Ms Nisa James
Designation: Assistant Professor (Senior)
Area: Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
Nisa James, a trained Engineer, holds PGDM and specializes in Systems, Operations and Marketing. She is a UGC NET qualified faculty with academic experience from leading B-Schools in South India and is currently the research scholar at Bharathiar University in Supply Chain Management. She has also contributed a chapter in a book entitled ‘Trends in Retail Store Selection Behaviour’. Her areas of interest include Advertising, Supply Chain Management, and Economics. She has a proven academic track record in her scholastic and non-scholastic activities and has won several prizes in various National Conferences for her Paper presentations.
- Course work completed at Bharathiar University
- Accredited Management Teacher in Operations Management (Certified by AIMA New Delhi)
- UGC NET : Conducted by UGC, June 2011
- PGDM : SCMS-Cochin, 2009 (Systems, Operations and Marketing)
- B.Tech. : Government Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam, 2006
- Lecturer in Berchmans Institute of Management, Changanachery
- Lecturer in Rajalakshmi Institute of Technology, Chennai
Areas of Interest
- Supply Chain Management, Micro Economics, Advertising
- James, N. & George, R. (2018). Supply Chain Practices and Disruption orientation for Mitigating Risks of Supply Disruptions: An Empirical Analysis. XXII Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management (SOM 2018) organized by IIMK. Dec. 20-22, 2018.
- James, N. et.al. (2018). Exploring the application of Blockchain technology in Waste Management. XXII Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management (SOM 2018) organized by IIMK. Dec. 20-22, 2018.
- James, N. & Varghese, T. (2018). A comparative study of various taxonomies of channel influence strategies between two SBUs. Convergence 2018-13th Annual International Conference on Applied Interdisciplinary Research: Emerging Economy Perspectives organized by IFIM Business School in association with Business and Applied Sciences Academy of North America. Dec. 21-22, 2018.
- Green Banking – An Aid in Sustainable Development: A Study of Nationalized Banks in India. International conference on emerging trends in Management organized by Marian International Institute of Management, Dec.12-13 2018.
- Exploring the influence of Environmental Uncertainty and Supply chain practices on Supply chain performance. International Conference on “Sustainable Supply and Value Chain – Innovations and International Perspectives organized by PSGR Krishnammal College, Coimbatore in association with Giles Brooker Group, Singapore, Sep. 14-15, 2018.
- Factors that affect Women Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Kerala. 2nd International Conference on Women Entrepreneurship & Business Management. organized by Nehru School of Management Kerala. Mar. 23, 2018.
- Impact of Environmental Uncertainty and Supply Chain Disruptions on Supply Chain Practices and Performance. International Research Conference 2018, organized by JBIMS Mumbai. Mar. 8-9, 2018.
- “Innovative Youth Driving the Nationa’s growth: Role of young entrepreneurship in India”. Presented in the National Conference on “Role of Entrepreneurship in economic development of India” at St Paul’s college, Kalamassery, Ernakulam.
- “Assessing Customer satisfaction with respect to relative importance: Application of Kano model”. Presented in the National Conference 2015 – New Age Solutions for Managing New Challenges at St Berchmans’ College, Changanacherry.
- “IT in Agricultural Supply Chain Management for Information Integration ” In-absentia presentation at the Tenth AIMS International Conference on Management, organized by AIMS International and International Forum of Management Scholars at IIM Bangalore.
- “Ethics in Supply Chain Management – A Conceptual Overview”. Presented in the “National Seminar on Corporate Ethics” at New College Institute of Management, Chennai.
- “Green Logistics: A Novel Dimension to Business”. Presented in the National Conference on “Opportunities and Challenges in the Current Business Scenario” at Department of Management Studies, Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai.
Publications / Chapters/ Cases/ Book Review
- James, N., George, R. (2018). Exploring the influence of Environmental Uncertainty and Supply chain practices. SCMS Journal of Indian Management. 15(4), 22-31.
- James, N. (2018). A Hybrid AHP & Taguchi Loss Function Method for Supplier Selection. Journal of Supply Chain Management Systems. 7(4), 20-30.
- James, N., George, R. (2018). Impact of Environmental Uncertainty and Supply chain practices on Supply chain performance: A Conceptual model. Sustainable Supply and Value chain innovations- International perspectives. Bonfring. Coimbatore. 36-39
- Impact of Environmental Uncertainty and Supply Chain Disruptions on Supply Chain Practices and Performance. JBIMS Spectrum. 2018. 6(1), 274-289.
- Influence of Lean Supply Chain Practices on Competitive Advantage and Organizational Performance of SMEs. International Journal of Business Quantitative Economics and Applied Management Research. 2018. 4(11).
- Factors that affect Women Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Kerala. Nehru School of Management Journal. 2018. 3(2), 93-96.
- “Revamping Agri-supply chain: A corporate perspective”, published in the Indian Coconut Journal, 2014, pg 33-35, ISSN 0970-057.
- “Vitharana shrungalayude punarudharanam: Korparettukalude Panku” published in the Indian Nalikera Journal 2014, pg 17-18, ISSN 0970-0579
- “Retail-Information technology nexus to revive Agriculture” published in the Edited book “Modern trends in Indian Retail Industry”, ISBN: 978-81-8371-3658, Scitech Publications (India) Pvt. Ltd. Chennai.
- “Green Logistics: A Novel Dimension to Business” published in the proceedings of the above said National Conference, “A Compendium of essays on Opportunities and Challenges in the Current Global Business Scenario”.
- FDP on Supply Chain Optimization at IIMK, Jul. 23-28, 2018
- FDP on Supply Chain Modelling and Analysis at SNGCE, Ernakulam, Dec. 18-22, 2007
- FDP on Research Methodology & Data Analysis at Albertian Institute of Management, Dec. 4-5, 2017
- International Workshop on ‘Big Data Analytics – Technologies, Challenges, Perspectives’ organized by Saintgits College of Engineering in collaboration with VSB Technical University of Ostrava (VSB TUO), Czech Republic and Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
- “Management Teachers 2015: New Age Teacher” at DC School of Management, Trivandrum
- Workshop on Statistical Tools & Research Techniques organized by Saintgits Institute of Management
- Data Analysis for Management Research using SPSS and AMOS” at Anna University, Chennai
- “Multimedia for Teaching” conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research
- “Modern Teaching Methodologies” by Dr Ilengo (Ex-Vice Chancellor, Bharathiar University) at Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai
ISTE Life Member
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org