Designation: Assistant Professor
Area: Finance and Accounting
Education: M.Com (BF), MBA, M. Phil
Ms. Ronia Liza Mathew is an Assistant Professor in the area of Finance & Accounting at Saintgits Institute of Management Kottayam. Ms. Ronia submitted her Ph.D. thesis to Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), from where she obtained her M.Phil. (Commerce) in 2014. She obtained her post-graduation degrees in Master of Commerce (2012) and Master of Business Administration (2019) from Pondicherry Central University. She has about one year of experience in academics as a lecturer. She is proficient in behavioural finance area, research methodology and various statistical software packages for data analysis. She has publications in ABDC indexed journals.
- Ph.D. (Finance)– Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT), 2022 (Thesis submitted)
- M.Phil. (Commerce) – Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT), 2014
- M.Com (Business Finance) – Pondicherry Central University, 2010 – 2012.
- MBA –Pondicherry Central University, 2019
- B.Com (Computer Applications) -B.C.M College, Kottayam, Mahatma Gandhi University, 2007 – 2010.
Assistant Professor, Baselius College Kottayam, 2014 – 2015
Areas of Interest
- Security analysis and portfolio management
- Behavioral Finance
- Investor psychology
- Financial Accounting
- Financial management
- Research Methodology
International and National Conferences
- Participated and presented a paper titled “Financial Literacy, Psychological Bias and Financial Satisfaction among Investors: Revealing the Mediation Effect of Financial Behaviour” at the Sixth Biennial Conference of the Indian Academy of Managementorganised by Indian Institute of Management, Thiruchirappally, during 2 – 4 January 2020.
- Participated and presented paper titled “Factors Influencing Investment Decisions: A Study of Individual Investors in the Indian Stock Market” at the International Conference on Financial Perspectives (ICFP-2022), conducted by Rajkiya Engineering College, Kannauj (U. P., India) in collaboration with SEBI, during 24 – 25 March 2022 (Best paper presenter award)
- Ronia Liza Mathew and S. Rajitha Kumar (2022). Factors Influencing Investment Decisions: A Study of Individual Investors in the Indian Stock Market. International Journal of Accounting and Business Finance , Volume 8, Issue 2 December 2022 (ABDC Listed ‘C’ Category Journal)
- Ronia Liza Mathew (2022). Impact of socio-economic variables on the overconfidence bias of retail investors – An empirical evidence from the Indian stock market. The British Journal of Administrative Management, ISSN: 1746-1278, Volume: 58 | Regular Issue: 156| November 2022 (ABDC Listed ‘C’ Category Journal).
- Ronia Liza Mathew (2022). The Impact of Choice Criteria on Investors’ Financial Satisfaction: Examining the Mediating Effect of Financial Behaviour. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Analysis ISSN (print): 2643-9840, ISSN (online): 2643-9875, Vol 05, Issue 12 December 2022. (Peer Reviewed Journal)
- Workshop on Developing and Testing Moderation Models in Management Research organised by School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad, 2020.
- Annual Research Methodology Course (Series 1): Research Skills & Data Analysis using R Organised by School of Management Studies, CUSAT, 2016.
- International Workshop on Data Analysis for Research & Publication, organised by CUSAT, 2018.
- International workshop on Data analysis, organised by CUSAT, 2019.
- Workshop on Writing and Publishing Research Articles in High Impact Factor Journals, Organised by DDUK, CUSAT, 2019.
- INDAM 2022 Workshop on Introduction to PLS-SEM using Smart PLS
- Online Workshop on ‘Why Academic Journal Publication is Important’ organised by Thiruvalluvar University College of Arts and Science, 2020.
- Webinar on Present and Post Impact on Financial Market organised by Prof. Arun Kumar, Head, DOMS, IIT Madras, 2020.