Designation: Associate Professor
Education: B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D.
Teaching : 10 years
UG : Applied Electronics & Instrumentation
PG : Control & Instrumentation
PhD: Medical Electronics
Publication (latest come first in IEEE format)
- Binson VA, Akbar R, Thankachan N, Thomas S. Design and construction of a portable e-nose system for human exhaled breath VOC analysis. Materials Today: Proceedings. 2022 Jan 1;58:422-7. (Scopus indexed)
- Binson VA, Subramoniam M, Mathew L. Detection of COPD and Lung Cancer with electronic nose using ensemble learning methods. Clinica Chimica Acta. 2021 Oct 8; 523:231-238. (SCIE and Scopus indexed with Impact factor 6.314)
- Binson VA, Subramoniam M, Mathew L. Non-invasive detection of COPD and Lung Cancer through breath analysis using MOS Sensor array based e-nose. Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics. 2021 Aug 27;21(11): 1223-1233. (SCIE and Scopus indexed with Impact factor 5.670)
- Binson VA, Subramoniam M, Sunny Y, Mathew L. Prediction of pulmonary diseases with electronic nose using SVM and XGBoost. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2021 Jul 26;21(18):20886-95. (SCIE and Scopus indexed with Impact factor 4.325)
- Binson VA, Subramoniam M, Mathew L. Discrimination of COPD and lung cancer from controls through breath analysis using a self-developed e-nose. Journal of Breath Research. 2021 Aug 3;15(4):046003.( SCIE and Scopus indexed with Impact factor 4.538)
- Binson VA, Subramoniam M. Design and development of an e-nose system for the diagnosis of pulmonary diseases. Acta of Bioengineering & Biomechanics. 2021 Jan 1;23(1). (SCIE and Scopus indexed with Impact factor 1.238)
- Binson VA, Subramoniam M. Exhaled Breath Volatile Organic Compound Analysis for the Detection of Lung Cancer-A Systematic Review. Journal of Biomimetics, Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering. 2022;56:17-35. (Scopus and ESCI indexed)
- Binson VA, Subramoniam M. Artificial Intelligence Based Breath Analysis System for the Diagnosis of lung cancer. InJournal of Physics: Conference Series 2021 Aug 1 (Vol. 1950, No. 1, p. 012065). IOP Publishing. (Scopus indexed)
- Binson VA, Subramoniam M, Mathew L. MOS Based Sensor Array System for the Detection of Human Breath Volatile Organic Compounds. Annals of the Romanian Society for Cell Biology. 2021 Apr 10:2069-81. (Scopus indexed)
- Binson VA, M Subramoniam, S Thomas. Trends in Lung cancer: The incidence and mortality rate in India, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT). 2019 Jun 23; 8(5), (Scopus indexed)
- Sabu HM, Aravind VB, Sullerey A, Binson VA. Online Monitoring of PLC Based Pressure Control System. International Journal of Research and Innovations in Science and Technology. 2015;2(2):47-50.
- Ann Mary Thomas and Binson. V. A. Room Reserved Reversible Data Hiding in Encrypted Images, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 2015 Mar; 4(1): 208-215.
- Anumol TJ, Binson VA, Soumya R. FPGA implementation of low power, high speed, area efficient invisible image watermarking algorithm for images. International Journal of Scientific And Engineering Research. 2013 Aug;4(8).
- Arun P, Binson V A. A Practical Approach of Self-Tuning Fuzzy Logic Controller for Water Bath System Applications. International Journal of Scientific And Engineering Research. 2013 Aug;4(8).
- Monisha M, Binson V A. Comparative Evaluation of Performance of a Sliding Mode Controller and a Conventional Controller on a DC-DC Boost Converter. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology. 2013 Feb 2(2).
- Binson V A, Jikki Jose, Vinayakumar B. Modeling and Simulation of a Magnetic Levitation System using real time windows. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, NCRTS Conference Proceedings 2014 Aug.
- Binson VA, Subramoniam M, Ragesh GK, Kumar A. Early Detection of Lung Cancer Through Breath Analysis Using AdaBoost Ensemble Learning Method. In2021 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication, Embedded and Secure Systems (ACCESS) 2021 Sep 2 (pp. 183-187). IEEE. (Scopus)
- Binson VA, Thomas S, Ragesh GK, Kumar A. Non-invasive Diagnosis of COPD with E-nose Using XGBoost Algorithm. In2021 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication, Embedded and Secure Systems (ACCESS) 2021 Sep 2 (pp. 297-301). IEEE. (Scopus, Won Best paper award)
- Binson V A, Sania Thomas, M Subramoniam. Application of biosensors in the analysis of human breath volatile organic compounds. International Conference on Advanced Materials Science and Applications (ICAMSA), M S Ramaiah institute of technology, Bangalore, 2020 Sep 4 (pp 1-4)
- Binson V A, Sania Thomas. A survey on new technologies for early prediction of lung cancer. Kerala State Technological Congress 2019 – KETCON 2019, Government Engineering College Thrissur 2019 Feb 15-17
- Binson VA, Subramoniam M. Advances in Early Lung Cancer Detection: A Systematic Review. In 2018 International Conference on Circuits and Systems in Digital Enterprise Technology (ICCSDET), Saintgits College of Engineering, Kottayam, 2018 Dec 21 (pp. 1-5). IEEE. (Scopus)
- Binson VA, Thomas NM, Thomas S, Augustine A, Sivakumar KS. An advance to cloning detection in digital forensics investigations. In 2016 International Conference on Emerging Technological Trends (ICETT), Baselios Mathews II College of Engineering, Kollam, 2016 Oct 21 (pp. 1-5). IEEE. (Scopus)
- Binson V A. Modeling and Control of a Magnetic Levitation System using LabVIEW”- Proceedings of the International Conference on new horizons in green energy with smart communication systems (ICGESCS), Arunai Engineering college, Tiruvannamalai, 2013 Feb.
- Binson V A. Anantha Christhu Raj. Design, Modeling and Control of an Electromagnetic Suspension System in Dynamic Ball Motion Control. International conference on Emerging Technology Trends (ICETT), Baselios Mathews II College of Engineering, Kollam, 2012 Feb.
- Binson V A, Anantha Christhu Raj. PWM Control of a Magnetic Suspension System”- Proceedings of the International Conference on futuristic trends in computer science and engineering (ICCT), Thiruvalluvar College of Engineering and technology, Vandavasi 2012 Jan.
- Binson V A, Deepu E Koshy. Counselling and mentoring: facilitate the academic, emotional and social development of students”-National Seminar on Higher education Transformations in India, Indian academy degree college, Hennur, Bangalore- April 2014.
- Binson V A A, Jo Joy, Anish Thomas. patient Rehabilitation system using a Man-Machine Interface Design” – National Conference on Man-Machine Interface(NCMMI), VIT University, Chennai- April 2014.
- Binson V A. Microcontroller Based Control of an Electromagnetic Suspension System” – National conference Innovative emerging strategies in power, energy and control (IESPEC), IES College of Engineering, Chittilapally- March 2013.
- Indian Patent Publication: Ultrasound based measurement device for Latex extract from Rubber trees, to estimate instantaneous DRC, (Application Number: 202041056651, Publication date: 11.12.2020).
- Faculty Development Program: Advanced research and quality publication by Federal Institute of science and technology, Kerala, August 29-Sep 02, 2022.
- IEEE Authorship and Open Access Symposium: Tips and Best Practices to Get Published from IEEE Editors, August 30, 2022.
- Faculty Development Program: Machine learning and data science by TocH Institute of science and technology, Kerala, June 2-4, 2021.
- National Seminar NEP 2020: Vision to Action, Conducted by IIIT Kalyani, April 2021.
- Faculty Development Program: Computational Biology organized by REVA University, Bengaluru, February 1-5, 2021.
- Faculty Development Program on Student Engagement and Enrichment Strategies for Teaching Effectiveness organized by Marian International Institute of Management, Kuttikkanam, October 2020.
- International Webinar on Thermal Management for Electronics organized by Dr.MGR Educational and Research Institute, Chennai, September 2020.
- Webinar on Robot Intelligence Technology And Its Applications organized by Pallavi Engineering College, Hyderabad, September 2020.
- International seminar on Oncology scientific update in Covid-19 pandemic organized by International Association of Oncology (IAO), August 2020.
- Faculty Development Programme on Pervasive Industrial Competence organized by N.S.S College of Engineering. Palakkad, July 2020.
- Faculty Development Programme on AICTE Incorporating Universal Human Values in Education, conducted by AICTE New Delhi, June 2020.
- Faculty Development Programme on Courseware creation using Moodle, conducted by Sathyabama institute of science and technology Chennai, June 2020.
- Completed an online non-credit course “Sensor and sensor circuit design” authorized by the University of Colorado and offered through Coursera, April 2020
- Completed an online non-credit course “Introduction to the biology of cancer” authorized by John Hopkins University and offered through Coursera, March 2020.
- Faculty Development Programme on Mentoring and transactional analysis sponsored by ISTE Saintgits chapter, December 2019.
- Faculty Development Programme on Entrepreneurship Development’ organised by Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC) of SAINTGITS College of Engineering, in association with KeralaStart Up Mission (KSUM), December 2019.
- Completed 6 months IUCEE Certification Program “International Engineering Educator Certificate” Conducted by Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education, Purdue University, USA, January 2019.
- Faculty Development Program: Analog Circuits organized by Saintgits, Indian Society for Technical Education Sponsored – April 2018
- Completed IIEECP Certification Program “Phase-II-On-Line Modules” 12 weeks workshop Conducted by Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education, Purdue University, USA, October 2018.
- Three days workshop on IUCEE International Engineering Educator Pre-Certification course conducted by San Jose State University, USA- January 2018
- National Seminar: “Transform Student Engineers to Practicing Professionals”47th Annual Convention and National Seminar of Indian Society for Technical Education- January 2018.
- EPICS-“Design Thinking Course”- Conducted by Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education, Purdue University, USA, December 2017
- Two Week ISTE Workshop on ‘Control Systems’ conducted by IIT Kharagpur at Saintgits College of Engineering – December 2014
- Faculty Development Program: Concepts of coaching organized by ICT academy at Saintgits College- November 2014
- Two Week ISTE Workshop on Signals and Systems conducted by IIT Kharagpur at Saintgits College of Engineering – January 2014
- One Week Workshop on ‘Industrial Automation’: conducted by Prolific Systems Kochi at Saintgits – December 2013
- One-day ISTE workshop on ‘Creative Teaching’ organized by Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally – October 2013
- Two Week ISTE Workshop on ‘Analog Electronics’ conducted by IIT Kharagpur at Saintgits College of Engineering -June 2013
- One week Workshop on ‘DCS Fundamentals & Engineering’ by Yokogawa India Ltd -March 2011
As resource Person
- Delivered an expert talk on ‘An overview on Industrial Automation, Rajadhani college of Engineering, Attingal, November 2017
- Condcuted workhop – “Innovation/Prototype validation- Coverting innovation to start ups” at Carmel polytchnic Alappuzha , June 2022.
- My Big Idea competition held in February 2020 in Association with ‘Srishti 2020’
- 2 days Acting Workshop conducted by Drishya- Saintgits Film Club, October 2018
- One day Workshop on Android App Development using MI2 App Inventor” organized by Department of Applied Electronics & Instrumentation, Saintgits College of Engineering – June 2018
- National Technology Day 2019 sponsored by The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE)
- Life member ISTE
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Electronic nose applications
- Machine learning
R & D Projects
- Received Research Seed Money (RSM) of Rs. 80,000 from Centre for Engineering Research and Development (CERD), APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, August 2021.
- Guest Editor of the Journal ‘Plos One’ having an Impact factor of 3.240.
- Reviewer of various SCIE and Scopus indexed journals including IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, IEEE Access, IEEE Sensors Journal, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, Technology in Cancer Research & Treatment, Engineering Research Express, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, IET Image Processing , Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Applied Artificial Intelligence, Journal of Breath Research, Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences, Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- Acted as reviewer of more than fifteen international conferences organized at various parts of the world and publications by Scopus indexed proceedings in IEEE, Springer, Elsevier, and IOP Publishing.
- Completed 6 months IUCEE Certification Program “International Engineering Educator Certificate” Conducted by Indo Universal collaboration for Engineering Education, Purdue University, USA, January 2019
- Completed IIEECP Certification Program “Phase-II-On-Line Modules” 12 weeks workshop Conducted by Indo Universal collaboration for Engineering Education, Purdue University, USA, October 2018
- Completed EPICS-“Design Thinking Course”- Conducted by Indo Universal collaboration for Engineering Education, Purdue University, USA, December 2017.