Designation: HOD & Assistant Professor (Special Grade)
Education: M.Com, M.Phil, NET,SET, MBA
Professional Experience: 16 Years
- Masters of Commerce from Mahatma Gandhi University,
- Masters in Philosophy in Commerce from Bharathiar University,
- Masters in Business Administration from Pondicherry University(Distance Education)
Under Graduation: Bachelor of Commerce from Mahatma Gandhi University.
Research Interest: Green Marketing
- “E-Governance: The Tech Yuga of Kerala” at National Seminar Proceedings, (2013),
- “A study on backwater tourist’s Preference relating to services offered with special reference to Kumarakom backwater tourism” in KAAV International Journal of Economics, Commerce & Business Management Volume 3 issues 2 the Year 2016 (ISSN: 2348-4969 IMPACT FACTOR (2016) – 6.9071),2016.
- “Educational Institutional websites: A study on the effect of gender factor in the influential variables for selecting a college with special reference to Kottayam District”, in AARF International Research Journal of Management and Commerce, Volume 5, Issue 1 of January 2018. (ISSN (O) 2348-9766 with impact factor 5.564
- “A study on problems and challenges on digital payment system as ease of payment mechanism among customers in E-commerce scenario with special reference to Kottayam District” in CJMR journal, Volume 6, issue 4, April 2019. ISSN NO: 0975-6876 with impact factor 6.1
- “Consumer Behaviour attitude towards print media advertisement with special reference to Kottayam district” in JETIR (www.JETIR.org) ISSN UGC Approved (Journal No: 63975) & 5.87 Impact Factor. Published in Volume 6 Issue 6, June-2019.
- “Are Economic Knowingness, Attitude and Behavior of the individual leads the economic sustainability”?- the economic sustainability model in studies in Indian place names, An international registered and refereed monthly Research Journal(UGC care list), ISSN 2394-3114, volume 40,issue March 2020
- “is political candidate/leaders plays as a brand marketing tool to build an image among the voters which in turn achieve the simple majority?” in Tathpi (UGC Care list)with ISSN 2320-0693, volume 19 issue 31 , June 2020, impact factor 5.60,
- “Challenges faced by business sectors during covid 19” in KALA The Journal of Indian Art History Congress, Volume No : 26, No. 2 (XXI): 2020-2021, impact factor =6.125
- “Consumer perception and satisfaction on green products in the digital era” in Wesleyan Journal of Research, Vol.14 No1 (XVII).
- Presented a paper titled E-Governance: The Tech Yuga of Kerala in theUGC sponsored National Seminar on Informatics & E-Governance –Dimensions and Trends’ organized by the Department of Commerce and Centre for research, PSMO College, Thirurangadi, Malappuram on 4th and 5th July 2013
- Presented a paper titled ‘Make in India- to make India a Manufacturing hub’ in the One Day National Conference on “Emerging Markets turmoil and chances of Global Meltdown: Impacts on Indian Economy” held on 8th March 2016 at Marian College Kuttikkanam.
- Presented a paper on “ problems and challenges on digital payment system” organised by P G and research Department of Commerce, Sree Narayana Guru College , Coimbatore in the National Conference 360 conducted on 6th February 2019.
- Presented a paper titled “A study on the impact of online brand trust and sales promotion as competitive strategies in online buying decisions by the consumers” in the National Conference titled “Strategies for scalability and sustainability of business ventures” organized by the PG Department of Commerce and Management, Baselius College Kottayam in association with Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala on 14th & 15th February 2019.
- Presented a paper titled “Study on readers expectation on news papers towards its satisfaction in the two day National Seminar on Dynamics of Derivatives held at St.Aloysius College ,Edathua, Alappuzha on January 9th and 10th 2020
- Presented a paper titled “ Is Politician plays as a brand marketing tool to build an image among the voters which in turn achieve the simple majority” at the international conference on Research insights on social science, Literature, Science and Law held during 20th & 21st February 2020.
- Presented a paper titled on “challenges faced by the business sectors during COVID-19 19” in the one day international seminar on Service sector in India: Making New Avenues in Indian Economy organised by the Post Graduate & Research Department of Commerce , Jamal Mohamed College (Autonomous), Thirichirappalli on 13.01.2021.
- Presented a paper on “Consumer perception and satisfaction on green products in digital era” in a one day international conference on “Advancement in Business in the digital era 2021” (Virtual mode) organised by the post graduate department of Commerce (SF), Jamal Mohamed College( Autonomous), Thirichirappalli on 17th February 2021.
- Presented a paper titled “ well being and work satisfaction of health care employees at work amidst Covid 19” in the One day International Conference on Contemporary issues in management studies held on 26th March 2021 organised by ICBM- School of Business Excellence , Hyderabad, Telangana.
Workshop/ Training/Faculty Development programmes
- Participated in the five-day workshop in restructuring the curriculum of the B. Com degree course at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. (2009).
- §Attended a 3-day soft skill workshop in Infosys, Bangalore (2010).
- Participated in the two-day workshop titled ‘Idea to Execution’ organized by Nurture Talent (India’s 1st Institute for Entrepreneurs) in Saintgits College of Engineering.
- Participated in the faculty development programme on Research Methodology (12 days workshop on data analysis in research) organized by the Research and Postgraduate Department of Commerce, Kuriakose Gregorios College, Pampady, Kottayam, Kerala during the academic year 2014/15;
- Participated in a one-day Workshop on Restructuring of Curriculum and Syllabus of the Undergraduate programme in Commerce held at Baselius college Kottayam conducted by Mahatma Gandhi University on 18/04/2017.
- Participated in the Three Day State Level Workshop on Data Analysis in Social Sciences” organized by the P.G Department of Commerce, St. Stephen’s College Uzhavoor, from 28th to 30th June 2018.
- Attended the one-day workshop on New Methodology of NAAC Accreditation held at St. Thomas College, Palai on July 2018.
- Participated in the one-day State Level workshop on “The methodology in teaching Commerce” conducted by the Department of Commerce(SF), CMS College(Autonomous) Kottayam held on 28th July 2018
- Attended a two-day workshop on “Research Methodology and Data Analysis using SPSS package” organized by Research Committee on 27th and 28th November 2018 in SNGC college Coimbatore.
- Participated in the Virtual Faculty Development Programme on “Role of Teachers in Quality Enhancement and Accreditation” organised by the IQAC, Kristu Jayanti College (Autonomous), Bengaluru from May 11, 2020 to May 18, 2020.
- Successfully completed the ‘Effective and Efficient Online Teaching in the Age of Corona, A Hands On Workshop’ on 17 May 2020 online through IIT Bombay BodhiTree platform. Completed both pre and post workshop online activities, involving 3 days of video lectures and hands-on work. This training was organised by the Teaching Learning Centre (ICT) at IIT Bombay, funded by the Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT), MHRD, Govt. of India
- Participated in an e-workshop. The e-workshop was conducted by Dr. Parul Kumar, Assistant Professor, MAIMS, through YouTube Live https://youtu.be/bR2lXOrXgGI on Monday, May 18, 2020.
- FDP on outcome based education on 18th May 2020 organised by Inpods Ed-Tech
- Participated in ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON “Role of Digital Libraries in Academic Research” held on 30th May 2020 at Central Library, Davangere University, Davangere.
- Successfully completed and Qualified the Exam of One Week STTP on Statistical Analysis for Research (online mode) from 18 May, 2020 to 22 May, 2020 organized by REST Society for Research International (RSRI), Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Successfully completed 2-Week Faculty Development Programme on “Innovations in Management Education and Research” August 17 – August 30, 2020 obtained grade A, Teaching Learning Centre Ramanujan College University of Delhi Under the aegis of Ministry of Education Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching and Department of Management Studies.
- Participated and successfully 7 days certificate course/FDP on Direct Taxes & GST (16th October -8th November), Ministry of Education, Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching , Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College ( University of Delhi) and Indian Accounting Association, NCR Chapter
- Successfully completed the one week Faculty Development Program on “ Outcome Based Education: Framing Questions using Bloom’s Taxonomy organised under UGC Scheme for Trans Disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy ( UGC STRIDE) Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam in association with Internal Quality Assurance cell, Sree Sankara College, Kalady from 21st to 25th June 2021.
- Participated in the 10 day workshop on Research Capability Building organised jointly by Research and Postgraduate Department of Commerce, St.Berchmans College, Changanacherry & Research and Post graduate Department of Commerce, K G College Pampady in association with Indian Accounting Association, Alappuzha Branch, from 18th July to 15th August 2021.
- Participated in the Three day National Level Virtual Research Development Programme on “ Secondary Data Analysis in Social Science Research ( SDASSR) organised by the Department of Commerce (SF) V.H.N Senthikumara Nadar College ( Autonomous), Virudhunagar from 01.09.2021 to 03.09.2021.
- Participated in One week National level Intercollegiate online Faculty Development program on outcome Based Education & Bloom’s Taxonomy organised by the IQAC of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Centenary College (Autonomous), Kolkata in association with ipsr solutions limited on November 2021 to 15 November 2021
- Attended the online workshop of thirty hours(FDP) on Project Guidance: A Practical Approach, Jointly organised by the PG Department of Commerce of Nirmala College Muvattupuzh and St.Joseph’s college (Autonomous) Irinjalikuda during the period from 30 october 2021 to 26 March 2022.
- Participated in the 5 Day’s National FDP on Understanding the Philosophy of investment conducted by De Paul School of Commerce (DSC), De Paul Institute of Science & Technology(DIST), Angamaly, Ernakulam, Kerala from 21st October to 4th November 2022.
- Commendation certificate from Saintgits Group of Institutions in 2014
- Letter of Appreciation from Principal, Saintgits College of Applied Sciences in 2015
- BEST ELecture Award on 11th October 2020 in the BEST E-Lecture Award Ceremony organized by the REST Society for Research International, Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Certificate of appreciation in writing the book chapter entitled FINANCE,BANKING AND INSURANCE in the record event ( Maximum authors contributing for a book on covid 19 and its impact) held in January,2021 at Chennai, India (ESN Publications)
- Best Paper award for the paper titled “ well being and work satisfaction of health care employees at work amidst Covid 19” in the One day International Conference on Contemporary issues in management studies held on 26th March 2021 organised by ICBM- School of Business Excellence , Hyderabad, Telangana.
Professional Body Membership
- Indian Accounting Association (Lifetime)
- REST Society Research International (Lifetime )
- A session on Tally 9 in Baselius College Kottayam (September 2012).
- Conducted a workshop “Chisel out the Entrepreneur in You” on 30/12/2014 at GHSS Edathala, Aluva for the commerce stream students.
- Quiz Master for Inter collegiate business quiz organised by LIC of India, Kottayam Division on 05/09/2014.
- Delivered a session on “Business Plan” during the three- day Faculty Development Programme on “Entrepreneurship Development organised by Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell(IEDC) of Saintgits College of Engineering, in association with Kerala Startup Mission(KSUM) fro 16th December to 18th December 2019.
- Resource Person in a one day seminar “Eminence 2K20” organised by B.Com Computer Application on “ Green Accounting as the path to a sustainable future” held on 14th February 2020 in Mar Thoma College for women, Perumbavoor.
- A talk on “Project Orientation Programme” held on 28/11/2020 in Mar Thoma College for women, Perumbavoor through google meet.
Certifications and Skill Development Courses
- Microsoft Office specialist
- Online certificate courses
- Digital Marketing Associate certification course,
- Leadership- the key to guaranteed business success,
- Accounting Debits and Credits- Accounting play,
- Leadership Series,
- Introduction to Manufacturing Accounting, financial analysis using ratios method, balance sheet accounting equation, etc. from Udemy
- Capital budgeting techniques
- Introduction to financial accounting
- Accounting Standards A Complete study for CA/CMA/CS
- Accounting for Decision Making, University of Michigan
- Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
- Financial Accounting foundations, Illinois
- Management & Financial Accounting: Know your numbers, Macquarie University , Sydney, Australia
- Ethical leadership through giving voice to values, University of Virginia
- Research Proposal: Initiating research, UCDAVIS
- Business English: Networking University of Washington
- Core Concepts of Accounting – Numbers and People Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, American Institute of Business and Economics
- Organisational Behaviour: Know your people, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- Linkedin Learning
- Financial Accounting Part-1
- The Business of Accounting
- Applying Managerial Accounting
- How to build an Analytics Portfolio that Gets you your next job
- Head of the department form 01/07/2020 onwards
- Coursera coordinator (2020)
- External examiner for conducting M. Com (Private) Viva Voce, July 2019
- Academic Coordinator, Department of Commerce (2017-2020)
- IQAC joint Coordinator (2016)
- Senior Assistant for conducting University Examinations. (2015)
- IQAC coordinator (2015)
- Coordinator for a two-day National seminar on “E-Marketing Strategies in Online Business Environment” on 27th & 28th March 2015.
- University Examination coordinator ( 2014-17)
- Internal Examination coordinator (2013-17)
- Secretary for the college development council. (2013-14)
- Member of the college website committee. (2013-14)
- Member of the college NAAC committee and lead the team to complete the Self Study Report. (2013-14)
- ·Coordinator for idea competition held among the students of Saintgits Group of Educational Institutions in 2013.
- Member of Saintgits Centre for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (since 2012)
- Quiz master for intercollegiate quiz competition conducted in the college in 2011,2013,2014,2015,2016
Email ID: email@example.com (Official)