YASHUS Commerce Association
Yashus, SCAS Commerce Association is the first and foremost student association of Saintgits College of Applied Sciences, started in the year 2004. Association, plays a dominant role in the holistic development of students by organizing various social, cultural and academic programs for the excellence of students. We motivate students to participate in various national level intercollegiate fests and workshops for self-development of students and for depicting their talents. Association celebrates important days, conducts various charity activities, organizes workshops and other academic and non-academic programs for staff as well as for students.
Every year Commerce association makes active participation in the inter collegiate fest, “Gits Blitz” organized by our college by hosting 7 important events like, Best Manager, Product Launch, IPL Auction, Monopoly, Business Quiz, Finance Game, Marketing Game,Corporate Walk etc.
Highlights of association activities include the following:
- Different clubs Commerce Association functions under in order to enhance the quality and competency among students
- In association with Youth Enrichment through Scholars, the department organizes various interaction modules with prominent entrepreneurs by the program “Meet the Entrepreneur”.
- Association visits Infant Jesus orphanage, Thottakkad and provides Christmas gifts every year
- Conducted digital awareness class for Kudumbashree unit of Pathamuttom
- World Blood Donor Day was conducted on 14th June 2018 with the theme “Be there for someone else. Give blood, share life”. A mime was conducted by the students to depict importance of donating blood to save lives
- On Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking day, a flash mob was conducted by the third year students on the theme of negative impact of drugs and prevention of using them
- Children’s day was celebrated with the students of St. Marys LP School Veroor and Govt. LP School, Pathamuttom
- Organized various faculty development and student development programs on Linked In, Google Forms, SPSS etc
- Association also organizes various Alumni Interaction Module (A.I.M) for students which opens a platform for students to interact with alumni who holds various positions in the market
Association wishes to introduce more student and faculty centric events for the overall development of the institution.