdles. International Conference on Advances in Business and Law (ICABL), 2(1), 159-164. https://doi.org/10.30585/icabml-cp.v2i1.271
- Hena, M. (2017). Farmer-Agribusiness linkage in Kerala, India: A case study of Elements Homestead Products Pvt. Ltd. International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Literature, 5(11), 102-105.
- Hena, M. (2017). Factors determining the adoption of polyhouse farming in Thrissur District. International Journal of Social Science, 6(4), 78-85.
- Hena, M., & Chandran, V. (2017). Institutional support to polyhouse farmers in Thrissur district. SELP Journal of Social Science, VIII (34), 9-15.
- Hena, M., & Athira, T.P. (2016). Role of Fair Trade Alliance Kerala in quality assurance of selected organic products. Southern Economist, 55(14), 25-29.
- Hena, M. (2016). Export marketing of pepper: Opportunities and Constraints. Asia Pacific Journal of Research, 1(XXXVIII), 21-26.
- Hena, M. (2016). Consumer’s perception towards Suguna daily fresh retail outlets. International Journal of Applied Research, 2(3), 78-83.
- Hena, M. (2015). Agripreneurs: Loom for agriculture development in India. Intercontinental Journal of Marketing Management, 2(4), 35-41.
- Hena, M. (2015). Green Marketing: An assessment on awareness in Thrissur Corporation. International Journal of Engineering and Management Research, 5(6), 93-98.
- Hena, M. (2015). Rural Tourism: Marketing mix, challenges and benefits in India. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development, 2(12), 18-24.
- NET qualified in Management (2012)
- Received Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from Kerala Agricultural University for Post-Graduation and PhD.
Certification on Trading for Development in the Age of Global Value Chains: World Development Report 2020, Open Learning Campus (OLC), World Bank Group.
SAINTGITS INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Tel: +91 481 2435960
For Admission please contact:
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585