The MCA at SAINTGITS was started in 2004. MCA is a 2 years programme and Integrated MCA is a 5 years programme approved by the AICTE and affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. The annual intake for 2 years MCA programme is 120 and Integrated MCA is 60 seats.
MCA at Saintgits provides innovative and well-formed education designed to promote and achieve high theoretical expertise and ability to solve practical problems in the field of Computer Science to address the changing demands of the software sector all over the world. The backbone of the department is a team of well qualified, experienced and committed faculty members who contribute to the development of academic expertise and interpersonal skills of the students. Various technical sessions, seminars and personality enhancement programmes are initiated by the department for the overall development of the students.
- Excellent Coaching is proven by outstanding results including university ranks.
- Higher Teacher-Student Ratio to ensure personalised mentoring.
- Value-added courses on latest skills like .NET, Android and Advanced Java.
- IBM, Infosys and Autodesk certified labs/training programmes.
- Vibrant campus placement services which ensured placements for students in more than 100 companies including Infosys, TCS, UST, IBS, Geojit, Wipro etc.
- Remote Centre of IIT Bombay Ekalavya Programme.
- Invited talks by Industry and academic experts.
- SCIE – Saintgits Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship enables the budding entrepreneurs to fly high.
- Eligibility for admission to the MCA programme, admission policy and procedure shall be decided from time to time by following the guidelines issued by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India and the Government of Kerala. Other important eligibility criteria are as listed out by the Director of Technical Education with the approval of the Government of Kerala.
- Subject to Clause 1(a), Admission to MCA, shall be based on the guidelines given by the State and Central Governments on the reservation. Other eligibility criteria for admission is currently prescribed by the Government of Kerala through Government orders.
- The Branches of study and number of students admitted are to be based on the approval by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU).
- Notwithstanding all that is stated above, the admission policy may be modified from time to time by the University, particularly to confirm to directions from the Government of Kerala and the Government of India.
BCA graduate / Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree
B. Sc /B.Com /B.A graduate with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduation Level (with additional bridge courses as per the norms of the KTU. Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Examination.
- Integrated MCA
10+2 with Mathematics or Statistics or Accountancy as compulsory subjects. Minimum 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to the reservation category) in the qualifying Examination.
For Admission and further information
Ms Ansu Mariam Cherian at 91 9961672222
III Floor, Unity Buildings
K K Road, Kottayam 686 002
Tel/Fax +91 481 2584330, +91 481 2300365