While the regular MCA programme is of 3 years, a candidate, if he meets the necessary criteria, may get a lateral entry into the programme at the beginning of the second year. The annual intake for a MCA Lateral Entry is 60. MCA at Saintgits provides innovative and well-formed education designed to promote and achieve high theoretical expertise and ability to solve practical problems in the field of Computer Science to address the changing demands of the software sector all over the world. The backbone of the department is a team of well qualified, experienced and committed faculty members who contribute to the development of academic expertise and interpersonal skills of the students. Various technical sessions, seminars and personality enhancement programmes are initiated by the department for the overall development of the students.
- A candidate seeking admission to direct 2nd year of MCA course must have a pass with not less than 50% marks in recognized regular Bachelor of Science Degree course of minimum 3 years duration in the discipline of Computer Science or Information Technology with Mathematics/Statistics as a Subsidiary subject at Degree level.
A pass with not less than 50% marks in BCA Degree of minimum 3 years duration from a recognized University.
- For SEBC and physically handicapped candidates, the aggregate marks required are 45%. For SC and ST candidate a minimum pass in the Degree examination is sufficient.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in more than one chance in the subject (excluding languages) will have their percentage marks de-rated at the rate of 5% for every additional appearance for the purpose of ranking.
- Candidates with such degrees awarded by the Mahatma Gandhi University or any other degree recognized as equivalent to degrees in (1) by the Mahatma Gandhi University also are eligible to apply.
- The MCA (Lateral) candidates should secure a minimum pass in the following 5 subjects before the submission of the S6 project. (No internal marks – University exams only).
MCA 101 Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science
MCA 104 Principles of Management & Accounting
MCA 201 Probability & Statistics
MCA 202 Data Structures and Analysis of Computer Algorithms
MCA 203 Microprocessors & Embedded Systems
Admissions is based only on merit (overall performance in Degree examination). Application form and brochure can be obtained from the corporate office at Kottayam in person or by demand draft for Rs 350/- in favour of Saintgits College of Engineering payable at Kottayam by post /courier also. Application form can also be downloaded from link given below. A demand draft for Rs 350/- to be attached along with the downloaded application form. Admissions are strictly on merit basis and no monetary consideration.
Ms Anju Anna Jacob
III Floor, Unity Building Buildings
Collectorate P O, K K Road
Kottayam – 686002
+91 481 258 4330, +91 481 230 0365
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For Admission please contact: Quick Facts
SAINTGITS INSTITUTE OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170
For Admission please contact: