Dr. Mohammed Iqbal
Designation: Assistant Professor (Sr.)
Area: Finance and Accounting
Education: M.Com (BF), Ph. D
Dr Mohammed Iqbal completed his Ph. D in the area of finance from Pondicherry University. His Ph. D thesis was titled ‘Information asymmetry in Indian equity market’ that investigates the information asymmetry and related problems pertaining to Indian equity market. Prior to joining Saintgits, he was a finance faculty at IFIM Business School Bangalore (Now Jagdish Sheth School of Management) and Madanapally Institute of Technology and Science, Madanapally. He have also worked with CL Educate Ltd in a research consultancy role during 2018-19.
- D (Finance), Pondicherry University, 2013 – 2019.
- Com (Business Finance), Pondicherry University, 2010 – 2012.
- Com (Computer Application), University of Calicut, 2007 – 2010.
- Assistant Professor, Madanapally Institute of Technology and Science – Madanapally, Sep 2020 – June 2021.
- Assistant Professor, IFIM Business School – Bangalore, Aug 2019 – March 2020.
- Research Mentor, CL Educate Ltd – Bangalore, Nov 2018 – July 2019.
- Iqbal and S. Santhakumar (2017) ‘Annual report readability and information asymmetry’, 17th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR) Conference, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Iqbal and S. Santhakumar (2017) ‘Annual report comprehensibility of Indian companies’, International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance (ICFMCF), Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Iqbal and S. Santhakumar (2016) ‘Information asymmetry and its sources in Indian equity market’, Indian Finance Association 6th India Finance Conference, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Iqbal and S. Santhakumar (2016) ‘Information asymmetry and insider trading in Indian equity market’, The Indian Econometric Society 52nd Annual conference, Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode.
- Iqbal and S. Santhakumar (2014) ‘Information asymmetry and insider trading in Indian equity market’, 14th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR) Conference, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Iqbal & S. Santhakumar (2018), Information asymmetry and insider trade profitability in India. Journal of Indian Business Research, Emerald Publishing.
- Iyengar et.al & M. Iqbal (2020), Efficient Frontier and Perception of Investors: A Risk Analysis. Test Engineering and Management.
- Shivaprasad et.al & M. Iqbal (2020) Determinants of entrepreneurial crowd funding success and awareness of crowdfunding among entrepreneurs. Journal of Critical Reviews.
FDP/ Workshop attended
- Workshop on Plagiarism detection with Urkund, October 2015. INFLIBNET Centre, Ananda Rangapillai Library, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- Financial Research Workshop, November 2014. The Financial Research and Trading Laboratory, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Kolkata.
- Workshop on ‘R Software’, August 2013. The Indian Econometric Society. Department of Economics, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- Faculty Development Programme on Application of Econometrics for Management Research, June 2013. ABV Indian Institute of Information Technology& Management, Gwalior.
- Author workshop, January 2013. Springer and Edanz. Department of Information Science & Technology, Anna University, Chennai.
Passed UGC National Eligibility Test in Commerce – 2013
Received UGC Moulana Azad National Fellowship for Ph. D studies (MANJRF & MANSRF)
SAINTGITS INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Tel: +91 481 2435960
For Admission please contact:
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585