The purpose of the accreditation by NBA is to promote and recognize excellence in technical education in colleges and universities—at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Institutions, students, employers, and the public at large all benefit from the external verification of quality provided through the NBA accreditation process. They also benefit from the process of continuous quality improvement that is encouraged by the NBA’s developmental approach to promote excellence in technical education.
Benefits to Students:
Students studying in NBA accredited Institutions can be assured that they will receive education which is a balance between high academic quality and professional relevance and that the needs of the corporate world are well integrated into programmes, activities and processes. It signifies that the have entered the portals of an Institution, which has the essential and desirable features of quality professional education.
Saintgits is one of the only two colleges in Kerala with more than 7 accredited programmes.
NBA Accredited Courses
Following programmes are accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- B Tech in Civil Engineering (120 Seats)
- B Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (120 Seats)
- B Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (60 Seats)
- B Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (60 Seats)
- B Tech in Mechanical Engineering (120 Seats)
- Master of Computer Applications (120 Seats)
- Master of Business Administration (120 Seats)
Following B Tech degree courses have been accredited by the Council of The Institution of Engineers
- B. Tech. in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (60 Seats)
- B. Tech. in Civil Engineering (120 Seats)
- B. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering (120 Seats)
- B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering (60 Seats)
- B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (60 Seats)
- B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering (60 Seats)
Govt of Kerala NOCs
Saintgits College of Engineering was conferred with Autonomous Status by University Grants Commission (UGC) for a period of 10 years from June 2020.
As per UGC Regulations 2018 as an autonomous college, Saintgits College of Engineering has freedom to:
- Review existing Courses/Programmes and, restructure, redesign and prescribe its own Courses/Programmes of study and syllabi
- Formulate new Courses/Programmes within the nomenclature specified by UGC as per the Specification of Degrees 2014 and amended from time to time
- Evolve methods of assessment of students’ performance, conduct of examinations and notification of results
- Announce results, issue mark sheets, migration and other certificates; however, the Degree shall be awarded by the University (A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University) with the name of the college on the degree certificate
- Prescribe rules for admission in consonance with the reservation policy of the state Government/national policy.