Saintgits College of Engineering was conferred with Autonomous Status by University Grants Commission (UGC) for a period of 10 years from June 2020.
As per UGC Regulations 2018 as an autonomous college, Saintgits College of Engineering has freedom to:
- Review existing Courses/Programmes and, restructure, redesign and prescribe its own Courses/Programmes of study and syllabi
- Formulate new Courses/Programmes within the nomenclature specified by UGC as per the Specification of Degrees 2014 and amended from time to time
- Evolve methods of assessment of students’ performance, conduct of examinations and notification of results
- Announce results, issue mark sheets, migration and other certificates; however, the Degree shall be awarded by the University (A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University) with the name of the college on the degree certificate
- Prescribe rules for admission in consonance with the reservation policy of the state Government/national policy.