Education: MBA, M.Com.
Ms. Antu Thomas has completed Master of Business Administration, specialisation in Finance from Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu and Master of Commerce,specialisation in Finance from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala. She qualified UGC NET and doing Ph.D in International Business.She has more than five years of teaching experience.Ms.Antu Thomas has published extensively in the area of finance and gives frequent presentations about her work to both academic and non-academic audiences. She has published four chapters in different edited books in the area of Finance and Banking. She has functioned as a resource person for technical sessions of seminars organised by various colleges.
- M.Com(Finance) 20014-16, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala
- MBA (Finance) – 2010-12, Bharathidasan University.
- BBA. (Management) – 2007-10, J.J. College of Arts & Science, Thrichy, Tamil Nadu.
- Assistant Professor (on Contract) at Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara. Nov.2020 to Sept.2021
- Assistant Professor (on Contract) at St. Aloysius College, Edathua. Aug.2018 to May.2020
- Lecturer (Management) at St. Thomas College, Kozhencherry. July.2015 to July.2018
Areas of Interest
- Financial Management
- International Business and
- Derivative Management
InternationalAnd National Conferences (Selected)
- Behavioural Transitions of Individual Investors during the Covid-19 Pandemic, National Conference: Rest Society for Research International (RSRI): Tamil Nadu, India, 2020
- Emergence of Gold Derivatives, National Seminar on Derivatives, St. Aloysius College, Edathua, 2020
- Investor Home- Efficient Market Hypothesis in India International Seminar on Financial Markets: Issues and Challenges, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu2012
- A Review of Indian Capital Market Efficiency, International Seminar on Emerging Capital Markets: Issues and Challenges, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, 2011
- Role of Derivatives Market, Recent Trends in Commodity Derivatives and Risk Management: National Seminar, Bharathidasan University,2010
National Conferences/Seminars (Selected)
- Change in Marketing Approach: Pre & Post Covid-19, St Aloysius College, Edathua on 18th June 2020
- Digital Marketing and Inflim Branding: CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore on 10th June 2020
- Gamification tools in Teaching: St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva on 07th May 2020
- Taking Research Forward During the Pandemic: Layola Institute on 20th May 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on “Gamification Tools in Teaching” organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell, St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva on 07-05-2020.
- Attended the “Webinar on Outcome Based Education”, jointly organized by St. Thomas College (Autonomous), Thrissur and Kerala State Higher Education Council on 13th May, 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on “research publishing and plagiarism control” organized by Pavanatma College, Murickassery on 22nd May 2020.
- Attended the webinar on “Preparing for Online Teaching” conducted by Sacred Heart College (Autonomous), Thevara, Kochi on 21st May 2020.
- Economics-Financial Challenges and Learning: Covid- 19 Pandemic Impact, SB College, Changanassery on 30th May 2020
- Finding Opportunities in the Period of Trouble: GeethaJeevan Arts and Science College, Tirunelveli on06th July 2020
Publications / Chapters/ Cases/ Book Review
Research Articles in Journals-ISSN
- “Awareness levels of salaried individuals about tax planning”, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), ISSN-2349-5162., (2021)
- Weak form efficiency: In select Indian Agri- commodity derivatives in NCDEX, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR., P- ISSN 2349-5138, (2020)
Research Articles- ISBN
- “Trend Analysis of Gold Futures in Indian Commodity Market”, Perspectives in Finance Akinik Publications, Volume – 3., 978- 93- 90541- 29- 4., (2020)
- “Behavioural Transitions of Individual Investors during the Covid-19 Pandemic”, Recent Trends in Management and Commerce, REST Publications, 978-81-936097-6-7 (2020)
- “ILFS Crisis and Impact on Mutual Fund”, Current Perspective & Prospective Reliability of Indian Financial System, 978-81-923104-2-8., (2019)
- “Fish farming entrepreneurial opportunities and challenges in Covid pandemic”, Asian Research Foundation Publication, Asian Research Foundation Publication., (2021)
FDP/Workshop/STTP/ Panel Discussion
- “Research Capability building”,10 days’ workshop of St, Berchmans College, Changanassery in association with Indian Accounting Association from 18 July 2021 to 15 August 2021
- “Advanced Concepts on Developing MOOCs”, 2 weeks Faculty Development Programme For teachers of Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, Sponsored by MHRD, 02/072020 to 16/07/2020
- “Financial Market: Teaching and Research Perspective”, 7 days FDP of Bishop Moore College, Mavlikara, Sponsored by KHEC, 27/06/2020 to 03/07/2020
- “Comprehensive e-Learning to e-Training guide for Administrative Work”, 2 weeks FDP for Teachers of Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, Sponsored by MHRD, 25/05/2020 to 05/06/2020
- “Data Analysis using Microsoft excel Spreadsheet”, 4 days FDP for teachers and researchers of Department of Management, KristuJayanti College, Bengaluru, 19/05/2020 to 22/05/2020
- “Building Optimal Portfolio in Post Covid-19 Pandemic”, 7 days FDP for teachers and researchers of Department of Management KristuJayanti College, Bengaluru, 21/05/2020 to 28/05/2020
- “Risk Management using Derivatives”, 7 days FDP for teachers and researchers of Department of Management KristuJayanti College, Bengaluru, 26/05/2020 to 02/06/2020
- “R-Program”, 7 days FDP for teachers and researchers of St. Joseph College, Irinjalakuda Association with IIT Bombay, 04/05/2020 to 10/05/2020
- “Advanced Research Methodology”, 5 days STTP of Rest Society for Research International (RSRI):Tamil Nadu, India, 11/05/2020 to 15/05/2020
- “Research Workshop”, 5 days STTP of BELL Institute of Research and Development Studies, 25/06/2020 to 29/06/2020
- “Statistical Analysis in SPSS Software”, 5 days STTP of Rest Society for Research International (RSRI): Tamil Nadu, India, 01/06/2020 to 06/06/2020
- “Basic Statistics Analysis for Research”, 5 days STTP of Rest Society for Research International (RSRI): Tamil Nadu, India, 18/05/2020 to 22/05/2020
- “Art and Writing Research Article in Commerce and Management”, 2 days’ Workshop of Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, 23/10/2010 to 24/10/2010
- “Online Panel Discussion on Strategies to Revive Indian Hospitality, Tourism and Travel Industry: Post Covid-19”: KristuJayanti College, Bengaluru, Department of Management.
MOOCS: COURSERA & SWAYAM COURSES
- “Finance for Everyone: Decisions”, Course offered by McMaster University-2020
- “Understanding Research Methods”, Certified by University of London – 2020
- “Business Statistics” 12 weeks course offered by CEC through SWAYAM -2020
- “International Business” 12 weeks course offered by NPTEL through SWAYAM – 2020
- Passed National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (UGC NET)– 2018
- Passed NCFM Exam on Derivatives and Risk Management (NSE)-2013
- Evaluator of Essay Competition on Women’s Day: St. Joseph College, Irinjalakkuda.