Designation: Prof & Controller of Examination
Education: B.E, M.E, PhD
Teaching : 22 years
Research : 7 years
Industry : 9 months
UG : Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore – Electronics and Communication Engineering
PG : Anna University, Chennai – Applied Electronics
PhD: Anna University, Chennai – Information and Communication Engineering – Slotted Ultra Wideband Antennas for Wireless Applications.
- Cheriyan R., Abraham J., Sree Sankar E., Narayanan S., Mathai R.G. “Nemo: Energy Efficient Location Tracker for Dementia Patients Using LoRaWAN and Adaptive GPS Duty Cycling Strategies”’ Internet of Things and Its Applications. EAI/Springer Innovations in Communication and Computing. Springer, Cham. 2022, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-77528-5_27.
- L. Anil, R. Cherian and S. K, “Investigation and survey of a wearable multiband antenna for ISM band applications,” 2021 International Conference on Disruptive Technologies for Multi-Disciplinary Research and Applications (CENTCON), 2021, pp. 285-288, doi: 10.1109/CENTCON52345.2021.9687995.
- Rajeev, S.P., John, S.K., Cherian, R. et al. Next-generation rooftop tribo–piezo electric energy harvesting from rain power. Appl Nanosci 10, 679–686 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13204-019-01184-1
- K. A. Ansal, Divya Susan Jose and R Cheriyan, “CPW fed antenna with Bevelled Radiating strip and ground plane for Ultra wide Band Application”, Lecture Note on Data engineering and Communication Technologies LNDECT Springer, 2020.
- Riboy Cheriyan, Sruthy Susa Varkey, Shilpa Cicy Saji, Sneha Saji and Anuja Ann Kurian, “Design and Simulation of a Microstrip Patch Antenna Array using ANSYS HFSS for Zigbee and WiMax Applications”, Journal of Electronics and Communication Systems (MAT Journals), Vol 4, No. 3, 2019.
- Anju S Kumar, Riboy Cheriyan, Ansal K A, & Divya Susan Jose. “Metamaterial Inspired CPW Fed Multiband Antenna for IOT Applications”. Journal of Remote Sensing GIS & Technology, 5(3), 1–8, 2019, https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3484231.
- R. Cheriyan, J. E. Jacob, K. Balan and L. E. Baby, “Investigations on the Effect on Micro Strip Patch Antennas Using Shaped Slots,” 2018 International Conference on Circuits and Systems in Digital Enterprise Technology (ICCSDET), 2018, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ICCSDET.2018.8821172.
- Riboy Cheriyan and K. P. Zacharia, “Effect of Reflecting Sheet on the Back of Probe fed Slotted Hexagonal Patch Antenna for Wireless Applications”, Material Science Today, Elseiver, Volume 4, Issue 9, 2017, Pages 10336-10340
- Riboy Cheriyan, Anaswara Sasi, Ashwini Krishna, Chaithra S. and Princy Elsa Philip, “Implantable Antenna for Biomedical application”, International Journal of Current Research, Vol. 9, Issue, 05, 2017, pp.50262-50265.
- Tony C Antony, Riboy Cheriyan, John Baby Philip, Anandhu Aravindh and Sreejith K S, “Low Cost Ultra-Wide Band Antenna for Radar Application – A Comparison of Two Designs”, International Journal of Science Technology & Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 10, 2016, pp. 604 – 607.
- Riboy Cheriyan and K. P. Zacharia, “Investigations on Ultra wideband Probe fed slotted hexagonal patch antenna for wireless communications”, Middle- East journal of Scientific Research, Volume 24, Issue 1, 2016, Pages 73 – 79.
- Riboy Cheriyan and K. P. Zacharia, “A Coplanar Wave guide Fed Hexagon Slotted Hexagonal Patch Antenna for Ultra Wideband Applications”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol II, No 2, 2016, pp892-896.
- Riboy Cheriyan and K. P. Zacharia, “Effect of Reflecting Sheet on the back of strip line fed slotted Hexagonal Patch Antenna”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol. 7, issue 2, 2016, pp: 142 – 146.
- Mani Kunnathettu, Tessly Thomas, Alphy Manuel, Anju Rachel Thomas and Riboy Cheriyan. Article: FPGA Implementation of An Efficient High Speed Wallace Tree Multiplier. IJCA Proceedings on International Conference on Emerging Trends in Technology and Applied Sciences ICETTAS 2015(1):9-14.
- Prasanth C and Riboy Cheriyan, “Low Overhead Internal Scrubbing Technique for Virtex-5 Configuration upsets”, International Journal of Science Technology and Engineering, Vol 2, Issue 4, 2015, pp. 295 – 302.
- Riboy Cheriyan and Amel Siby, “High Speed Adder-Multiplier Unit with S-MB Recoding”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering,Vol. 4, Issue 10, 2015, pp 8128-8132.
- Ashish Francis and Riboy Cheriyan, “ Filter Centered Nonisotropic Fading Channel Archetypal for Wireless system Assessment”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol 3, 2014, pp 1-7.
- Kavya J Mohan and Riboy Cheriyan, “A Dynamic reconcile Algorithm for Address Generator in Wimax Deinterleaver”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol 3, 2014, pp 22-29.
- Reni Kurian and Riboy Cheriyan, “ASIC Based Design of High Speed Parrallel MAC Based on Radix – 4 and Radix – 8 Booth Encoding”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 8, 2013, pp 177-180.
- Anish M George and Riboy Cheriyan, “Design and Analysis of Power and Area Efficient 2/3 Prescaler Using E-TSPC Logic”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 8, 2013.
- Riboy Cheriyan and Dr. K P Zacharia. “Comparative Study of Ultra Wideband Antennas”. IJCA Proceedings on International Conference on VLSI, Communications and Instrumentation (ICVCI) (18):38–42, 2011.
- C. N. Marimuthu, Riboy Cheriyan and P. Thangaraj, “Clock Shariing Double Edge Triggered Flipflop”, International Journal of Soft Computing, Volume 3, Issue 5, 2008, pp 397-402.
- Hardware Based Cyber System Using High Performance Crypto Hash Bloom Filter for Network Security and Privacy Preserving Applications, A Handbook of Internet of Things in Biomedical and Cyber Physical System, Intelligent Systems Reference Library 165 (Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020), 39-59, 2019
- Nemo: Energy Efficient Location Tracker for Dementia Patients Using LoRaWAN and Adaptive GPS Duty Cycling Strategies, In book: Internet of Things and Its Applications, Part of the EAI/Springer Innovations in Communication and Computing book series (EAISICC),2022
- Lakshmi Anil, Riboy Cheriyan and Saravanan. K, “Investigation and survey of a wearable multiband antenna for ISM band applications”, International Conference on Disruptive Technologies for Multi-Disciplinary Research and Applications (CENTCON), Bangalore dated 19th to 21st November, 2021 (IEEE Explore), pp. 285-288 (2022)
- Joel Abraham, Sandeep Narayanan, Reuben George Thomas, Sreesankar E, Riboy Cheriyan (2020). Nemo: Energy Efficient Location Tracker for Dementia Patients, International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication, Embedded and Secure Systems (ACCESS’ 20) (dated 28th to 30th May, 2020).
- Ansal K A, Riboy Cheriyan (2020). CPW Fed Fork Shaped Antenna with Frequency Re-configurable characteristics for Wireless Application, International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication, Embedded and Secure Systems 2020.
- K A Ansal, Divya Susan Jose & Riboy Cherian (2019). CPW fed Antenna with Bevelled Radiating Strip and Ground Plane for Ultra Wide Band Applications, International Conference on Computer Networks and Inventive Communication Technologies (ICCNCT-2019)(Springer), RVS Technical Campus, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Anju S Kumar, Divya Susan Jose, Ansal K A & Riboy Cheriyan (2019). Metamaterial inspired CPW fed multiband Antenna for IoT Application, National Conference on Information and Communication Engineering (NCICE 19), Mar Baselios Christian College of Engineering & Technology.
- Riboy Cheriyan, Suresh Haridas & V R Reshma (2019). Ultrasound Bone Densitometry, 2018 International Conference on Circuits and Systems in Digital Enterprise Technology (ICCSDET) dated 21st and 22nd December 2018, Saintgits College of Engineering (IEEE Xplore Digital Library).
- Riboy Cheriyan, Jerlin Elizabeth Jacob, Kripa Balan & Liby Elsa Baby (2019). Investigations on the Effect on Micro Strip Patch Antennas Using Shaped Slots, 2018 International Conference on Circuits and Systems in Digital Enterprise Technology (ICCSDET) dated 21st and 22nd December 2018, Saintgits College of Engineering (IEEE Xplore Digital Library).
- A. Francis and R. Cheriyan, “Proficient envelope shaping filter for fading wireless channel estimation,” 2014 Annual International Conference on Emerging Research Areas: Magnetics, Machines and Drives (AICERA/iCMMD), 2014, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/AICERA.2014.6908265.
- A. Francis and R. Cheriyan, “Adept spectral filter for fading nonisotropic channel model,” 2014 International Conference on Control, Instrumentation, Communication and Computational Technologies (ICCICCT), 2014, pp. 1010-1013, doi: 10.1109/ICCICCT.2014.6993107.
- K. J. Mohan and R. Cheriyan, “High speed address generating design for the dynamic modulation scheme supportive WiMAX deinterleaver,” 2014 Annual International Conference on Emerging Research Areas: Magnetics, Machines and Drives (AICERA/iCMMD), 2014, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/AICERA.2014.6908248.
- Thara Paul and Riboy Cheriyan, “High Speed Interpolator with Fast Adders”, 2014 International Conference on Control, Instrumentation, Communication and Computational Technologies, ICCICCT 2014.
- Riboy Cheriyan and Dr. K P Zacharia. Comparative Study of Ultra-Wideband Antennas. IJCA Proceedings on International Conference on VLSI, Communications and Instrumentation (ICVCI) (18):38–42, 2011.
- Dr. Riboy Cheriyan, Joel Abraham, Sreesankar E, Sandeep Narayanan and Reuben George Mathai, “Machine Learning Based Dynamic Antenna System To Mitigate Effects Of Environmental Attenuation In Wireless Communication”, Application Number: 202041038481, Filed Date: 07.09.2020, Publication Date: 25.09.2020.
- Dr. Riboy Cheriyan and Dr. Saravanan K, “A system and method of IoT based intelligence greenhouse surviving system with cloud computing system” Application Number : 201941033012, Publication date : 20/09/2019.
- 6 days Online Faculty Development Program on “Machine Learning & Optimization Techniques using MatLab” 23rd May 2022 – 28th May 2022, Organised by Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering in association with IETE, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, college of Engineering and Technology, Vadapalani, Chennai
- 3 days FDP on “Physical Design and Verification using Cadence”, 14th March, 2022 – 16th March 2022, Organised by the Department of Electronics Engineering, Saintgits College of Engineering and sponsored by Entuple Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.
- Faculty Development Program (FDP) on “Future of Multiprocessor System: Networks-on-Chip” 16th December 2020 – 20th December 2020, Sponsored by APJ Abdual Kalam Technological University and organised by Department of ECE, Saintgits College of Engineering, Pathamuttom.
- Two Week FDP on “Wireless Communication Networks & Signal Processing”, 4th December 2020 – 17th December 2020, Sponsored by AICTE organised by Department of ECE, Jyothy Engineering College, Thrissur.
- FDP on “Academic Publishing for Quality Research : How to get published and how to avoid pitfalls”, on 22nd February 2019, organised by Wiley at SIM.
- FDP on “Mat Lab for Machine learning, Control System and Embedded Encoder”, 7th to 11th January 2019 sponsored by Mathworks and organized by Saintgits College of Engineering.
- AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Programme for “Student Induction”, 7th to 9th June 2018 at Model Finishing School, Trivandrum.
- KSCSTE Sponsored workshop on “Research Methodology, Writing practices, language and soft skills”, 18th to 19th January 2018 organised by Saintgits College of Engineering.
- Three-day Workshop on “ANSYS Tools for Hiogh Frequency Simulation and Analysis”, 17th to 19th August 2017 sponsored by Entuple Technologies, Bangalore organised by Saintgits.
- Two-week ISTE STTP on “CMOS, Mixed Signal & Radio Frequency VLSI Design”, 26th Dec 2016 to 30th Jan 2017 (online activity) and 30th Jan to 4th Feb 2017 (physical at Remote center) organised by IITK and Saintgits.
- KSCSTE sponsored one week Workshop on “Role of VLSI & Embedded Systems in Next Generation Wireless Technologies”, 28th November to 3rd December 2016 organised by Saintgits.
- TEQIP –II sponsored one week FDP on “Advances in Wireless Communication and Networking”, 11th to 16th July 2016 organised by NIT, Calicut.
- KSCSTE sponsored Workshop on “Signal Processing in VLSI System Design”, 28th to 30th September 2015 organised by Saintgits.
- Two week ISTE workshop on “Signals & Systems”, 2nd to 12th January 2014 organised by IITK and Saintgits.
- One week Workshop on “Fractals and Wavelets”, 9th to 16th November 2013 organised by RSET, Kochi.
- IEEE Workshop on “Antenna Design Using HFSS”, 7th to 8th November 2013 organised by VJEC, Kannur.
- Workshop on “Evaluator of Accreditation”, 15th Sep, 3rd to 5th October 2013 organised by NBA at Saintgits.
- Faculty Development Programme on “Instructional Design and delivery System” 29th November to 1st December 2012 organised by TocH institute of scien ce and technology under TISEL, Ernakulam.
- STTP on “Methodology and software for Research”, 17th to 18th December 2010 organised by Saintgits.
- Two – week ISTE STTP on “Modeling and Optimization Techniques in Engineering”, 18th to 30th October 2010 organised by Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi.
- One-week STTP on “Research Trends in Embedded systems and Signal Processing”, 28th October to 3rd November 2009 organised by ISTE Kerala Section.
- Workshop on “Smart Sensors – Technology and Application” on 2nd April 2005 organised by Amritha Viswa Vidhyapeetham, Bangalore.
- Orientation programme on “Microwave Laboratory” on 10th July 2004 organised by MA College of Enginee ring, Kothamangalam.
- Two-week ISTE short term training program on “Teaching Excellence and Methodologies for teachers of Engineering Colleges”, 12th May to 24th May 2003 organised by Maharaja’s Technological Institute, Thrissur.
As resource Person
- 14th National Conference on VLSI, Signal Processing & Communication VLES’22 organised by Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering in association IETE, ISTE & R&D, Viswajyothi College o Engineering & Technology, Vazhakulam, Muvattupuzha on 24th June 2022.
- Webinar on “FPGA vs CPLD Devices” organised by Department of ECE, Viswajyothi College of Engineering & Technology, Vazhakulam on 28th September 2020.
- Webinar on “Examination Reforms Policy” organised by IE(I) division, Saintgits College of Engineering on 25th August 2020.
- Online FDP on “Emerging Research Trends in VLSI, MEMS and Signal Processing” organised by Dept. of ECE, Saintgits College of Engineering in association with IETE from 10th to 13th August 2020.
- Seminar on “FPGA vs CPLD Devices” organised by Department of ECE, Viswajyothi College of Engineering & Technology, Vazhakulam on 24th September 2019.
- National Conference on Energy & Environment (NCEE2019) organised by Sree Ayyappa College, Chengannur, Alappuzha on 15th February 2019.
- Addon course on ANSYS HFSS and Matlab for S5 students organised by Department ECE, Saintgits College of Engineering from 23rd to 27th July 2018.
- Train the trainers programme on Radiation & Propagation students organised by Department ECE, Saintgits College of Engineering on 10th July 2018.
- International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Material Sciences, Jaipur National University, Jaipur during March 17-19, 2016.
- National workshop on “FPGA System Design” at MBCET Trivandrum- Janaury 2015.
- Organised a One-day workshop on ‘LaTex for Technical Writing’ on 29th January 2022.
- Organised a 2nd webinar of the series on the topic “My experience with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam- Missile Man of India” on 26th January 2022.
- Organised a Webinar on ‘Cyber Laws and Online Safety’ through Google Meet online platform on 31st July 2021.
- Organised a two Days Online Workshop on ‘LaTeX’ on 11th and 12th February 2021.
- Organised a training program on Arduino for S3 students on 27th October 2018
- Organised a Workshop on “Introduction to IoT using Raspberry Pi” organized by IETE Students’ Forum in association with Saintgits IoT Club and Department of ECE on 7th and 8th April 2018.
- Organised a Workshop on “Fast and Effective Embedded Systems Design” on 4th November 2017.
- Organised an add-on Course on “ANSYS HFSS” by Entuple Technologies from 17th to 19th August 2017.
- Organised a “Workshop on Arduino” on 22nd March 2017.
- Organised an IETE Sponsored National level Faculty Development programme on “Embedded Design Using ARM and ARDUINO” from 18th November to 24th November 2015.
- Organised an IETE Sponsored National level Faculty Development programme on “CAD tools in VLSI & Communication” from 28th November to 5th December 2014.
- Organised a National level Faculty Development program on “OrCAD, MATLAB and DSP processors” from 2nd to 9th December 2013.
- Organised an International Conference on Global Innovations in Technology and Sciences (ICGITS) on 4th to 6th April 2013.
- Organised and International Conference on VLSI, Communication and Instrumentation (ICVCI) on 7th to 9th April 2011.
- Organised an International Conference on VLSI and Communication (ICVCOM) on 16th to 18th April 2009.
- Organised a National conference on VLSI and Communication (NCVCOM) on 15th and 16th March 2008.
- IETE – M-221193
- ISTE – LM-45243
VLSI system Design, VLSI signal processing, Image Processing, Next Generation wireless Networks, Internet of Things, Microwave & mm wave antennas, Reconfigurable & UWB Antennas, Signal processing / Machine learning applications in wireless communication.
R & D Projects
- “Modernisation of VLSI Lab: Software Defined Radio (SDR) – Open multimedia application platform” funded by AICTE-MODROB (2020) – Sanctioned Amount – Rs. 735294/- Status: Ongoing.
- “Machine learning based finger printing for accurate positioning of Things in GPS denied Environments using Lora -WAN Long range wide area Network” funded by CERD (Student Project – 2019) – Sanctioned Amount – Rs. 32000/- Status: Completed.
- “Minimization of Radiation Effects of Mobile Antennas by EBG Structures” funded by CERD (Student project -2018) – Sanctioned Amount: Rs. 32000/- Status: Completed.
- “Design, Development, Characterization of CPW fed Miniaturized Antennas and filters for UWB Application” funded by CERD (RSM – 2017)– Sanctioned Amount: Rs. 11000/- Status: Completed.
- Evaluation Member – National level technical project exhibition and competition – Srishti 2022.
- Recognised Research Supervisor of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram since June 2021.
- The project titled “High Performance sustainable e-bike using recycled Laptop batteries” bagged the first prize in Internal Projects category (ECE) of Srishti 2020.
- Evaluation Member – National level technical project exhibition and competition – Srishti 2019.
- Session Chair- NCEE2019.
- Session Chair – ICCSDET 2018.
- Editor- Journal of Electronics & Communication systems – MAT Journals since 2018.
- Executive council member of IETE Kochi centre since 2017.
- Evaluator- National level technical project exhibition and competition SRISHTI 2017.
- Reviewer – International Conference on Next Generation Intelligent Systems 2016. Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam.
- Conference Chair- International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Material Sciences, Jaipur National University, Jaipur during March 17-19, 2016.
- Conference Chair – NCCWiN 2014.
- Question Paper setter – Cochin University of science & Technology, Kochi.
- Question Paper setter – Kongu Engineering College, Tamil Nadu.
Additional Responsibilities (previously held/currently holding)
- BoS Chairman for the programmes – B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, B.Tech in Robotics and Automation, M.Tech in VLSI and Embedded Systems, M.Tech in Telecommunication Engineering and M.Tech in Robotics and Automation – since 2020.
- Syllabus Revision Committee – B.Tech in Robotics and Automation – APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram – 2019 – 2021.
- Head of the Department (ECE, RA and AEI) – since July 2017.
- PG Coordinator – July 2016 – June 2017.
- Stream Chair & Treasurer – ICETTAS 2015
- KTU Internal Audit Committee Member – August 2015 – June 2017.
- UG Academic Coordinator -ECE – January 2012 – June 2016.
- Organizing Secretary – ICGITS 2013 – 2012-2013.
- Coordinator- IETE Lab Training – since May 2013.
- Staff Coordinator – IETE students forum – since 2010.
- Event Coordinator – 6th Graduation Day Celebration – 2011.
- Staff Editor – College Magazine – 2009 – 2010.
- Additional Superintendent of University Exam – 2005-2006, 2008-2010.
- Coordinator –Series Examinations – 2004 – 2005.
- Staff Coordinator- Horizon 2K5 – 2005.
- Core Member – Nakshathra 2005 – 2005.
- Staff Member – College Council – 2004-2005.