Designation: Assistant Professor
Education: M. A. English, M. A. Women and Gender Studies, B.Ed (English), SET,
Professional Experience: 9 Years
Post Graduation: M. A. English Literature, School of Letters , Kottayam
Under Graduation: B. A. English Literature, B C M College, Kottayam
Post Graduate in Women and Gender Studies : IGNOU
Research Interest: Trauma Studies and Dalit studies
- Lecturer at PGM College, Kangazha
- Teacher at Kristu Jyoti Vidya Niketan, Changanacherry
- Athira S Kumar. Reorientation of Consciousness of Women in P. Sivakami’s ‘The Grip of Change and Author’s Notes’ – The Indian Review of World Literature in English – December 2022 – ISSN 0974 – 097X.
- Athira S Kumar. Collective Repression of Women: Body Politics in P. Sivakami’s The Taming of Women. Research Journal of English (RJOE): An International Peer-Reviewed English Journal. Vol-7, Special Issue-1, 2022 ISSN: 2456-2696.
- Athira S Kumar. Dissension of Tradition and Modernity in Buchi Emecheta’s The Joys of Motherhood. International Journal of Special Education. (Scopus) . Vol. 37, No.3, 2022.
- Athira S Kumar. Reiteration of Relational Dynamics of Women in Family: A Psychoanalytic Feministic Study of Buchi Emecheta’s The Joys of Motherhood and The Slave Girl” .The Indian Review of World Literature in English , Vol.18 No.I January – June 2022.
- Athira S Kumar . Motherhood and Identity Crisis in P Sivakami’s ‘The Taming of Women’ . International Journal of Research Culture Society, September 2020.
- Athira S Kumar. Ecofeminism in Buchi Emecheta’sThe Joys of Motherhood. Parishodh Journal, March 2020.
- Athira S Kumar.Otherness and Selfhood in Imtiaz Ali’s ‘Highway’. ISSN 2455 3085.Impact Factor: 5.214. 2019.
- Athira S Kumar. Women, Trauma and Reconfiguration of Self: An Analysis of AnuradhaVijayakrishnan’s Seeing the Girl and Sudha Murthy’s Mahashweta. E-ISSN 2348-1269, P-ISSN 2349-5138. Impact Factor: 5.75. 2018.
- Athira S Kumar. Beyond the gender: Transgressive bodies and desires in Devdutt Pattanaik’sThePregnant King. Alfomine, 4(6), 47-55. ISSN 2250-3870. 2017
- Athira S Kumar. Problems in Visualizing and Validating History: A Discourse on Jaishree Misra’s ‘Rani’. JET ,8, 7-11. ISSN 2394-3874. 2016.
- Athira S Kumar. Anna Karenina: One story, two storylines and the importance of Oblonsky. Baselius Researcher, 17(1), 30-35. ISSN0975- 8658. 2016.
- Athira S Kumar. Repression, repercussion and resistance- A psychoanalytical study of Shashi Deshpande’s ‘Moving On’. Research Scholar, 6(2), 182-187. ISSN 2249-6696. 2016.
- Athira S Kumar. Rewriting myths: Voicing female experience in Margaret Atwood’s ‘The Penelopiad’. New Thoughts, 5-12. ISBN 978-81-926565-0-2. 2015.
- Athira S Kumar. Indigenizing Shakespeare: a study of Maqbool and Omkara.Research Lines, 8(1 & 2), 37-43. ISSN 0975-8941.2015.
- Athira S Kumar. Contextualizing Indian consciousness in Sudha Murthy’s ‘Mahashweta’. Alfomine, 3(2), 212-216. ISSN 2250-3870. 2015.
- Athira S Kumar. Quest for identity of female subjects in JhumpaLahiri’s ‘Interpreter of Maladies’. Lux Montis, 3(2), 72-75. ISSN 2321-8053. 2015.
- Athira S Kumar. Margam kali: The relations between cultures understood as human expressive and symbolic activities. Research Scholar, 5(2), 24-28. ISSN 2249-6696.2015.
- Athira S Kumar. Borders and boundaries in Amitav Ghosh’s ‘The Shadow Lines’. Misbah-Niche of Knowledge, 13(13),102-107.ISSN -0976-2523.2015.
- “Collective Repression of Women: Body Politics in P. Sivakami’s The Taming of Women” International Virtual Conference on Literature And Theory-From Classical To Contemporary: Different Perspectives From Indian Subcontinent held from 11th to 13th March 2022, Organized by the Department of English, VISTAS, Chennai
- “Motherhood and Identity Crisis in P. Sivakami’s “The Taming of Women” in International Conference on Literature, Society and the Global Media conducted by Research Culture Society, Agra College and Sabaragamuwa University Sri Lanka on 26th and 27th September 2020.
- “Conflict of Tradition and Modernity in Buchi Emecheta’s The Joys of Motherhood” in International Faculty Development Webinar series on “A Global Humanity Endeavor in Literature” conducted by Holy Cross Home Science College, Thoothukoody on 16th November 2020.
- “Women, Trauma and Reconfiguration of Self: An Analysis of Anuradha Vijayakrishnan Seeing the Girl and Sudha Murthy’s Mahashweta” at Govt. College, Nattakomon 18th December & 19th December 2018.
- “Rewriting myths: Voicing female experience in Margaret Atwood’s ‘The Penelopiad’” in T.M. Jacob Memorial College, Manimalakunnu on 26th& 27th November 2015.
- Won the 21st Century Emily Dickinson Award for the poetry challenge named Writathon.
- Passed SET exam
WORKSHOPS / TRAINING/SEMINAR/CONFERENCE/FDP ATTENDED
- Attended an FDP on Futuristic trends of language and literature – Impact on 21st century learners by SRM Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai from July 13 2020 to July 13 2020.
- Attended a webinar on English for Specific Purposes: NEP 2020 Necessity organised by DR. M.G. R. Educational & Research Institute on 23rd June 2021.
- Attended a conference on English Literature and language education – embracing change in Covid times by Christ College, Irinjalakuda from June 13 2020 to June 13 2020.
- FDP on Rejuvenation of Literature and Language: From Pandemic to Pan- Academic organised by Reva University, Bengaluru from 17th to 21st May 2021.
- Short Term Training Programme on Harmony in the Workplace: Effective Interpersonal and Communication Skills organized by S V Engineering College, Andhra Pradesh 23rd November 2020 to 28th November 2020 organized by S V Engineering College, Andhra Pradesh (AICTE sponsored)
- Workshop on Effective & efficient online teaching in the age of Corona, A hands on workshop organized by IIT Bombay on 17th May 2020.
- National seminar on Narrating Indianness: Evolving Trends in Language and Literature at Assumption College, Changanacherry on 20th February 2020.
- International Seminar on Framing Perspectives; Thinking Cinema at SB College, Changanacherry on 11th & 12th February 2020.
- National Seminar on Theory and After at SB College, Changanacherry on 12th & 13th December 2019.
- National seminar on Cultural Studies at St. Mary’s College, Manarcad on 10th July 2019.
- National Seminar on Petroleum Conservation at Saintgits College of Applied Sciences, Pathamuttom on 12th February 2019.
- Attended national seminar on Trauma: Experience and Language at Govt. College, Nattakomon 18th December & 19th December 2018.
- Workshop at Saintgits College of Applied Sciences, Pathamuttom on Research Methodology and Data Analysis through SPSS on 6th December 2018.
- International C on Multiculturalism in Contemporary Society at Assumption College, Changanacherryon 5th October & 6th October 2018.
- National seminar on Praxis of Contemporary theory at Govt. College, Nattakom on 5th & 6th December 2017.
- International conference inEnglish Language Acquisition: Western Theories and Eastern Practices St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulum from 29th June to 1st July 2017.
- Workshop on Fine Tune your English at CMS College on 11th October 2017.
- Attended national seminar on Myths and Fairy Tales: Telling and Retelling in T.M. Jacob Memorial College, Manimalakunnu on26th& 27th November 2015.
- National seminar on Humour and Nation in Assumption College on 1st& 2nd July 2015.
- Certificate in Guidance from IGNOU
- Online course in Advanced Writing from Coursera
- Online course in Negotiating Learner Differences: Towards Productive Diversity in Learning from Coursera
- Online course in The Science of Well Being from Coursera
- Online course in Feminism and Social Justice from Coursera
- Online course in Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age from Coursera
- Micro Certificate Course on E- Content Development Using Google Tools.
- ELTAI (English Language Teachers Association of India
- Convenor of Arts Fest 2015 & 2017
- Coordinator of Orientation Programme for degree students 2015 & 2018
- Club coordinator of English Club 2015 & 2017
- Convenor of Library committee 2017
- Club coordinator of Book & Innovation Club 2017& 2019
- Convenor of publication committee 2018
- Staff Editor for College Magazine 2018 & 2021
- Day Officer coordinator 2019
- Conducts counselling, group discussions and interviews for the students
- Train students to achieve Business English Certificate(BEC)
- SCASSA coordinator 2022
Contact Details Email ID: email@example.com (Official)