Designation: Assistant Professor (Sr.)
Area: Finance and Accounting
Education: M.Com (BF), Ph. D
Dr Mohammed Iqbal completed his Ph.D in the area of finance from Pondicherry University. His Ph.D thesis was titled ‘Information asymmetry in Indian equity market’ that investigates the information asymmetry and related problems pertaining to Indian equity market. Prior to joining Saintgits, he was a finance faculty at IFIM Business School Bangalore (Now Jagdish Sheth School of Management) and Madanapally Institute of Technology and Science, Madanapally. He have also worked with CL Educate Ltd in a research consultancy role during 2018-19.
- Ph.D (Finance), Pondicherry University, 2013 – 2019.
- M.Com (Business Finance), Pondicherry University, 2010 – 2012.
- B.Com (Computer Application), University of Calicut, 2007 – 2010.
- Assistant Professor, Madanapally Institute of Technology and Science – Madanapally, Sep 2020 – June 2021.
- Assistant Professor, IFIM Business School – Bangalore, Aug 2019 – March 2020.
- Research Mentor, CL Educate Ltd – Bangalore, Nov 2018 – July 2019.
- M. Iqbal and S. Santhakumar (2017)‘Annual report readability and information asymmetry’, 17th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR) Conference, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- M. Iqbal and S. Santhakumar (2017)‘Annual report comprehensibility of Indian companies’, International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance (ICFMCF), Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- M. Iqbal and S. Santhakumar(2016)‘Information asymmetry and its sources in Indian equity market’, Indian Finance Association 6th India Finance Conference, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- M. Iqbal and S. Santhakumar (2016) ‘Information asymmetry and insider trading in Indian equity market’, The Indian Econometric Society 52nd Annual conference, Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode.
- M. Iqbal and S. Santhakumar(2014)‘Information asymmetry and insider trading in Indian equity market’, 14th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR) Conference, Indian Institute ofScience, Bangalore.
- M. Iqbal & S. Santhakumar (2018), Information asymmetry and insider trade profitability in India. Journal of Indian Business Research, Emerald Publishing.
- P.Iyengar et.al & M. Iqbal (2020), Efficient Frontier and Perception of Investors: A Risk Analysis. Test Engineering and Management.
- G. Shivaprasad et.al &M. Iqbal (2020) Determinants of entrepreneurial crowd funding success and awareness of crowdfunding among entrepreneurs. Journal of Critical Reviews.
FDP/ Workshop attended
- Workshop on Plagiarism detection with Urkund, October 2015. INFLIBNET Centre, Ananda Rangapillai Library, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- Financial Research Workshop, November 2014. The Financial Research and Trading Laboratory, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Kolkata.
- Workshop on ‘R Software’, August 2013. The Indian Econometric Society. Department of Economics, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- Faculty Development Programme on Application of Econometrics for Management Research, June 2013. ABV Indian Institute of Information Technology& Management, Gwalior.
- Author workshop, January 2013. Springer and Edanz. Department of Information Science & Technology, Anna University, Chennai.
Passed UGC National Eligibility Test in Commerce – 2013
Received UGC Moulana Azad National Fellowship for Ph. D studies (MANJRF & MANSRF)