Dr Roji George
Designation : Dean & Professor
Area : Finance & Economics
Education : MBA, Ph.D., PDF
The Dean of Saintgits Institute of Management, Dr Roji George is also a Finance professor and an AIMA Accredited Management Teacher. He earned his Doctorate in Management from Bharathiar University (Corporate Restructuring) and a Post-Doctoral title in the area of Corporate Finance with financial support from ICSSR. With more than two decades of teaching experience, Dr. George has published extensively in the area of corporate finance and gives frequent presentations about his work to both academic and nonacademic audiences. An ardent researcher he has published one book on Privatization & Financial Performance and edited four books on Finance and Banking. He has produced three Ph D graduates, one Post-Doctoral graduate and has presented papers in leading national and international conferences in the areas of Banking, Corporate Finance and Corporate Restructuring. He has functioned as a chair for technical sessions and has organized numerous refereed conferences and FDPs. Dr Roji is a member of the Board of Examiners for universities and professional accounting institutions of India apart from being Expert Member in the Board of Studies (BoS) of Bharathiar University, Coimbatore and Syllabus Committee member of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. Dr Roji George was the President of Travancore Management Association (TRAMA), the local chapter of AIMA, New Delhi.
Post Doctoral- Post Doctoral Work with Fellowship from Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi, 21010-12 : Area : Corporate Finance
PhD (Management) 2004-08, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. Area : Corporate Restructuring
MBA (Finance & Marketing) – 1993-95, Madras University.
BSc (Mathematics & Statistics) – 1990-93 Calicut University.
- Dean, Saintgits Institute of Management,
- Kottayam, Kerala, from October 2013 till date .
Associate Dean, Saintgits Institute of Management, Kottayam, Kerala, from October 2010. to September 2013
- Professor, Saintgits Institute of Management, Kottayam, Kerala, from, July 2010
- Associate Professor, Saintgits Institute of Management, Kottayam, Kerala, July 2007 to January 2010
- Senior Lecturer, School of Management, Karunya University, Coimbatore, Sept 2004 to June 2007.
- Senior Lecturer, CMS Institute of Management Studies, Coimbatore, August 1998 to Sept. 2004
- Lecturer, VGP School of Management, Chennai, June 1996 to July 1998
- Post Doctoral Fellow , Indian Council of Social Science Research , New Delhi at Saintgits Institute of Management , Kottayam, February 2010 to January 2012
- Part time Research Scholar – Doctoral Programme 2004-2008.
Areas of Interest
- Financial Management
- Corporate finance
- Banking and
- Family Business
- Member satisfaction in Urban Cooperative banks : Scale Determination, 4th Biannual Indian Academy of Management Conference, IIM Lucknow, 11-13, December, 2015, Noida Campus
- Objectives of Mergers & Acquisitions: A Study on Indian Firms” at the 5th International Conference on Emerging Financial Markets held at PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore on 27th & 28th December 2012.
- “Member Satisfaction in Urban Co-operative Banks: Final Scale Determination” In 4th International Conference on Corporate Governance conducted by Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad on 10th & 11th December 2012,
- “Level of Competition in Indian Mutual Fund Industry: An Analysis” International Conference on Emerging Trends in Finance & Accounting, held at SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore, 3rd & 4th August 2012.
- “Member satisfaction in urban co-operative banks: definition and preliminary scale determination” International Conference on Emerging Trends in Finance & Accounting SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore, 3rd & 4th August 2012.
- “Why Firms Reverse Split Their Shares? A Literature Review” 8th AIMS International Conference on Management organised by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad, during January 1-4, 2011
- “Research in Reverse Share Split: A Review” International Conference on Economic Asymmetries & Globalization: Challenges and opportunities organized IIM- Lucknow and Athenian Policy Forum during January 16 – 18, 2010
- “Market reaction towards Corporate Name Changes- A study on NSE firms” 1st International Inaugural Conference of Indian Academy of Management organized by XLRI, Jamshedpur, during 28th to 30th December 2009
- “Dividend Behavior of Indian corporate after share split” International Conference on Economics and Finance, organized by IBS, Bangalore, during 8 & 9th January 2009.
- “A Performance Evaluation of Old Private Sector Banking Industry in India,” International Conference on Doing Business in India conducted by IFIM Business School, Banglore, during 18 -19th December 2008
- “Statistical Model to Estimate Dividend in Indian Private Sector Banks”, 3rd AIMS International Conference on Management conducted by AIMS International and IIM Ahmadabad at IIM A during January 1-4, 2006.
- “A Study on Cross Selling in Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd” International Conference on Business Economics and Finance 2005, conducted by Adaikalamatha Institute of Management, Thanjavur, during 29 & 30 Sept. 05
- “Economic Value added and Its Computation in Indian Banks” 2nd International Refereed Conference on Business and Finance 2004 conducted by ICFAI University Hyderabad and Philadelphia University, USA at Hyderabad during 27 & 28 Dec. 2004
National conferences/seminars (Selected)
- “Rewriting the Roles : Advancing Employment Relations in Work environment’, National HR-IR conference organized by, XLRI-JAMSHEDPUR, 3rd & 4th Dec, 2016
- “Business Models for Startups and Small Firms: SSIs in Rubber Products Manufacturing Industry of Kerala”, NCBM 2016- national conference on business models Organized by Mahathma Gandhi University , Kottayam, held on 25th & 26th Feb, 2016
- “Issues that Challenges the sustainability of industrial Relation System was presented in national conference on Looming Opportunities & Threats -2013 organised by Karpagam University, Coimbatore on 28th September, 2012.
- “ Performance evaluation of privatized PSUs in India” Doctoral Thesis Conference organized by ICFAI Business School at Hyderabad during March 9th and 10th, 2007.
- “Relevance of Benjamin Graham’s Investment Philosophy in Indian Context” National Conference on Business Optimization Research Wave, jointly organized by IIT Mumbai and NITIE Mumbai during February 15 -17, 2007.
- “Consolidation: An inevitable Opportunity for Kerala based Private Banks” Conferences on Global Competitiveness conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, during 23 & 24 March 2006
- “New Dimensions on Corporate Dividend Policy” UGC Sponsored National Seminar on New Issue market in the Post Liberalisation Era, Department of Commerce, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli.
Publications / Chapters/ Cases/ Book Review
- Recent Trends in Finance and Banking (Edn) Excel Publishers, New Delhi, 2012
- Privatization & Financial Performance: An Indian Experience, Lambert Academic Publishing. Germany, 2011
- Rediscovering Finance & Banking (Edn), Excel Publishers, N. Delhi, 2010
- Finance & Banking: A Collection of Contemporary Research (Edn), Excel Publishers, N. Delhi, 2009
- Finance & Banking: An Anthology of Contemporary Research (Edn), Excel Publishers, N. Delhi, 2008
Research Articles in Books
- “EVA in Indian banks” In Gopal Krishna Murthy G (Edn) Efficiency in Commercial Banks – A Global Perspective, ICFAI Press, Hyderabad, 2008
- “Economic Value added and Its Computation in Indian Banks” in Banking, Insurance and Financial Services (Vol. 1) V. Narender & H. Amalraj (Ed.), ICFAI Books, The ICFAI Press pp 57 -76., 2004
Research Articles in Refereed /ISBN/ indexed journals
- “Organisational Characteristics Prevalent In BPO Industry, International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies
- “An empirical study on relevant industrial relations factors in Kerala Rubber products manufacturing Industry, Indian Journal of Research, 2015, Volume: 4, No.4 April
- “Member Trust’s impact on Member Satisfaction and Organizational Performance: Development of a Conceptual Model”, Life Science Journal, 2013, Vol.X(2), pp. 604-9.
- “Member Satisfaction in Urban co-operative banks: definition and preliminary scale determination” Journal of Emerging Financial Markets, 2013, Vol. II (2), pp.27-38
- “Price Reactions to Index reorganization Announcements – Indian Evidence” Paradigm, 2009, Vol. XIII (2), pp.88-97
- “A CAMEL Model Performance Analysis of Old Generation Banks in India” Business Perspectives, 2009, Vol. 11 (1) pp 13-26
- “Dividend Behavior of Indian Corporate After Share Split” Indian Journal of Economics and Business, 2009, Vol. 8 (1), pp. 135-143
- “Preference Capital : an Untapped source of Capital in India” Management Trend. 2008, Vol. 5 (2), pp 75-82
- “Relevance Benjamin Graham’s Investment Philosophy in India: An Examination” Effulgence, 2008, Vol. 6 (2) pp. 18-25
- “Indian Evidence : Bonus Issues and Share Price ” SCMS Journal of Indian Management, 2007, Vol. 4(3), pp.74-86
- “Merger : Panacea for Tribulations of Kerala Banks” AIMA Journal of Management & Research, 2007, Vol. 1 (2), pp. 1-12
- “Job Satisfaction Among College Teachers: An Exploratory Study” Nishma, 2007, Vol. 1(1), pp 13-19
- “How Competitive Indian Housing Finance Industry is? An Empirical Analysis” Focus, The International Journal of Management Digest, 2006, Vol. 2 (1) pp 28- 36.
- “Value addition at South Indian Bank Ltd – an EVA Analysis” Udyoga Pragathi, 2006, Vol. 30 (2), pp 1-9
- “Forensic Accounting, a New Area of Accounting” Udyoga Pragathi, 2006, Vol. 30 (1) January – March , pp 30-33
- “A Study on Dividend Policy of Hindustan Constructions Company Ltd. with special reference to Lintner’s Model” Synergy, 2006, Vol. 4 (1), 2006, pp 85- 96.
- “Computation of EVA in Indian Banks” The ICFAI Journal of Bank Management, 2005, Vol. 4. (2), pp 30 – 44
Research Articles in conference proceedings
- “Statistical Model to Estimate Dividend in Indian Private Sector Banks”, Proceedings of Third AIMS International Conference on Management conducted by AIMS International and IIM A during January 1-4, 2006.
- Articles in non indexed journals/ vernacular weeklies (selected)
- “Kerala Banks Layichalulla Nettavum Kottavum” Dhanam, 2006, Volume. XV111 (10), May 31, p.13
- “Kerala Banks Layich Onnayal Endu Sambhavikkum?” Dhanam, 2006, Volume. XV111 (9), May 15, pp.13 – 14
- “Mergers & Acquisitions: Impact of Mode of Payment on Capital Structure and Operating Performance” Productivity Promotion, 2005, Vol. 9 (31), Jan- March, pp 9-17
- “Securitisation”, Organisational Management, 2002,Vol. XV111(1), pp. 22-23
- Member – Indian Academy of Management USA/India
- Executive Committee Member- Travancore Management Association, Kottayam, Kerala
- Associate Member, All India Management Association, New Delhi
Member, Kerala Management Association, Cochin
- Member, Indian Society for Training & Development, Cochin Chapter
- Moderator – SIM Research Forum, a non profit seeking forum of B. research
- Acted as Subject Expert of National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of AICTE
- Ph.D. & M Phil Supervisor, Adjudicator and Doctoral Committee member for Universities: Bharathiar, Anna, Karunya and Karpagam
- Recipient of Post Doctoral Fellowship from ICSSR, New Delhi.
- Examiner for professional Accounting Institutions of India
- Accredited Management Teacher by All India Management Association
- Passed National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (UGC NET) in Management – 1998
Phone : 09495673344
SAINTGITS INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Tel: +91 481 2435960
For Admission please contact:
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585