Designation: Associate Professor
Education: PhD (APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University)
Teaching : 14 years
Research : 4 years
UG : B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation
PG : M.Tech in VLSI and Embedded Systems
PhD: Emotion and Speaker Recognition using Deep Neural Networks
- S. Alex and L. Mary, “Variational Autoencoder for Prosody-based Speaker Recognition”, ETRI Journal, Wiley Online Library (Revised and submitted).
- S. Alex, L. Mary and B. Babu, “Attention and Feature Selection for Automatic Speech Emotion Recognition Using Utterance and Syllable-Level Prosodic Features”, Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 5681-5709, 2020. Available: 10.1007/s00034-020-01429-3.
- R. John, S. Alex, S. M.S. and L. Mary, “Significance of Prosodic Features for Automatic Emotion Recognition”, Kollam, 2020, pp. 1-6.
- S. Alex, B. Babu and L. Mary, “Utterance and Syllable Level Prosodic Features for Automatic Emotion Recognition”, in International Conference on Recent Advances in Intelligent Computational Systems (RAICS), Thiruvananthapuram, 2018, pp. 31-35.
- Webinar on Nurturing Autonomy, IQAC, SAINTGITS College of Engineering, 29 September, 2021.
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University sponsored FDP on IoT based Autonomous Robot Design , Vimal Jyothi Engineering College, Kannur, 28-30 April, 2021.
- Webinar on Manually Controlled Racing Bot, IEEE, Christ College of Engineering, Irinjalakuda, 29 April, 2021.
- ATAL FDP on Data Sciences, SAINTGITS College of Engineering, 18-22 January, 2021.
- ATAL FDP on Artificial Intelligence, Sri Sairam Engineering College, 7-11 December, 2020.
- Course on Online Teaching, IUCEE Foundation, July -September, 2020.
- International FDP on Microsystems Design and Control Engineering, ISTE SAINTGITS Chapter, 17-20 September, 2020.
- Webinar on Data Science Demystified, ISTE SAINTGITS Chapter, 21 August, 2020.
- Webinar on Emerging Trends and Future Scope in Embedded Systems, Holy Grace Academy of Engineering, Mala, 9 August, 2020.
- Winter School for Speech and Audio Processing held at College of Engineering, Trivandrum, 27-29 January, 2019.
- Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning, leadingIndia.ai, 25-27 June, 2018.
- Workshop on Deep learning- A Deep Dive: From Basics to Advanced, Cochin University of Science and Technology, 8 December, 2017.
- CERD Workshop on HMM Toolkit for Speech Recognition, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam, 7-8 August, 2017.
- Summer School on Speaker and Language Recognition, Dhirubhai Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, 8-12 July, 2017.
- National research colloquium RASSIC’16, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam, 25-27 August, 2016.
- Workshop on LATEX Software, SAINTGITS College of Engineering, 18-20 July, 2016.
- STTP on Data Analysis using Computational Softwares, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam, 27 June -2 July, 2016.
- FDP on Image Processing using LABVIEW, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam, 20-22 June, 2016.
- STTP on Bioinformatics, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam, 13-18 June, 2016.
- Workshop on Research Methodology, APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram, 18 June, 2016.
- ISTE workshop on Control Systems, IIT Kharagpur, 2-12 December, 2014.
- Workshop on Industrial Automation, Prolific Systems & Technologies, 9-13 December, 2013.
- ISTE workshop on Analog Electronics, IIT Kharagpur, 4-14 June, 2013.
- ISTE workshop on Aakash for education, IIT Mumbai, 10 -11 November, 2012.
- FDP on Engineering Applications Using LabVIEW, National Instruments, 8-9 December, 2011.
- STTP on Nanotechnology for Clean Energy , IIT Madras, 2-14 June, 2008.
- ISTE Induction training programme on Teaching Excellence and Methodologies, Maharajas Technological Institute, Thrissur, 20-25 August, 2007.
- QIP on Accreditation, National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research, Chennai, 28-30 June, 2007.
- Workshop on PLC and SCADA, Prolific Systems & Technologies, 9-14 April, 2007.
As resource Person
- Invited Talk on Artificial Intelligence and Speech Processing Applications – An outlook, Marian Engineering College, Kazhakuttom, 21 May 2021.
- Expert Lecture on Digital Logic Design using HDL, SAINTGITS College of Engineering, 21-22 December, 2010.
- Srishti 2016
- FDP on Digital Logic Design using HDL
- Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education
- Member of The Institution of Engineers
- Member of IEEE
- Speech Signal Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Deep Neural Networks
- B.Tech First Rank (Cochin University of Science and Technology)
- GATE qualified in 2013 and 2015
- Selected for full time PhD program under APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University with CERD scholarship.