Dr Latha K
Designation: Assistant Professor (Senior)
Education: PhD, MBA, AMT
Dr Latha K has 15 years of experience in academics and two years of experience in industry. After graduation in BBA with 7th rank and post graduation in MBA with 2nd rank, she started her career as Marketing Coordinator at IPSR solutions Ltd. She has achieved her PhD from Karpagam University, Coimbatore in Management and has secured the Best Research Paper Award for her research article in the international Conference organized by International Association of Research & Development Organization (IARDO), New Delhi in association with Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. She has presented papers in International Conferences conducted at IIM – Indore, IIM – Calicut, XLRI – Jamshedpur and also the IIT – Delhi and Millikan University, USA organized conference at Bangkok, Thailand. She has more than 20 published research papers in International and national journals to her credit. Her areas of interests include Integrated Marketing Communications, Retail Business Management, Marketing Research and Services Marketing. Dr Latha has functioned as a subject expert in the interview board in connection with the interview of MBA. Students for Government of Kerala, in 2014.
• PhD (Management) – Karpagam University, Coimbatore. Area: Industrial Relations
• MBA – (Marketing & Human Resource Management) – Mudurai Kamaraj University
• BBA – Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala
• Accredited Management Teacher (AMT) in Human Resource Management (AIMA, New Delhi)
• Senior Assistant Professor – Special Grade, Dept of Business Administration, Saintgits Institute of Management, Kottayam, January 2016 to till date.
• Associate Professor, Dept of Business Administration, Girideepam Business School, August 2005 to January 2016
• Lecturer, Dept of Business Administration, MMNSS College, Konni, January 2003 to January 2005
2 years industrial experience as Marketing Coordinator at IPSR Solutions Ltd, public limited IT company based at Kottayam, (from January 2001 to January 2003) and
3 months experience as Marketing Research Executive at Bajaj Auto Ltd.
Areas of Interest
Integrated Marketing Communications, Marketing Management, Marketing Research, Retail Business Management, Services Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Research Methodology and Industrial Relations
(i). Papers presented in International Conferences
1. Women Empowerment Through Rural Women Worker Cooperatives: An Empirical Study with Special Reference to Dairy Cooperatives in Kerala, India, International Conference on the theme ‘Business and Entrepreneurship Development in a Globalized and Digitalized Era’ Organizers – Millikin University, USA and 23 other universities of Thailand, Malaysia, USA, IIT – Delhi etc. held at NIDA Business School, Bangkok Jul. 1, 2018 to Jul. 4, 2018.
2. Impact of Dairy Cooperatives on the Women Empowerment of Rural Kerala: An Empirical Study with Special Reference to Dairy Cooperatives. International Conference on ‘Worker Cooperatives’, Organized by ILO, International Cooperative Alliance (Asia- Pacific), European Union and IIM – K, from Apr. 29, 2018 to May 1, 2018 at IIM-K.
3. Relevant Factors of IR in Rubber Products Manufacturing Industry of Kerala: Do the Perception level of Managerial and Non-managerial Personnel Differ? International Conference on “Entrepreneurship & Sustainability: A Skill India Perspective organized by “International Association of Research & Development Organization (IARDO) In Association with Footwear Design & Development Institute, (FDDI), Noida, Uttar Pradesh (Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India held at Indian Federation of United Nations Associations, New Delhi on Jul. 16, 2017.
4. Consumer Behaviour and Consumption Pattern on Branded Instant Noodles: Empirical evidence from consumers of Kerala IIM – Indore – NASMEI, Summer Marketing Conference – International Conference on Creating Customer Value, IIM – Indore in collaboration with North American Society for Marketing Education in India (NASMEI) from Jul. 27-29, 2017.
5. Impact of Industrial Relations on Organizational Performance – A Study of Kerala Based Rubber Products Manufacturing Industry, on Rewriting the Roles: Advancing Employment Relations in work environment’ at XLRI Jamshedpur from Dec. 3-4, 2016.
6. An Evaluation of Innovative Management Practices in an Indian Manufacturing Unit with Special Reference to Organizational Efficiency, International conference on ‘Management Next – New Paradigms and Innovations’, at S.B College, Changanacherry, on Jan. 13-14, 2012.
7. The Self Help Group Bank Linkage Programme (SBLP) – Issues that challenge the sustainability of SHGs and the possible solutions, International Conference on Rural Markets, (ICRM 2010) at M G University, Kottayam, Kerala. Organizers – Institute of Human Resources Advancement, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka & M G University, Kottayam, 2010.
2. Papers presented in National Conferences
1. An Enquiry on Customer Awareness with reference to Green Marketing of Automobiles – An Empirical Study Conducted at Kottayam, to Explore the Basic Parameters for Development of New Marketing Strategy, at the National Seminar on ‘Green Management and Technology’, organized by Department of Management Studies, Mangalam College of Engineering and Technology in association with the Advanced Centre of Environmental Studies and Sustainable Development, M G University, BPCL Kochi Refinery and Hindustan Newsprint Ltd (HNL), Kottayam, Kerala, 2011.
2. Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and its impact on Employee Efficiency’, at the 3rd Annual Research Congress (KUARC), at Karpagam University, Coimbatore Dec. 9-10, 2011.
3. Issues that Challenge the Sustainability of Industrial Relations Systems in the Changed Industrial Scenario and the Possible Solutions’, at the National Conference on ‘Looming Opportunities & Threats’ – 2013, Organized by Dept of management studies, Karpagam University, Coimbatore held on Sep. 28, 2012.
4.Training & Development Programmes for Improved Employee Performance : A Comparative Study of Selected Organizations from Rubber Products Industry and News Paper Industry,’ at the 4th Annual Research Congress – KUARC – 2012, Karpagam University, Coimbatore held on Nov. 29-30, 2012.
5. Industrial Relations Practices in Kerala Rubber Products Manufacturing Industry – A Tale of Two Tyre Majors, at the 5th Annual Research Congress -KUARC-2013, Karpagam University, Coimbatore held on Dec. 8, 2013.
Publications / Chapters/ Cases/ Book Review
1. Business Development And Women Empowerment Through Rural Women Worker Cooperatives: An Empirical Study With Special Reference To Dairy Cooperatives In Kerala, India Advances in Global Business Research Volume # 15 (Issue # 1) ISSN 1549 – 9332) Page no 529 to 543, October 2018.
2.Impact of Dairy Cooperatives on the Women Empowerment of Rural Kerala: An Empirical Study with Special Reference to Dairy Cooperatives, International Conference on Worker Cooperatives, ISBN No.978-81-926239-4-8, Page Nos 174-183, May 2018.
3.Consumer Behaviour and Consumption Pattern on Branded Instant Noodles: Empirical evidence from consumers of Kerala, IIM – Indore – NASMEI Summer Marketing Conference – International Conference on Creating Customer Value, Emerald Publishing (India) Pvt Ltd. ISBN: 978 – 1 – 78635-416-7, May 2017.
4.An Empirical study on Sustainable Industrial Relations Factors in Kerala Rubber Products Manufacturing Industry. International Index Journal ‘Paripex’-Indian Journal of Research. ISSN No.2250 -1991, Volume: 4, No.4 April 2015, (Impact Factor: 3.4163).
5. A systematic review of research on Industrial Relations. Lux Montis – Peer reviewed Bi- annual Research Journal – ISSN 2321-8053 Vol.2. No.1 July 2014.
6. Training & Development Programmes for Improved Employee Performance: A comparative study of Selected Organizations from Rubber Products Industry and newspaper Industry. Asian Journal of Multidimensional Research (AJMR) Vol. 2, Issue 2, Feb 2013 (ISSN Online): ISSN No. 2278-4853, Listed at: Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory, ProQuest, USA.
7. Customer awareness with reference to Green Marketing of Automobiles – An empirical study to explore the basic parameters for development of a new marketing strategy. Lux Montis – Peer reviewed bi-annual Research Journal – ISSN 2321-8053 Vol.1. No.1 July 2013.
8. Issues that Challenge the sustainability of Industrial Relations Systems in the Changed Industrial Scenario and the Possible Solutions, Karpagam University Research Journal – ISBN No. 978-93-82338-23-9 September 2012.
9. Impact of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Practices on Productivity at MRF LTD’. DEECEE school Journal of organizational Management – ISSN No. 0972-9003. Vol 111 Issue 1 September 2011. Pg 4-22.
10. The Self Help Group Bank Linkage Programme (SBLP) – Issues that challenge the sustainability of SHGs and the possible solutions’, Research Lines- ISSN No.0975-8941, Vol. IV, No.1-B, January-June 2011.
11. Indian Dairy Sector: Status and strategies for achieving a Second White Revolution, Research Scholar, Referred Interdisciplinary Research Journal – Scholars Association of Kerala, ISSN No. 2249-6696, Vol. 1, No.1, September 2011.
1. Organized the ‘NIPM –student Chapter Inauguration @ Saintgits’ program at Saintgits Institute of Management on Oct. 12, 2018.
2. Coordinated the two-day Workshop on ‘Entrepreneurship Development’ conducted in association with ICT, IEDC and Kerala Start up mission, on Sep. 24-25, 2018 at Saintgits Institute of Management.
3. Coordinated the Program ‘Interaction with social Entrepreneur’ at Saintgits Institute of Management on Aug. 9, 2018.
4. Coordinated the National level Seminar on ‘Continuing Management Education Series: An update on Emerging Trends on PF and ESI schemes, in association with NIPM at Joyees Residency, Kottayam in August 2016.
5. Coordinated the ‘Women’s day programme’ on Mar. 18, 2016 at Saintgits Institute of Management.
6. Coordinated the National Seminar on Emerging Management Scenario sponsored by Mahatma Gandhi University, organized by Girideepam Institute of advanced Learning on Nov.13, 2006.
7. Coordinated the national seminar on ‘India’s self-sufficiency in agricultural sector’ organized by Girideepam Institute of advanced Learning in August 2008.
8. Conducted more than 10 training sessions for young entrepreneurs as part of Rural Self Employment Training programs of State Bank of Travancore in 2016, 2017 & 2018.
Mobile: +91 9447019173