Designation: Assistant Professor
Education: B.Tech, M Tech, Ph.D (Persuing)
Teaching : 6.5 years
Non-Teaching : 1.5 years
Research: Pursuing Part Time PhD since 2018 April
UG : Mechanical Engineering (MG University)
PG : Machine Design (MG University)
PhD: Composite Materials (Karunya University, Coimbatore)
- Aju Jo Sankarathil et. al, “Major Properties & Characteristics of Shape Memory Natural Rubber – A Critical Review”, March 2020 | IJIRT | Volume 6 Issue 10 | ISSN: 2349-6002
- Aju Jo Sankarathil et. al, “Analysis of wrinkling employing mesh perturbation by restart procedure in gossamer structures” organized and published by the Institute for Engineering Research and Publication (IFERP).
- “ Automated Cost Effective Food Feeder”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 14, Number 14, 2019
- Presented a paper entitled “Mechanical Characterization and Evaluation of Epoxy Composites Reinforced with NaOH Treated Chopped Areca Nut fibers” with abstract ID: T1210124 in the TRIBOINDIA 2021 – An International Tribology Conference conducted by Tribology Society of India from 02 -04 December 2021.
- Presented a paper entitled “Tribological Characterization of Epoxy Composites Reinforced with NaOH Treated Chopped Areca Nut fibers” with abstract ID: T1210125 in the TRIBOINDIA 2021 -An International Tribology Conference conducted by Tribology Society of India from 02 -04 December 2021.
- Presented the research paper titled “Analysis of wrinkling employing mesh perturbation by restart procedure in gossamer structure” at the International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology (ICET- 2015), Bengaluru, 11th October 2015
Presented a research paper on “ Automated Cost Effective Food Feeder” at National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering 2019 (NCAME19), May 10, 2019.
- Indian Institute Of Metals (IIM)
- Association of Engineers (AE)
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Composite Materials
- Material Characterization
- Innovative Product Fabrication
- Product Design
R & D Projects
- Lever Driven Multipurpose Rollchair
- Fully Automated Food Feeder
- Biodiesel Production from Chicken Wastes
- Wrinkling Analysis of Gossamer structures
- Patent for the Project “ LEVER DRIVEN MULTIPURPOSE ROLLCHAIR” (Patent Reference Number : 898/CHE/2014)
- Patent for the Project “COMFORT CHAIR FOR HANDICAPPED, PARAPLEGICS AND ELDERLY” (Patent Reference Number : 202241038447)
- Patent for the Project “SYNTHESIS OF ARMORS AND CASES FOR MOBILE COMPUTING DEVICES USING CHOPPED ARECA FIBER EPOXY COMPOSITES” (Patent Application no: 202241006800)
- Secured 3rd prize of Rs.10,000/- in IIW Fourth Competition for Young Engineers held on 23 rd and 24 th January 2020 held at Kalamassery, Cochin.
- Won the National Innovation Award worth Rs, 1,00,000 (One Lakh) for the best innovation in the year 2013 in Techtop 2013 conducted by Technopark, TVM
- Have received many other awards and cash prizes worth Rs 2,60,000 for the Innovative idea of “ Lever Driven Multipurpose Rollchair” in 2013-14.
- Btech – Final year Project which has won numerous awards including the National Innovation Award for the best innovation in the year 2013 in Techtop 2013 conducted by Technopark, TVM. The project has received a lot of awards and a cash prize of Rs 2,60,000 from the various competitions conducted across the country.
Participations Workshop/Seminars Attended
- AICTE Sponsored STTP on Recent Advances in Tribology and Surface Engineering, Saintgits College of Engineering
- An International Virtual Tribology Conference under the aegis of Tribology Society of India (TSI) – TRIBOINDIA 2021, Saintgits College of Engineering (Autonomous), Kottayam, Kerala, India (2021).
- FDP on ‘PROFESSIONAL ETHICS’ at Providence College of Engineering, Kerala.
- Workshop on MOOC Development organized by leadingIndia.ai, BENNETT University.
- KTU Sponsored Faculty Development Program on Renewable Energy Conversion & Management at SAINTGITS College of Engineering on 23-27 April 2018.
- 47th ISTE National Annual Convention, Saintgits College of Engineering, January 27-29, 2018.
• Treasurer – College Alumni Association
• NBA Criteria 4 Coordinator
• Merit Day 2022 Coordinator
- Continuing Education Cell Coordinator
- Online Course – Department Coordinator
• Chief Staff Advisor 2020-22 MTech Batch
• Staff advisor 2018-2022 B Batch
Ph : 9496464377
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : https://saintgits.org/saintgits-college-of-engineering/b-tech-mechanical-engineering/faculty-mechanical-engineering/er-aju-jo-sankarathil/
Linkedin : https://linkedin.com/ajusankarathil