To “develop an institutional mechanism to create an entrepreneurial culture in Saintgits to foster the growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the students, faculty and public“.
Objectives of the IEDCs
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding S&T entrepreneurs
- To conduct programs related to women and weaker sections of the society
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects
- To promote the development of engineering and technology-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas
Functions of IEDCs
The purposes of the society are scientific and educational directed towards the advancement of the theory and practice of computer science, computer engineering and technology, systems science and engineering, information processing and related arts and sciences. It shall endeavour to:
- Promote interchange of information, in these disciplines and sub-disciplines, amongst the specialists and between specialists and the public.
- Encourage and assist the professionals engaged in these fields to maintain the integrity and competence of the profession and foster a sense of partnership amongst the professionals, engaged in these fields.