Education: MBA, M.Phil, Ph.D.
Dr.DeepthiSankar, a commerce graduate has completed Master of Business Administration, specialisation in Marketing & Finance from Bharathiar University.Her Ph.D is from CUSAT, Kochi in the area of Consumer Behaviour in Marketing. She qualified UGC NET and took her M.Phil in Retail Service Quality in the area of Marketing from Bharathiar University.She is an AIMA Accredited Management Teacher with 18 years of teaching experience.Dr.Deepthi Sankarhas published extensively in the area of marketing and gives presentations about her work to both academic and non-academic audiences. She has published two chapters in different edited books in the area of General Management. Her core areas of interest are Advertising, Consumer Behaviour, Services Marketing and Branding. She has publications in Scopus indexed journals and other journals of national and international repute.
- Ph.D (Marketing)- 2017 – Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT)
- M.Phil (Marketing-Retail Service Quality) – 2009-Bharathiar University
- MBA (Marketing & Finance) 2002-2004-Bharathiar University,
- B.Com -1999-2002, Vimala College, Thrissur, Calicut University
- Associate Professor at DC School of Management &Technology, Vagamon,October 2018 to July 2022
- Assistant Professor at DC School of Management &Technology, Vagamon July 2013 to October 2018
- Lecturer at DC School of Management &Technology, Vagamon June 2012 to July 2013
- Lecturer at West Fort Higher Education Trust, Pottore. July 2005 to June 2012
- Lecturer at Mother Arts & Science College, Peruvallur. June 2004 to July 2005
Areas of Interest
- Marketing Management
- Retail Management
- Advertising & Sales Promotion
- International marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Services Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Agriculture Business & Rural Marketing
Internationaland National Conferences
- Socially Responsible Marketing” Presented at National Conference on “Marketing Matters in an Emerging Landscape” on 4th February 2017 at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Kochi.
- “Consumer Behaviour towards gold purchase” Presented at National Conference on “Emerging Dimensions in Marketing” on 22nd November 2012 at St.Gits Institute of Management, Kottayam.
- “Role of brand name in purchase decision of passenger cars” Presented at International Conference on “Paradigm shift in innovative Business Management” on 16th November 2012 at Sree Narayana Gurukulam College of Engineering, Kolenchery.
- “Consumer Response to Retail Atmospherics in a shopping mall in emerging marketing condition” Presented at National Seminar at Institute of Management & Technology.
- Trends and Patterns of Passenger Car Market in BRIC Countries, Presented at National Seminar on “Emerging International Business Order” on 31st March 2012 at Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT),Kochi.
- Consumer Attitude in Thrissur Towards Green Products, Presented at International Conference on “Management Next: New Paradigms and Innovations” on 14th January 2012 at St Berchmans College (SB), Changanassery.
- Consumer Preference at Organized vs. Unorganized Retail Oulets of Thrissur, Presented at National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Business Management: Finance & Marketing” on 18th April 2011 at VIBA school of Management Studies, Chennai
- Women Empowerment Through Entrepreneurial Skills, Presented at National Seminar on “Women Empowerment Through Entrepreneurship” on 19th January 2011 at St.Joseph’s College, Irinjalakuda.
- Service Quality- A Tool of Value Based Marketing, presented at National Seminar on “Value Based Managerial Practices” on 4th December 2009 at Mangalam College of Engineering, Ettumanoor.
- Female Employment in Retail Shops-Issues & Challenges, Presented at national Seminar on “Female Employment Issues & Challenges” on 21st Nov 2009 at CUSAT, Kochi, Kerala, India.
Publications / Chapters/ Cases/ Book Review
- COBRAs and Purchase Intention Towards Passenger Cars” Journal of Positive School Psychology, 2022. Vol. 6, No. 2, 4008–4014
- “Effect of Brand Equity On Consumer Purchase Intention with Special Reference to Two-Wheeler Industry” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering. Vol. 7 No. 2 February, 2022 ISSN: 0974-5823
- “BabuChettan’sChayakkada- A Case Study On Consumer Behaviour and Business Model”, Published in Sage Business Cases in January 2022 Edition.
- “Pandemic and Consumer Behaviour in Automobile Market”, in Journal of Education: Rabindra Bharati University, Vol. XXIV No-6 2020-2021 , ISSN: 0972-7175
- “Consumer Purchase Behaviour During Retail Out–Of – Stock Situations In An Emerging Market”, in PalArch’s Journal of Archeology of Egypt/Egyptology, Vol. 17 No-6 2020, 10940-10959.
- “Emerging Scenario of Pre Owned Car Purchase During Pandemic Situation- An Analysis using SOR Framework”, in PIMT Journal of Research UGC Approved (Care List), in October-December 2020, Vol.-13 No-1, ISSN: 2278-7925.
- “Entry of Authorized Dealers in Pre Owned Car Market- Relevance of Lemons Theory”, in Studies in Indian Place Names, UGC Care Journal, in March 2020, Vol.No.40 Issue 74, ISSN: 2349-3114; 396-402.
- “Factors affecting Purchase Intention towards Pre Owned Cars”, in Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, An International Open Access Journal, in February 2019, Vol.No.6 Issue 2, ISSN: 2349-5162; 490-508.
- “Pre Owned Car Market in Kerala: A Model Linking Attitudes, Product and Dealer Related Factors to Post Purchase Behaviour”, in Archers and Elevators Publishing House, First Edition 2018.
- “Influence of Product and Dealer Relate Factors on Purchase Decision of Pre Owned Cars”, in Researchers World, Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce, International Referred Journal in July 2017, Vol.No.VIII Issue No.3, ISSN (P): 2231-4172; 106-111.
- “Profile of Pre Owned Car Consumers of Kerala”, in International Journal of Sales & Marketing Management in June-July 2016, Vol.No.5 Issue No.4, ISSN (P): 2319-4898; ISSN (E): 2319-4901.1-8.
- “Emerging International Business Order”-Achieving Competitiveness for Indian Business, in Perspectives on Emerging International Business Order by Directorate of Public Relations and Publications, CUSAT, Kochi Pg:No: 28-37.
- “Consumer Behaviour Towards Gold Purchase”, in International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Management in June 2014, Vol.No.4 Issue No.6, ISSN – 2231-1009, 55-57.
- “Role of Brand Name in Purchase Decision of Passenger Cars”, in Indian Journal of Applied Research in September 2013, Vol.No.3 Issue 9, ISSN – 2249-555, 310-311
- “Rural Marketing-The Buzz”in POSEIDON Journal of Commerce, Management & Social Science,Vol.No.2 December 2012, ISSN 23196238 141-45
- “Cross culture – An Understanding from various aspects” in Global Research Review 2012, Peer Refereed Bi-annual Research Journal of Finance & Management, Vol.IINo.II-A December, 2012 ISSN2250-2521 89-95
- “Trends and Patterns in Passenger Car Market of BRIC Countries” in International Journal of Current Research in November 2012, Vol.No.4 Issue 11, 044-048.
- “Attitude of Customers in Thrissur towards Green Products” in Journal of Management and Science, Peer Reviewed Journal, Special Issue V 23-26.
- “Customer Perception on Various Aspects of Khadi Textiles” in Global Research Review 2012, Peer Refereed Bi-annual Research Journal of Finance & Management, Vol.II No.1 June, 2012 197-204.
- “Consumer Response to Retail Atmospherics in a shopping mall in emerging marketing condition” in Journal of Management and Science, Peer Reviewed Journal, Special Issue V Marketing in 21st Century Global Marketing Environment: Issues & Challenges 13-17.
- “Changing face of Car Market: A Review of Market Growth and Changing Sales Trends in Indian Passenger Car Market” in International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT & Management in January 2012, Open Access International e-Journal – Included in the International Serial Directories, Vol.No.2 Issue 1, 94-98.
- “Consumer Behaviour towards Instant Food Products: A Perceptual Study” in ASBM Journal of Management December 2011 Vol. IV, Issue II,32-39.
- “Consumer Preference at Organized vs. Unorganized Retail Oulets of Thrissur” in Emerging Trends in Business Management: Finance & Marketing, Macmillan Advanced Research Series, 2011, 221-226.
- “Retail Service Quality Dimensions among grocery shoppers in Thrissur Municipal Corporation” in the Interdisciplinary Research Journal “Research Lines” in January-June 2011, Vol.IV No.1-B, Pg;No: 113-120
- “Female Workers in Retail Shops: Issues and Challenges”, in Female Employment in India Issues and Challenges by Directorate of Public Relations and Publications, CUSAT, Kochi Pg:No: 65-84.
- “CRM-An Innovative Perspective for Modern Marketers?” in the Peer Referred Research Journal “Management Innovator” in July-December 2010, Vol.3 No.2, Pg: No: 64-76.
- “Quality of Work life of employees in Telecommunication sector” in the Interdisciplinary Research Journal “Research Lines” in December 2010,Vol III No.II-B, Pg:No:8-13.
FDP/Workshop/STTP/ Panel Discussion
- Online FDP on “Blockchain Technology-Applications, Issues & Challenges sponsored by MeitY GOI organized by E&ICT Academy, NIT Warangal and Managalore Institute of Technology & Engineering, February 21 to March 2, 2022
- Online FDP at Marian International Institute of Management on “Effective Online Teaching Strategies”, June 06,2020.
- ‘Quality Research & Publication in High Impact Journal’ organized by the Research & Postgraduate Department of Commerce, St. Dominic’s College, Kanjirapally June 19, 2020.
- “FDP at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies on “The Art of Case Writing”, February 04, 2017.
- FDP at IIM Kozhikode on “Innovative Approaches in Management Teaching”, November 17-21 2014.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (UGC NET)– 2005
- Accredited Management Teacher by AIMA- 2012