Association of Department of Business Administration
Management Association started functioning in the college from 20 October 2014 as an initiative of the BBA Department. It started with the objective of identifying talents, nurturing talents, encouraging creativity etc. It conducts different programs within our institution, social awareness programs for the benefit of backward and other community groups and also organizes intercollegiate programs.
Every year, the college hosts the glorious intercollegiate fest ‘GitsBlitz’ and management association conducts two spectacular events -Best Management team and Best Strategic Pair.
BBA students bagged several prizes in intercollegiate fests conducted by various educational institutions in Kerala.
- For the last four years, Department of Business Administration has been closely involved in social activities by visiting House of Divine Providence, Kunnamthanam
- The association conducted a session on ‘Basic Life Support’ by Dr. Merab Ann Luke, First Aid Kit competition, Online Photography competition(moments in rain) etc.
- As part of extension activity, a question bank for visually challenged people was developed on June 26, 2018. The students of BBA recorded about 10,000 questions and answers of PSC examinations under the leadership of Lr. Sanju P Cherian. The recorded question bank was transferred to a CD and handed over to officials of KOTTU Charitable Trust.
- In “KUTTIK ORU KUTTY”, a programme initiated by Dr. B. S. Thirumeni, Former district collector of Kottayam, our students collected 5400 notebooks and handed over the same to the collector on 11/09/2018. The students, staff and the management wholeheartedly supported the idea of providing notebooks to the children.
- Through the ‘Knowledge to Life’ program, Saintgits College of Applied Sciences, Pathamutttom, Kottayam has gained the world’s attention. The college is setting a new path by setting libraries for schools nearby. UNESCO appreciated their works through a certificate of merit and news about it had been published on its official website. The students of Saintgits college along with the coordinator Mr. Sanju P. Cherian collected a total of 10,000 books in a short span of 4 months. They set libraries for 20 government schools which didn’t have the libraries, across the districts of Kottayam, Pathanamthitta and Alappuzha.
- In connection with Indian Postal Day which is celebrated annually on 10th October every year, the Department of Business Administration organized an Inland Letter writing activity. Almost 500 letters were written and posted. The letters were addressed to famous personalities and public figures that influenced students’ life in a gracious way.
The initiative for this activity was taken by Mr. Sanju P. Cherian with the students of BBA Department and later on spread to other departments in the college. The activity was wholeheartedly supported with the participation from teachers, students and non teaching staff.
Recognizing the efforts made by students, an international radio portal based in London called London Malayalam Radio published a video feature about this memorable act.