MCA Regular is a 3-year programme approved by the AICTE and affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. The annual intake for a 3-year regular programme is 60. MCA at Saintgits provides innovative and well-formed education designed to promote and achieve high theoretical expertise and ability to solve practical problems in the field of Computer Science to address the changing demands of the software sector all over the world. The backbone of the department is a team of well qualified, experienced and committed faculty members who contribute to the development of academic expertise and interpersonal skills of the students. Various technical sessions, seminars and personality enhancement programmes are initiated by the department for the overall development of the students.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Demonstrate expertise in solving and programming real world problems.
- Exhibit team work, professional ethics and social responsibility.
- Manifest research culture, creativity and entrepreneurship.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
After completion of the programme, the students are able to
- Computational Knowledge – Apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, principles of accounting, management and fundamentals of software engineering appropriate to the discipline.
- Problem Analysis – Identify and analyze problems and formulate the requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design Development of Solutions – Design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system to meet the desired needs.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Computing Problems – Conduct investigations and experiments to analyze and interpret data of complex applications to find valid solutions.
- Modern Tool Usage – Select and apply current trends, techniques and modern tools that suit the computing requirements.
- Professional Ethics – Understand professional, ethical, security and social issues, work with appropriate societal and environmental considerations
- Lifelong learning – Build up the passion for continuing professional development.
- Project Management and Finance – Incorporate scientific, financial and management principles for the development of feasible projects.
- Communication Efficacy – Communicate effectively across multidisciplinary teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Societal and Environmental concern – Develop systems that meet the desired solutions considering societal and environmental factors.
- Individual and Team work -Work individually and in teams for the fulfilment of the desired task.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Create a culture that focus on Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- The candidates should have studied a degree course with minimum three-year duration [after 10+2] with Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Computer Application/Engineering and Technology at the degree level for admission to MCA course.
The candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their degree examination.
- Subject to the regulation relating to prescribed minimum of the respective qualifying examination, the minimum marks of admission to the course of studies shall be a pass in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) referred to GO(P)208/66/Edn dated: 2-5-96 and subsequent amendments to order issued by the Government shall be given a relaxation of 2% marks in the prescribed minimum for admission.
- A relaxation of 5% marks from the prescribed minimum shall be allowed in the case of physically handicapped persons.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in more than one chance in the subject (excluding languages) will have their percentage marks de-rated at the rate of 5% for every additional appearance for the purpose of ranking.
- Candidates with such degrees awarded by the Mahatma Gandhi University or any other degree recognized as equivalent are eligible to apply.
Application form and brochure can be obtained from the corporate office at Kottayam in person or by demand draft for Rs 350/- in favour of Saintgits College of Engineering payable at Kottayam by post/courier also. Application form can also be downloaded from the link given below. A demand draft for Rs 350/- to be attached along with the downloaded application form. Admissions are strictly on merit basis and no monetary consideration.
Ms Anju Anna Jacob
III Floor, Unity Building Buildings
Collectorate P O, K K Road
Kottayam – 686002
+91 481 258 4330, +91 481 230 0365
Quick Links Quick Contact Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170 Email: email@example.com For Admission please contact: Quick Facts
SAINTGITS INSTITUTE OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
PO Kottayam, Pin – 686532, Kerala
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
Kottukulam Hills, Pathamuttom
Tel: +91 481 2430349, 2436169, 2436170
For Admission please contact: